Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
stinkyrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Eh? You Bet Diggin's Dual Sport Ride

You Bet Diggins Dual Sport Ride

I'm not good at holding things back. It doesn't matter, if you bottle it up inside, it's only sure to come boiling up later. I would like to add that, I've seen this behavior many times before, even in myself as well as others. Which is why I like to write, it's like a dam that is sure to spill over when water is not released, My mind is exactly the same, and trust me, you don't want it boiling over. Bad things happen. Terrible destructive things. People run and hide and do mean things, like call the police, and scatter and holler like rats, when I get angry. That Is why I don't bottle it up. That is why I write. To keep nice people like you, safe from lunatics like me. I learned this at an early age through psychotherapy. You release now to those who shall deserve it (praise or punishment), or you may release later to thou, who is unsuspecting, and undeserving of your bizarre punishment and or praise. I know this may sound weird, but it rings a bell as to why I keep writing these damm ride reports. Because what's the point of life, without sharing the facts and details. "Here ye, here ye, I like to write, blah blah blah blah. No, but seriously, I do savior the facts and details, and maybe love history a little bit much, with brings me to this point;

You Bet, was actually a town. It was in the northern sierra's. It was huge. It was savagely beaten to a pulp by hydraulic mining. It was because of these towns, that hydraulic mining was banned. There was a movie too. Pale Rider. There was fame, fortune, glory, death, and some of the hardest working people you'd meet at the time. Hell, when was the last time you thought of a career like digging through rocks for a living?!? And that was after you'd cross the great plains by way of wagon and mule with scarlet fever after getting lost in death valley and then freezing to death on Donner summit, only to find after you dug out the rocks, you were now going to carry them all the way to San Francisco, Then horse tail it back to the foothills and repeat. I wonder If these guys, "held it all back?!? Seriously?? Really!?! Hell no, they didn't hold back. They had so much God Damm time on their hands between their slow traveling and the solitude of the work in the hills, many things were expressed. Immediately.

Again, why I'm here. So we started of with a small crew of heathens, and headed north out of Auburn ca., But however, Mark had planned a loop about 175 miles with about 5,500 ft in elevation through some great old mining towns like Red Dog, and You Bet Diggins, along with some spectacular views and some very remote fire roads.

This was the first time I had been this deep in the forest since last september and I now remember why I miss it so much. I love the serenity, the huge pines, wild life, and that "ohh shit!" feeling you get when your sliding through the mud like your trying to save first base. I'm not a fan of humble pie. But that's all mr. mud serves me. But wow, what a great day, what a good bunch of fella's.
More photo's here
http://sna-joe.smugmug.com/SierraNev...9018543_p8vPpL
and here too
http://sna-joe.smugmug.com/SierraNev...4683783_M73LKP
and some video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsmep8ZRWY
Thank you and odd night good fellows
stinkyrider is offline   Reply With Quote