Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #301
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInCA View Post
I tried to buy the Garmin TPMS accessory, and ADV152014 did not work.

I believe that code is just for the RAM products.

As to the BT headset, I gave up on it. The ones I tried just didn't work well for me. I could hardly hear them over wind noise and through ear plugs, the speakers pressed enough on my ears to make riding more than a couple hours downright painful. I couldn't get the mic and my chin in the helmet at the same time. I spent enough chasing that dream, and gave up.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #302
kfcandroid
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Size

Appreciate GPSCity for offering such a good price and big discount.
I have been trying to figure out how to securely mount my phone/GPS on Kymco Downtown 300 with minimum modification.
One user on Kymco forum showed me this setting:
http://www.rammount.com/universalxgr...2/Default.aspx

It looks nice, but I found a problem:
the listed RAM-B-272 is 9mm hole while RAM-B-252 is 11mm hole.
According to other Downtown user, the bike has 10mm hole for the rear view mirror (where I plan to put the base plate), should I get a 11mm instead since I can't find any 10mm model form RAM?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kfcandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #303
Bootworks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
Greetings! We have a Zumo coupon available as well, but that's one you'll have to PM for. We've recently added the Zumo590LM that was just announced, as well. If enough people are interested in the new Zumos, we were considering running a little contest in order to get feedback on the units. Any thoughts?

G
I sent a PM to GPSCity on 6/2 for the Garmin coupon code (want to order the Zumo 590LM)
So far no joy.
GPSCity hasn't posted for a couple of weeks, hope G is OK (is J still monitoring his PM's?)
Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #304
PYG RYDR
Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer: 367
Thumb Garmin 64s

Last Friday I sent a PM to GPS City-Jordan responded same day. I placed the order Friday evening and my 64s arrived Monday. Great service! And a little discount too!
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #305
Bootworks
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYG RYDR View Post
Last Friday I sent a PM to GPS City-Jordan responded same day. I placed the order Friday evening and my 64s arrived Monday. Great service! And a little discount too!
I'd prefer to support GPSCity given his participation here -a little discount doesn't hurt either- but the silence is eerie and it makes you wonder about the support, should you need it. I'll give this a few more days...
Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #306
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootworks View Post
I'd prefer to support GPSCity given his participation here -a little discount doesn't hurt either- but the silence is eerie and it makes you wonder about the support, should you need it. I'll give this a few more days...
Pick up the phone or send an email. PMs can be missed. GPSCity has always been great to deal with.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:47 AM   #307
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
I believe that code is just for the RAM products.

As to the BT headset, I gave up on it. The ones I tried just didn't work well for me. I could hardly hear them over wind noise and through ear plugs, the speakers pressed enough on my ears to make riding more than a couple hours downright painful. I couldn't get the mic and my chin in the helmet at the same time. I spent enough chasing that dream, and gave up.
Check out the Schuberth SRC system or the BMW COMM system, I have both and people tell me they cannot tell I riding a bike when talking and I can hear perfectly clearly at any speed.
Ride Safe,
Robert
Old 06-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #308
Bootworks
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
Pick up the phone or send an email. PMs can be missed. GPSCity has always been great to deal with.
Tried that. The order department says: "Yeah, we have some coupon codes on ADVrider, we don't give those out on the phone." Catch 22.
So I'm following the prescribed protocol the vendor published. I'd rather do business with GPSCity still, but it's a discretionary purchase: I have choices, and if I do not receive a courtesy response within a few days I will exercise them.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #309
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Well shit. I have been buying stuff from gpscity.ca and just realized today there is a code. Well now I know.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #310
LostAussie
Growing Old, Not Up!

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_doc View Post
Just ordered a Montana Bundle. Excellent Customer service. These guys deserve a beer!
What is this great customer service of which you speak? I called them a week ago about the discount code for the Garmin Montana bundle and was told to send a PM. Sent the PM six days ago and no response.
LostAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #311
LostAussie
Growing Old, Not Up!

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootworks View Post
tried that. The order department says: "yeah, we have some coupon codes on advrider, we don't give those out on the phone." catch 22.
So i'm following the prescribed protocol the vendor published. I'd rather do business with gpscity still, but it's a discretionary purchase: I have choices, and if i do not receive a courtesy response within a few days i will exercise them.
+1
LostAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #312
mountainfever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Hi just looking for a coupon code for a Montana650 and some mounts in Canada
thanks Mf
Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #313
Bootworks
Adventurer

Look, I don't mean to start a bitch sub-thread about these great guys. People have accidents, break hands. Garmin has been known to put shipment restrictions to vendors selling under MAP. The marketplace is huge and vendors cannot monitor every 'Farm' 24/7.

I'm sure they'll resurface in due time, these offers are an incitement, not an entitlement. Speaking as a businessman, the 'hook' is to establish relationships, becoming the 'vendor of choice' long term. I'll give these guys a bit of slack, they're dealing with whatever the current priority may be -putting out fires- and they'll be back as soon as they can.

We're motorcyclist, hell, things don't go as planned all the time. If GPSCity is absent for a while, no worries, I may buy somewhere else. Doesn't make them bad (or good), they're just trying to feed their families like we all are.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #314
the_doc
Street Convert

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAussie View Post
What is this great customer service of which you speak? I called them a week ago about the discount code for the Garmin Montana bundle and was told to send a PM. Sent the PM six days ago and no response.
There is also an e-mail contact on their page, which has worked for me in the past. I can only speak for my experience which was good
the_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #315
Bootworks
Adventurer

$719.99 delivered. Amazon? Amazing! No secret handshake required, either! But you snooze, you loose!
Bet you I get a PM code tomorrow...