ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.
 
Jeuneyer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: SW-Virginia
Oddometer: 68
anywhere to watch races streaming or online? All i can find is clips or highlights.
Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict
 
kellymac530's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: so. cal.
Oddometer: 1,052
I have not found a live action site. Just that streaming where it is glitchy like a series of photos flipping, not linear.

It may be out there, but I want to watch it on my big flat screen full HD not on my 17" monitor.
__________________
it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
kellymac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Thanks! I do understand how TV Stations make money though.

If they are tape delaying a race (or any sport for that matter) why cut some of the sport out in order to fit in the commercials.

When you watch Football/Baseball/Basketball/Track/Swimming/X-Games/etc, they show the commercials between the action. They don't cut out the game/race to show the commercial.

Even in Nascar they try to show commercials during the yellow flag.

But, during a short 20 lap race we miss out on two laps for commercials.....

During your 60 Minutes show on Sunday night, did you miss out on 1/10th of the show because they ran commercials over it? No, they Edited the running the show to provide breaks for commercials to run.

If you tape delay a race how hard would it be to provide a 2 minute break for commercials to run? No, they skip right over it (those two laps) just like it is running live. Again, we all (well, some of us) understand it is tape delayed.
All we want to see is the crashes,and we did.Several times in Eli's case.Football,Baseball etc,ACTION?I think not.Some study said the average football player saw like 6 min of total action in a game?Pleease!
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor
 
WildAnCrazymtl's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Peoples Republik of Kanada, Québec province!
Oddometer: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
I have not found a live action site. Just that streaming where it is glitchy like a series of photos flipping, not linear.

It may be out there, but I want to watch it on my big flat screen full HD not on my 17" monitor.
If you can get it to you I pad, apple tv will get it you big screen. You can also record your stream and send it wireless to your big screen with the right tv/coumputer farcles.
__________________
"Work negatively inpacts my free time !" Me.
"Ride it like you stole it, then do the same to me ! " Her.
"A good thing in a bad place, is still a good thing ! " Us.

____________
R1200GS 09
DRZ400 03
WildAnCrazymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
All we want to see is the crashes,and we did.Several times in Eli's case.Football,Baseball etc,ACTION?I think not.Some study said the average football player saw like 6 min of total action in a game?Pleease!
You sound like my girlfriend, I say something and she argues a completely different point. This discussion isn't about the quality of action in football, baseball or how much playing time pro's see theses days, it is about the piss poor coverage, by CBS Sports, of the Supercross Race only.

BTW, if you are going to debate something, at least, get your facts straight.

#17 Eli Tomac races in the Supercross Lites Class which was originally aired on Speed on Sunday @ 2:30. (and I thought they did much better than CBS and it was all taped at the same time.....)
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
You sound like my girlfriend, I say something and she argues a completely different point. This discussion isn't about the quality of action in football, baseball or how much playing time pro's see theses days, it is about the piss poor coverage, by CBS Sports, of the Supercross Race only.

BTW, if you are going to debate something, at least, get your facts straight.

#17 Eli Tomac races in the Supercross Lites Class which was originally aired on Speed on Sunday @ 2:30. (and I thought they did much better than CBS and it was all taped at the same time.....)
See,I couldnt tell the difference between CBS and Speed!
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
See,I couldnt tell the difference between CBS and Speed!


Cause you just watch the crashes????

How did you like JS's from two weeks ago? It was a quick one. One second you are first and the next, on your face.

Or....this last week's start. From my perspective, Bam Bam was the root cause to each and every one of them going down. He sure did cut to the inside quickly, across almost half the field....

Back on subject, I think that Speed gives better replays of the big crashes than CBS does.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #23
Xmoto
Death Race
 
Xmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Schodack,NY
Oddometer: 2,107
I would really like to see more TV coverage of GNCC races.
__________________
Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and there's is the only one that doesn't stink.
Xmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #24
yzedf
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: W Greenwich RI
Oddometer: 84
CBS is horrible I agree. Try being a MotoGP fan. You won't be singing SPEED's praises anymore.
__________________
Chris
2013 KTM 500 EXC
yzedf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,470
CBS just signed a big contract with AMA superbike to broadcast live.. and have a pre show.. maybe its the guys at Feld motorsport screwing everybody
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I would really like to see more TV coverage of GNCC races.
That being said,I'm grateful for what coverage we do get.
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post


Cause you just watch the crashes????

How did you like JS's from two weeks ago? It was a quick one. One second you are first and the next, on your face.

Or....this last week's start. From my perspective, Bam Bam was the root cause to each and every one of them going down. He sure did cut to the inside quickly, across almost half the field....

Back on subject, I think that Speed gives better replays of the big crashes than CBS does.
Well I must say the crashes are sometimes more exciting than the racing.I love good close racing,but you dont get that alot in supercross,maybe beck in 6th thru 10th,but who gives a rats ass about them.Come the outdoors,I hope Baggett,Wilson and others are healthy.Cant wait for Redbud!
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #28
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict
 
kellymac530's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: so. cal.
Oddometer: 1,052
I realize it is not every race that there is a battle up front, but did you miss Minneapolis? GREAT battle and pass for the win...

Last season had some great battles early in the season before Dungey got hurt, then Stewart, then Reed, then RV2.

So not to change topics, but how bummed do you think Dungey is right now with 2 races left and he is 25 points back....did someone say damn air shock?
__________________
it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
kellymac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #29
VITIXER
Mmmm, cherry pie!
 
VITIXER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 140
SPEED becomes nonexistent come midsummer anyway.
__________________
V
VITIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict
 
kellymac530's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: so. cal.
Oddometer: 1,052
Non existant except for 24/7 Nascar coverage.

Doesn't Speed have the nationals?
__________________
it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
kellymac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014