Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
zorduro OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question Piston connecting rod for ktm 640 adventure(1998)???

I need piston kit, gasket kit and connecting rod kit for my bro's ktm 640 adv. Especially connecting rod kit is critical.

I live in Turkey and they are very expensive and has very long delivery time here. So i want to buy it from internet, out of Turkey.

I saw ProX kits on ebay.com but i do not know they are suitable for "adventure" models. they had written that they are suitable for "640 LC4". I asked them but they have not reply me yet.

What other options i have got? Can you help me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360627508277...S:1123&vxp=mtr
zorduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,673
You might be better off trying the thumpers section. OC is really V2 focused.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 776
Investigate this:

1. go to shipito.com (or any of the other companies doing the same thing) and create either a free account or a paid account A paid account allows you to combine several orders from the USA into one parcel for the purposes of shipping it to you.
2. Order the parts you need from a USA KTM dealer (or any other parts, accessories etc.) and deliver them to the address created in step 1.
3. Pay for the company in step 1 to ship them to Turkey. You still have to pay duties, taxes etc.

That's what a lot of Aussies are doing.

If you need a list of KTM dealers who will ship this way (which is most), PM me.

I don't like posting names on the web in case KTM North America come down even harder on their dealers (they already are not allowed to ship out of the USA).

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 4,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorduro View Post
I need piston kit, gasket kit and connecting rod kit for my bro's ktm 640 adv. Especially connecting rod kit is critical.

I live in Turkey and they are very expensive and has very long delivery time here. So i want to buy it from internet, out of Turkey.

I saw ProX kits on ebay.com but i do not know they are suitable for "adventure" models. they had written that they are suitable for "640 LC4". I asked them but they have not reply me yet.

What other options i have got? Can you help me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360627508277...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Yes, the Pro X rod kit will work in your Adventure model..

The Pro X piston kits will also work but they have 3 different piston clearance sizes... I believe that the "B" size is close to OEM if you are not replating the cylinder, but your cylinder bore should be measured to confirm... If you are replating the cylinder then it does not matter as they will size the cylinder to the piston provided. but your best to go with the "A" piston...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
sno
On a mission!

Oddometer: 130
I'm glad you posted this. I had my buddy go buy me a non running 640 adventure with the same problem while I was on vacation. I just looked at the pricing on the connecting rod kit. powersportswarehouse.com seems to have great pricing. I am in the US though. I'd be willing to help, just shoot me a PM