Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
LostRider.net OP
Now or never

Oddometer: 2
Question Crashbars for F800GS with large tank? Anyone know?

Me and the Misses are planning a world tour starting june 2014, planning on doing Europe, Russia, Mongolia and then South America, North America and Canada in about 13 months . We have ordered each a BMW F800 GS (2012) and will fit it wit a Touratech large tank to get the extra 20 liiters / 5 gallons of fuel. However Touratech crashbars do not fit on the bike with the large tank.

So my question is, do any of you know if there are crashbars on the market that will protect the engine, and yet fit below the enlarged Touratech tank?

Thanx guys

Planning the dream => 12 months on 2 wheels
LostRider.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRider.net View Post
Me and the Misses are planning a world tour starting june 2014, planning on doing Europe, Russia, Mongolia and then South America, North America and Canada in about 13 months . We have ordered each a BMW F800 GS (2012) and will fit it wit a Touratech large tank to get the extra 20 liiters / 5 gallons of fuel. However Touratech crashbars do not fit on the bike with the large tank.

So my question is, do any of you know if there are crashbars on the market that will protect the engine, and yet fit below the enlarged Touratech tank?

Thanx guys
I don't think there is one. Some people rearrange the Givi crashbar or fabricate their own entirely. Keep in mind that the tank is supposedly built like a bumper and so the tank should prevent damage to other parts.

At some point I was thinking I might try the crash bar for the R model, but that might interfere with the rearsets ...

petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
The tank is the engine protection. A riding buddy has proven this over and over.
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote