ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
Tommyg2bad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
They make great Christmas cards

They have a ton of these things in the Denver/metro area. I drive a heavy van with a load and sometimes it's not safe to try to stop, or it gets you if you stop just over the line. In order for them to force you to pay they have to serve you, and they just won't bother with that. I send mine out as Christmas cards since it has my picture. I never pay them. Few do after it came out in the press that there's no real penalty for not paying. It's fee based law enforcement at it's worst. Photo radar you do have to pay or a warrant will be issued. They were ruled unconstitutional in Co. for a few yrs. because the people in the vans weren't official law enforcement and fee based enforcement was also unconstitutional. Now they are and it is.
I would call the city and ask what they do if you don't pay then read between the lines of what they threaten to do.
Tommyg2bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
I beg to differ. Somebody does some investigating, at least here in Sacramento County. I have all of my vehicles listed under my wife and I (helps later when either of us croaks). She got tagged by a red light camera. Somebody had to make the decision to pick the female name to send the ticket. And no, she didn't fight it. Ticked me off....
The answer is in your remark. You said the car was in both names... you said she got popped... they saw a woman and she got the ticket.

However, had you had the car registered as I suggested to YOU no ticket would have been sent.

It wasn't an investigation. Is was a clerk that looked at your registration... and you gave them the data to write you guys the ticket no matter if a woman or man was caught in the camera.
__________________________________________________ _________

BTW - You can do as I suggested and drive cars registered soley to each other. Then sign the DMV paperwork of each car to each other as a gift... don't date it... leave it in the file with your wills. Then if one person croaks... back date by one day of death and the car is yours.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 10:15 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 2,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post

However, had you had the car registered as I suggested to YOU no ticket would have been sent.

It wasn't an investigation. Is was a clerk that looked at your registration... and you gave them the data to write you guys the ticket no matter if a woman or man was caught in the camera.

Fine, don't call it an investigation if you want. I give the powers that be more credit than you. Since they have a money motive, and it's not much work to find additional drivers at the registered owners address, I'll stand behind what I stated. Prove your theory, please.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

So say my identical twin brother was driving my car when a red light camera gets him. According to the authorities reviewing the camera data, it sure looks like me. How does someone fight this? So you go in to court, state you have an identical twin and then what? They make YOU prove you have a twin? How do you prove that if he/she isn't in the courtroom?

Maybe a copy of a drivers license? Out of state would be best, right? Do CA courts have access to out of state drivers license databases? Or maybe a couple of family photos...

Just a couple of thoughts during my morning commute.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

You are waaaay over complicating it. If the registration has a male name only... and the photo catches a female the ticket never gets processed.

If you fight the ticket they have to prove it was YOU driving. Obviously YOU are not a woman. So they don't waste their time with the citation if a woman is caught in a man's car or visa versa.

By having both names on your registration you are guaranteeing that you and your wife will always receive a ticket.

If you lent the car to another male you would get the ticket. You can go to court and show them you are not the guy in the photo. Not sure if they have the right to make you narc. Not sure if you narc on your twin if they will pursue him for the violation. Remember this is only traffic court.

Don't wanna believe... I don't care. I did my research after getting my first $400 camera ticket. I have to drive through 10 of these things in Apple Valley area. So we did the registration thing. So far no tickets and I have had one strobe flash on me 3 months ago. Nothing in the mail.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #22
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
Two of them, ouch..

I'm looking at varying options of how handle this...That's why I posted the question to get some feedback..
Ouch us right. Neither one were earned by me, either.

I will be interested to hear if you can get away with it, I certainly wish you luck.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
You have a cop buddy run your shit. My cousin is a lawyer so no names will be given. I like the idea of the name transfers on the registration. And you can't legally get subpoena by mail. Someone has to physically serve you paperwork. Maybe I'm a wanted man in Cerritos, Los alimtos, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles. And I have recieved a ticket just recently by mr. highway patrol for tinted windows in the last few months. Have a nice day sir.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #24
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:
So I walk up to a cop and ask him to check me for warrants... and he says yes sir you have one for not paying a ticket or showing up for court. You do know what happens next right ?

Why does it NOT surprise me that you have just blown through Red Lights 4 times. Well at least 4 times cause I am sure you don't always do it when there is a camera.

No I don't think it wise to take any advise from this young man.

If you guys wanna plan ahead here is a little tip. Register YOUR primary driver in your wife's name alone. Register hers in your name alone. If you get a camera ticket in the state of CA it gets thrown out as soon as the reviewer that processes the images sees a male driving a females car... or visa versa. Obviously not the owner driving the car if it's not the right sex.

In CA they have to prove it is you driving your car. You do NOT have to prove who it was to get out of the ticket like other states. So the ticket will never be processed. You won't even get a notification.

You don't have to take my advice, keep feeding the beast and the beast gets bigger. When the beast has to purge cash to pay for process servers and keeping courts open, the beast gets smaller. The goal here is to cash starve the beast.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Quote:
You are waaaay over complicating it. If the registration has a male name only... and the photo catches a female the ticket never gets processed.

If you fight the ticket they have to prove it was YOU driving. Obviously YOU are not a woman. So they don't waste their time with the citation if a woman is caught in a man's car or visa versa.

By having both names on your registration you are guaranteeing that you and your wife will always receive a ticket.

Don't see how I'm over-complicating things. You said that investigations aren't done on these red light tickets. I have experience contrary to that and said as much. When somebody is looking at a photo and trying to determine the gender to match the registered owner(s), I'll call that an investigation. You have a "system" that you think works based on your 'no investigation' theory, good for you. I hope it continues to work for you.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
Don't see how I'm over-complicating things. You said that investigations aren't done on these red light tickets. I have experience contrary to that and said as much. When somebody is looking at a photo and trying to determine the gender to match the registered owner(s), I'll call that an investigation. You have a "system" that you think works based on your 'no investigation' theory, good for you. I hope it continues to work for you.
You win Capt Ron... If the clerk looking up your plate number to get your name and address to mail you the ticket is an investigation then from here-to-fore we will refer to it always as an investigation.

Changes nothing. You are still guanteed to get that ticket as long as you have both male and female names on your registrations.

But you win the word challenge... you are the master word dude !

Guests are encouraged.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #27
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,653
Quote:
You win Capt Ron... If the clerk looking up your plate number to get your name and address to mail you the ticket is an investigation then from here-to-fore we will refer to it always as an investigation.

Changes nothing. You are still guanteed to get that ticket as long as you have both male and female names on your registrations.

But you win the word challenge... you are the master word dude !
Google "snitch tickets"

If it is not a "Notice to Appear" and no court location or date is shown then you probably don't have to pay it. If it says "Notice to Appear" and gives you a court date and location then it is an official summons and you have to answer it.

I got one in Riverside a few years back and because it did not state "Notice to Appear" and no court was shown, I tossed it. I renewed my license recently and there is nothing there.

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
Rally_West
Central Scrutinizer

Oddometer: 142
If AB666 passes you WILL pay it and you WILL NOT get the opportunity to fight it in court. It is a VERY ugly bill penned by an asshat that got payola from the company in Az. that runs the scam.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #29
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
Google "snitch tickets"

If it is not a "Notice to Appear" and no court location or date is shown then you probably don't have to pay it. If it says "Notice to Appear" and gives you a court date and location then it is an official summons and you have to answer it.

I got one in Riverside a few years back and because it did not state "Notice to Appear" and no court was shown, I tossed it. I renewed my license recently and there is nothing there.
Exactly. And. Notice to appear cannot be just mailed to you. Must be delivered by person, like a cop, or an actual process server. You guys don't actually really go to jury duty do you?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #30
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 214
Can someone post where they usually run the red lights, so that I can avoid these areas. I fall down enough on my Husky and break the plastic enough. I don't need someone running me and my bike over. Ain't nobody got time to be getting run over by red light runners. I got asthma!!

08 KTM 990S, 08 Husky TE610,
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote