ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,839
Red light camera in Riverside..

I was mailed a violation. Vehicle not bike. Was going to my friends fathers funeral at Riverside National, beautiful service, served in the Navy in WW2, buried with honors...

So who knows what the deal is with Riverside and how they function with the enforcement legality on these? Other cities are dropping red light camera's based on enforceability and other legal issues from what I can remember reading, but what of Riverside?

Thanks...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,270
You do not respond to It at all. No citing officer, no ticket. You may get ugly letters demanding payment, but they cannot put anything on your record unless you pay. Payment is an admission of guilt.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed.

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 10:16 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
You do not respond to It at all. No citing officer, no ticket. You may get ugly letters demanding payment, but they cannot put anything on your record unless you pay. Payment is an admission of guilt.
Yeah, try that, let us know how well it works. Tickets get sent to the P.D and courts, its on your record and you have an official notice.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,027
Pay it or fight it? If it was me, and I violated a law, I would pay it. Perhaps go to traffic school.

Would I ignore it? No. I only do that with jury summons . JK.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Easyrider Jay
n00b

Oddometer: 91
Try this site

ticketkick.com

Check out this site.
I had same red-light ticket from S.F. two years ago and I did use this guys' service. The case was dismissed after about 6 months paper trial. Their fee was about $200 so if your fine is much more than their fee it is worth to try.
Easyrider Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
Yeah, try that, let us know how well it works. Tickets get sent to the P.D and courts, its on your record and you have an official notice.
San Bernardino has done away with the whole red light camera process. Don't be scared, cops aren't watching the cameras in real time, so it's not official. Think of it like a jury summons, straight into the shredder it goes! If you get nervous about it you could always have a cop run your record for warrants.
I actually paid one once, cost like 600 bucks after traffic school. I've had 3 others and was advised by legal counsel to dis regard. Problem solved.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
I've had 3 others and was advised by legal counsel to dis regard. Problem solved.
If by chance you have contact information for said legal council and would like to share that information it would be appreciated.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
If you get nervous about it you could always have a cop run your record for warrants.
I actually paid one once, cost like 600 bucks after traffic school. I've had 3 others and was advised by legal counsel to dis regard. Problem solved.
So I walk up to a cop and ask him to check me for warrants... and he says yes sir you have one for not paying a ticket or showing up for court. You do know what happens next right ?

Why does it NOT surprise me that you have just blown through Red Lights 4 times. Well at least 4 times cause I am sure you don't always do it when there is a camera.

No I don't think it wise to take any advise from this young man.

If you guys wanna plan ahead here is a little tip. Register YOUR primary driver in your wife's name alone. Register hers in your name alone. If you get a camera ticket in the state of CA it gets thrown out as soon as the reviewer that processes the images sees a male driving a females car... or visa versa. Obviously not the owner driving the car if it's not the right sex.

In CA they have to prove it is you driving your car. You do NOT have to prove who it was to get out of the ticket like other states. So the ticket will never be processed. You won't even get a notification.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,015
Lots of info here, too:

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

Yes, technically the paper sent to you isn't a summons. Doesn't mean the court system won't treat it as such. The hoops you'd have to jump through if you call their bluff and they don't flinch will be a lot more painful than the original fine. So, read that site above, look at your "summons" carefully, and decide from there.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post

If you guys wanna plan ahead here is a little tip. Register YOUR primary driver in your wife's name alone. Register hers in your name alone. If you get a camera ticket in the state of CA it gets thrown out as soon as the reviewer that processes the images sees a male driving a females car... or visa versa. Obviously not the owner driving the car if it's not the right sex.

In CA they have to prove it is you driving your car. You do NOT have to prove who it was to get out of the ticket like other states. So the ticket will never be processed. You won't even get a notification.
Until they check for other drivers who live at the same address and come up with YOUR picture.....

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
Until they check for other drivers who live at the same address and come up with YOUR picture.....
They don't do investigations. The clerk sees a woman in the photo of a car registered to Ralph and tosses the incident and moves on to the next. Doesn't even make it to the LEOs desk. It is the ONLY loophole in the CA system at this time.

Other states send the ticket to the registered car owner and you have to narc out the wife or pay the fine.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
So who knows what the deal is with Riverside and how they function with the enforcement legality on these? Other cities are dropping red light camera's based on enforceability and other legal issues from what I can remember reading, but what of Riverside?

Thanks...
Van Buren @ Wood?

I have paid for 2 of those tickets, ~$400 a pop.

A lot of cameras are gone, they keep promising to get rid of the rest, but they are still there...

I'd rather pay than risk it, but that's just me...
Old 04-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
They don't do investigations. The clerk sees a woman in the photo of a car registered to Ralph and tosses the incident and moves on to the next.

I beg to differ. Somebody does some investigating, at least here in Sacramento County. I have all of my vehicles listed under my wife and I (helps later when either of us croaks). She got tagged by a red light camera. Somebody had to make the decision to pick the female name to send the ticket. And no, she didn't fight it. Ticked me off....

Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Van Buren @ Wood?
Right off the freeway at Indiana..

Quote:
have paid for 2 of those tickets, ~$400 a pop.

A lot of cameras are gone, they keep promising to get rid of the rest, but they are still there...

I'd rather pay than risk it, but that's just me...
Two of them, ouch..

I'm looking at varying options of how handle this...That's why I posted the question to get some feedback..