ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #226
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Simple solutions...

No one should claim a tag unless they have a new tag to offer... PERIOD end of story.

If someone grabs a tag and does not post a new tag... old tag is still available so someone else can grab it and keep the game moving.

No reason to take the old tag and sit on it. that's just silly.

I know you guys just HATE suggestions... but it would solve the problem and keep this game moving aka fun... for participants and trolls.
I concur,
I think we just found a new judge, Judge Jeff. Put the hammer down buddy.
Ok dudes, go get the airplane tag from Sadisticchris.
Lets get back to the dirt...
Old 03-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #227
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #228
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post

Sorry Grinchy, your heart is just too big for the job at hand...and they call you the MEAN one. They don't know you.

Bolt will make a good judge, he' a real dick.
'
Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #229
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
He needs to change his tires still so he can make a hill climb.

Quote:
Yeah, those Kendas suck ass!

They work better than you think! I can do any single track around as long as it's not muddy.

Funny thing is, no one was complaining when the first few tags were made months between each other. Now that I got one, you expect the new one pronto!

I do have a work schedule you know. And having a new tag to post before even getting one is LAME! That would cause all kinds of cheating by guys pulling out old file photos. Thank god Jeff aint' the judge!

Slow and steady works for me. Not much longer to wait. Hell it's only been a few weeks!
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:09 AM   #230
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Simple solutions...

No one should claim a tag unless they have a new tag to offer... PERIOD end of story.

If someone grabs a tag and does not post a new tag... old tag is still available so someone else can grab it and keep the game moving.

No reason to take the old tag and sit on it. that's just silly.

I know you guys just HATE suggestions... but it would solve the problem and keep this game moving aka fun... for participants and trolls.
Where's your tag Mr. Troll?
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #231
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
They work better than you think! I can do any single track around as long as it's not muddy.

Funny thing is, no one was complaining when the first few tags were made months between each other. Now that I got one, you expect the new one pronto!

I do have a work schedule you know.

Slow and steady works for me. Not much longer to wait.
!
1. Those Kendas suck, like I said.

2. No one has ever taken this much time to create a new tag.

3.work sucks and should never be a priority over riding or this game.

4.thats what she said.

That is all.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #232
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
You guys are crazy,
The way I see it is the tag has not been officially “taken” until the new tag has also been posted. Doesn’t need a time limit rule for when the new tag must be posted, anybody should be able to claim the tag and post a new one in the meantime though.
Everybody that I know that rides has a busy life and that is one of the more interesting things about a game like this. At any time I can look at the thread and see the last tag posted and go for it with no notice when “I” have time and the desire. Anybody should be able to go get that plane tag and then post a new one if nobody else has already.
Really the tag before it on the trail should be the last official tag anyway, kind of crappy to dis the guy that took the trouble to get a tag, post the new one and then just dismiss it and create a new one. Just my thoughts in the matter.
What kind of nonsense are some of you going to say if I go out and get both the tags and post a new one? Seems like the right thing to do.
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #233
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
1. Those Kendas suck, like I said.

2. No one has ever taken this much time to create a new tag.

3.work sucks and should never be a priority over riding or this game.

4.thats what she said.

That is all.
1. Great tires

2. Sloggers tag took over 2 months. No one was complaining.....

3. Work sucks but is always a priority to riding. It's a necessary evil. Last few weeks since the last tag I've had only a few days off. I realistically only get to offroad once every three weeks or so.

4. That's what I said!

All this time limit bullshit started when Jeff (who has never got a tag) came on here and added fuel to the fire.

PS. All joking aside, if I don't give you a new tag in the next few weeks, I will be more than happy to pass it on to the next guy. Please cut me some slack. I have had to work extra days the last few weeks for some personal issues.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #234
mr. thumbs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
1. Great tires

3. Work sucks but is always a priority to riding. It's a necessary evil. Last few weeks since the last tag I've had only a few days off. I realistically only get to offroad once every three weeks or so.

4. That's what I said!

All this time limit bullshit started when Jeff (who has never got a tag) came on here and added fuel to the fire.

PS. All joking aside, if I don't give you a new tag in the next few weeks, I will be more than happy to pass it on to the next guy. Please cut me some slack. I have had to work extra days the last few weeks for some personal issues.
Dude, there is no tag because you are jacking off with it. Don't grab one if you can't post another in 48 hours. Posting a new tag is the easy part so get on with it Mister I can do 1000 on a day ride.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #235
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
1. Great tires

4. That's what I said!

Kind of what I am saying, you should not have a time limit to post a new tag, but if somebody gets the plane tag and posts a new one before you do then you would be out of luck, you snooze you lose. I am not the judge just trying to bring a little common since to the party.
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #236
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. thumbs View Post
Dude, there is no tag because you are jacking off with it. Don't grab one if you can't post another in 48 hours. Posting a new tag is the easy part so get on with it Mister I can do 1000 on a day ride.
I can do a 1000 in a day ride too. So whats up with the big change in rules here? 2 months to post a new tag was ok for someone else. Now all of the sudden guys are pissing and moaning after a few weeks.

This game is supposed to be fun. Not a crying session because someone doesn't get their way. You guys are too much. Like I said if I don't get a new tag for you in the next few weeks, I will pass it on.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #237
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Pissed Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZcruzer View Post
You guys are crazy,
The way I see it is the tag has not been officially “taken” until the new tag has also been posted. Doesn’t need a time limit rule for when the new tag must be posted, anybody should be able to claim the tag and post a new one in the meantime though.
Everybody that I know that rides has a busy life and that is one of the more interesting things about a game like this. At any time I can look at the thread and see the last tag posted and go for it with no notice when “I” have time and the desire. Anybody should be able to go get that plane tag and then post a new one if nobody else has already.
Really the tag before it on the trail should be the last official tag anyway, kind of crappy to dis the guy that took the trouble to get a tag, post the new one and then just dismiss it and create a new one. Just my thoughts in the matter.
What kind of nonsense are some of you going to say if I go out and get both the tags and post a new one? Seems like the right thing to do.
Rob, Crazy you say? You are correct. The airplane tag is still available until a new tag is posted,GOGETIT!

Chris, this is not a change of the rule, no tag is complete until the NEW tag gets posted.
Better hurry up before someone snakes ya...and just so you understand, this game IS fun, every part of it including the flaming and crying.

pcvance screwed with this post 03-11-2014 at 12:02 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #238
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

OK guys, I have succumbed to not being able to give a tag in a timely manner. No excuses. I'm just unable to ride. So in fairness to everyone, go for it. It's up for grabs.

Personal issues have made my riding take a back seat. Like my wife just pointed out, "the guys are eager to play the game, don't hold it up".

So Vance, you were right: 4. Thats what she said!!

Shit, that's fucked! My plan for tomorrow fell apart!
Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and no one will find that plane. Jeff said he will get it in his minivan.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #239
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Quote:
OK guys, I have succumbed to not being able to give a tag in a timely manner. No excuses. I'm just unable to ride. So in fairness to everyone, go for it. It's up for grabs.

Personal issues have made my riding take a back seat. Like my wife just pointed out, "the guys are eager to play the game, don't hold it up".

So Vance, you were right: 4. Thats what she said!!

Shit, that's fucked! My plan for tomorrow fell apart!
Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and no one will find that plane. Jeff said he will get it in his minivan.
Don't be a "quitter". Got get the tag!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #240
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Don't be a "quitter". Got get the tag!
If no one bags it, I'm all over it. Just wanted to put it out there to be fair. I'm in agreement to not hold up the game. In reality I'm lucky to get out a few times a month.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!