Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #16
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
I had the exact same thing happen to me, minus the collision. At what point to people decide its okay to stop driving civilized and start driving like a fucking idiot? I avoided the collision because I got lucky. The guy got out of his car and screamed at me about hurrying up afterwards (we pulled into the same bank)

No faith in humanity.

Get well soon.
NesquikNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
So the guy that hit you they are treating as a witness. And they are searching for a witness that they believe is a suspect?

Is your bike made of marshmallows or something? How can they not tell he hit you?
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #18
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,323
If YOU did something wrong, you can be sure the police would be all over you like a cheap suit.

I hope the bastard that hit you gets charged, big time.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,671
Filing a false police report is a serious crime.

Time to see the chief, and also if you live in the town, call the mayor. If that does not work, call the paper.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 936
I do live in the town where the accident occurred. I was actually turning into my folks driveway so they had to see me on the side of the road. :(

But I have a lot of friends here including a sheriff so we'll see what happens. I just got home and am getting settled. The police did tell me that since I wasn't killed its just a misdemeanor hit and run. That was a reality check. I though it was a more serious crime.

But I live! So I shall not be bitter. :)
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
rgoers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Hope your recovery is uneventful. Seems like there has to have been some marks on his vehicle. Fooey on the cops.

I've noticed another trend, too. You are making a left turn on a two-lane and you are positioned in the left 1/3 of the lane, and more and more people will pass you on the right, half in your lane before you've even completed the turn.

I'm inclined to start making my left turns from closer to the right 1/3 of my lane and not give the miscreants an opening...

--Bill
When I started riding 25 years ago; that's one of the first things I learned... GUARD YOUR LANE! If you don't, other drivers *WILL* try to "share" it. The ONLY time you don't do this is when it poses a direct danger to you...

To the OP:

Hope you heal up quickly. I would certainly get a lawyer involved ASAP. The Cops will likely NOT do the right thing for you... it's less paperwork for them.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #22
arbutus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
so, if you had been a pedestrian crossing the street, the situation still would be the same? The idiot that hit you is saying "no, it wasn't me, it was the guy that left the scene"? You say you traded some paint, so does that mean there are some marks on his car? Should be easy enough to analyze that.
He probably already took it to the shop if he's trying to get out of this though I bet... A shame the cops didn't take your word for it at the scene and charge him and impound the car! I really hope this works out. What a douche. I hope he comes to his senses and realizes he won't be able to live with himself if he doesn't take responsibility.

Another thought. Sounds like a bad spot for a turn. Aside from the idiot's reaction, is it that surprising that he hit you? Are there any warning signs coming up the road about hidden driveways or anything? Obviously you shouldn't go ripping over a hill faster than you can stop in time to see what's on the other side...But maybe it's just a poorly designed road and that was a factor in what happened...
arbutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,319
Wow, that really sucks! I hope that, if they do not catch him, Karma takes care of it. Sounds like he was elbow deap in shit already!

Get well soon man!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

Once I've take some pictures of the road I'll post them and try to really explain what happened so maybe someone can learn from my bad luck and judgement. It is a bad entrance but its my parents driveway so it is what it is. I should not have turned in. But it was extremely unexpected what the guy behind me did. Once I post pictures I think it will be more clear. I also got the X-ray images today so ill post them as well for your viewing enjoyment.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Sorry for typos and such. I'm using a ipad and typing on this thing is very difficult for me. I guess I have big fingers. I feel like smashing it sometimes. lol

bracky72 screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 05:11 PM
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #25
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

The xray cd has pretty low res pictures but here is the before and after.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,513
Damn dude. The police really need to wise up here and charge the guy that hit you. I hope you heal up quick.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
Kikemon
Poseur

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
The xray cd has pretty low res pictures but here is the before and after.

That's a really nice repair job!
Kikemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #28
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

I am very pleased with the job Winchester Medical Center did.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,586
Wow, that's fucked up! So the description of the car in the article, complete BS from the guy who actually hit you?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #30
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

I'm pretty sure that description is not accurate. I have a few leads so I might know more in the next day or so. We're still working on contacting witnesses. I'm not letting the hunt consume me though. It happened and I'll deal with it. Just like any of you would.