Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Pharoah OP
Grouchy Smurf

Oddometer: 24
Dash Pad Ignition Switch

Hi,

I just picked up a vintage Hannigan Super Sport fairing that I am going to put on my R80RT. My first big question is what parts are required to move my ignition switch from the RT fairing to the dash pad?

I am going to drill the SS fairing for gauges but I really want the switch on the dash pad.

Thanks,
Peter
Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
Hi,

I just picked up a vintage Hannigan Super Sport fairing that I am going to put on my R80RT. My first big question is what parts are required to move my ignition switch from the RT fairing to the dash pad?

I am going to drill the SS fairing for gauges but I really want the switch on the dash pad.

Thanks,
Peter
You need a hole that isn't too deep. Remove the ignition switch, it's simple, comes right out, and you will know what you have to work with.

You will need to stretch all the wire connections to the switch. I would make an add on harness that connects to the existing on the switch end and then goes to new connectors at the switch. This gives you the new and most flexible wire talking the load of the turning handlebars.

The switch stays dryer in the fairing, and the slot in it faces up in the exposed dash pad. Personally I would install it in the Hanigan, Possible rather discreetly.

I have an RT dash pad for sale cheap if you want it modified for a switch without changing the one you have.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote