Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
bacon palace OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Bacon bits

Bacon bits parts 1 and 2
I'm heading out on Thursday for part 2. I went on my first solo long distance ride last November. Traveled on way to many paved roads but it was great trip none the less. Bacon bits 1 was a little over 3,000 miles taking me down the eastern shore thru Elizabeth City N.C then on to Morehead City. Across North Carolina to the mountains then south to the Gulf of Mexico. Then across the panhandle to St. Augustine and back to Maryland. I left the TET too often and was over packed with gear. I did meet some great Adv riders thru tent space and I have a little more confidence in my riding. I really want to thank Mikebike4, dlrides,TerraUnFirmar,AmericanWalkabout and BlueLightng from tent space for all of the help.

Part 2 I plan on staying off the pavement as much as possible. I hope to pickup the Ho-Cat, TETs then onto the Smokey Mountain 500 and then the TET up into Pennsylvania then back to Maryland. And also try to do a little better with this ride report and learn how to post photo's. Also I'd like to meet some more Adv riders.
bacon palace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
bacon palace OP
Adventurer

Made to the dirt. After 850 miles with only about 25 on NOT PAVED. The Ho-cat is not bad. So far sandy roads (paved connectors) with a lot of ruts and water holes. Fun stuff, you should check it out. Thanks for the tracks
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
bacon palace OP
Adventurer

The Ho-Cat was actually a great ride, not as much paved as I had thought. Got on the TETS after Abbeville. Road to Clayton N.C then onto Ellijay. Chattahoochee river road was closed but I rode down to the gate anyway. Duncan Ridge Rd at Wolf Pen Gap and the road over Springer Mountain were like night and day. Thanks Adv Land and DirtDabber
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote