User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
motoxandrew OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Bus Trip

Hey guys. My name is Andrew. Me and a bunch of buddies are taking a rebuilt school bus across the country with our off road bikes in the back. I know it sounds a bit odd but we really want to go across the country and love riding. So hey... why not? We however do not know anyone who has done this trip before so we are not sure of any good places to stop. Attahced below is a general route we intend on taking. Our hope is to have a good place to stop in every state. Please leave a comment with your advice; it would be greatly appreciated. If you are in the are be on the lookout for a bunch of torublemaking guys in a big school bus.

-If anyone would want to meet up just leave a post with a name and number, always happy to talk to other riders.

motoxandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,319
Your route in California looks coastal. Most of the coast is protected by rabid vegetarians, with a couple of exceptions:

1. In Pismo Beach, you can ride the dunes at Oceano Dunes. If you hit that spot on a holiday, it is party central.

2. In Hollister, there is a little OHV park. Popular, but not that special IMHO.

Other good spots to ride in California include the deserts in the southern part of the state, such as Death Valley, Mojave, and Red Rock Canyon. I am not 100% sure what the license requirements are (plate vs green sticker vs red sticker), so you may want to look into that. There are likely short term permits or something.

Same thing for the National Forest land along the foothills of the Sierra. There are lots of single track trails to explore, as long as you have spark arrestors and proper tags. Just stop in any Forest Service office and pick up the free trail map.

In Utah, Moab isn't too far off your route.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,654
Y'all understand how much gas that bus is gonna suck ?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
motoxandrew OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Y'all understand how much gas that bus is gonna suck ?
yea thats why we are taking a bus full of guys to split on the diesel. Its pricey but its something you only get to do once. Much better investment than a trip to Mexico or Europe if you ask me.
motoxandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,319
You guys should film it. It sounds like a trip Travis Pastrana and his buddies would do.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote