ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
KiLO OP
Adventure Cafe

Oddometer: 307
Talking Southern California Shops/Retail?

Hey all! New-ish member here, and just recently acquired a Triumph Tiger 800 XC (which I love). Been doing unhealthy amounts of research and have a list of mods and gear on my wish list. This site has been overwhelmingly helpful with my research.

I live in the Orange County area, and though I haven't been up to the South Bay/LA area yet, there doesn't seem to be many good shops to check out gear. The only shop local to me is Cycle Gear, and they pretty much only carry the Bilt stuff, which I'm not interested in. They can order things, but I may as well just order online from somewhere with a good return policy.

Anybody know of any gems in the OC or surrounding area where I can check out and try on gear?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,698
Off Newport Blvd south of 17th street is Newport Ducati/Triumph dealer

1601 Newport Blvd.

Around the corner on Superior is Dainese (D-Store) and 3 Bros KTM..

Have fun looking around..
Old 04-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
KiLO OP
Adventure Cafe

Oddometer: 307
Thanks SVS! I actually bought my bike at Newport Beach Triumph Ducati... Great guys. Been through the Dianese store too - lots of eye candy. Been a while since I've been there though, I should stop in again.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,370
Try JCMotors in Irvine, best prices around and they'll beat all other's advertized prices.
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 894
Most local stores don't have much Dual sport or ADV specific gear in stock, but some carry a good selection of standard street gear and dirt bike gear.

Motorhelmets.com has a retail store in Fullerton with a large selection of brands, especially helmets. Closed on Sunday. http://www.motorhelmets.com/

Chaparrel in San Bernardino has a Huge Mega mall dealership. They have the largest selection of gear I have seen but again not a lot of ADV specific stuff. They stock most of the Klim riding gear. They stock most popular tires used on ADV bikes and dual sports.

If you are looking for Kriega gear, Cycle sector in San Diego used to stock it a couple years ago (call first). I see that Malcom Smith in Riverside is a Kriega dealer also but I don't recall seeing any there a few months ago.

Turbo city makes racks, panniers, and other bike accessories. They have a store in Orange. https://tciproductsusa.com/

Cycle parts west in Stanton stocks dirt bike type gear (often discounted). They have some generic street gear also. Nothing specific to ADV. I usually buy oil, filters, chain cleaner and other consumables there.

Motoport in North San Diego county makes some of the most abrasion-resistant riding suits available. Their gear does tend to be bulky, heavy, and no-so-stylish. I have one of their air mesh suits and like it. Some riders love them, some hate them, so it would be good to look at their stuff before buying it.

Those are about all the noteworthy places that I know of.

RandyM screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 06:19 PM
RandyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #6
sgmartz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
also Bert's Mega Mall in Covina and Del Amo Motorsports in Torrance

Irv Seaver BMW has Olympia and some Rev'it gear as well as all the BMW crap
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,203
Most all of the shops mentioned don't have squat for adv riding. Maybe a few jackets at Chapparals or Berts. And the beemer dealers have the high-end stuff.

Here's a thread for Rev'it, guy has a shop in south bay. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370530
I have not been there but it's on my list. I'm kinda cheap to buy the high-end stuff, klim, rev'it, rukka, etc. I have a lot of tourmaster stuff and it's just fine for this old fart. I'm not doing RTW stuff, just some local trips and campouts. Olympia rates high on my list, great stuff, reasonable cost. I don't have any of their gear yet.

Aram has the best prices on gear and can bring in items you want: www.solomotoparts.com
His adv thread here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=solomoto
Aram is active in the riding community and has ridden with a lot of us locals, so we try to utilize his services. He's an onlne retailer too, but they do have an office and warehouse to pick up product. I'll be there later today for some boots.

Extreme Supply has a few items that may be applicable for our use. Again, no retail store but you can order and pickup there, try on before you buy: www.extremesupply.com
I've bought SIDI boots there and a discount which is 'extremely' hard to find. LOL.

Atomic Moto is an online retailer in Oregon with good selection and recommendations on adv and dualsport gear: www.atomicmoto.com
They have several threads here on adv discussing specific pieces of gear. I know there's one on the afx helmet, jackets, klim gear. You can track down Brian from his username. Heres one on Forma boots: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=atomic+moto

There's always Rider Warehouse for Aerostich. www.aerostich.com

I got my Tiger from NB Ducati Triumph as well. Unfortunately they lost their best guy Chad. Good shop though, but they don't have any adv wear. A few triumph oem wear and some Rev'it stuff.

Berts has some triumph stuff too. BTW, whomever is making their gear it's good stuff. Unusual for an oem brand. Their ADV jacket and pants are a winner. None of it is real expensive either.

Get on the local threads and come join us on upcoming events. Quite a few tiger owners around.