Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #241
Angryrican
know nothing all

Oddometer: 280
I saw one on the showroom floor at my local dealer and want ti but my wife won't let me get it

I did order the new rear brake pedal though!
Angryrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #242
fsiul17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Got to sit on one....

Hi everyone, today I went to look around the Jacksonville florida dealer...and to my surprise...there it was...the new adventure.... I think is a really good looking bike...here is a pic...

it was definitely a lot taller than the f800gs (I'm 5'9") ...oh and the price... 15545
fsiul17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #243
Rodooo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Thumbs down

If its taller that's me out. Bugger. Maybe only ten mm slightly taller but if seats wide it will be a struggle too ground

Rodooo screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 04:22 AM
Rodooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #244
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
I think you can get the lowered seat option..

I found the f800 to be ok for me, (6ft tall) and the adv is apparently 10mm higher.. which would probably bring it to the height of a 1200gsa. which i struggled with a little but could still ride it.
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #245
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Sounds like they took the fat girl to prom , married her then fed her pizza & cake for a few years. Them got her some fake boobs & expect a 2nd honeymoon.

Lol!! Waste of money for a bigger tank unless you ride with people who have 210+++ mile range.

Posted mobile on Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #246
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
2 or 4 Valves

Doing a comparo on the BMW Motorrad USA between the F800GS and the F800GSA....are they 2 or 4 valve per cylinder?
strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #247
LakeBrain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Sounds like they took the fat girl to prom , married her then fed her pizza & cake for a few years. Them got her some fake boobs & expect a 2nd honeymoon.

Lol!! Waste of money for a bigger tank unless you ride with people who have 210+++ mile range.

I guess you wouldn't be interested in the R1200GSA either then. I believe there's more to the F800GSA than just a larger tank, which I don't see as a bad thing for an adventure bike. There's also the included handguards, crashbars, pannier racks, a taller and wider windshield, wider front end for better wind protection, a better brake pedal, wider footpegs, a more comfortable seat and a modified suspension that lengthens the overall bike by a small amount. Not a bad list of enhancements for under $1500 bucks. That's comparing the msrp for a base 2013 F800GS ($12090) to the msrp for a base 2014 F800GSA ($13550). Who knows what the numbers might look like next year when the base price for the GS changes when it gets the 2014 stamp.

If you're looking for a bike to hit the single tracks with and be able to throw it around, you're right... this one's a fattie. If you're looking for a very strong and capable adventure bike that will eat up the highway miles and scoot you along the dirt roads in comfort, then this is a more than valid option in my opinion. Just because that's not what you are looking for doesn't make this a waste of money.
LakeBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #248
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post

I do.. Nobby has a safari tank on his Dr650 which could basically get him to perth on a tank
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #249
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeBrain View Post
I guess you wouldn't be interested in the R1200GSA either then. I believe there's more to the F800GSA than just a larger tank, which I don't see as a bad thing for an adventure bike. There's also the included handguards, crashbars, pannier racks, a taller and wider windshield, wider front end for better wind protection, a better brake pedal, wider footpegs, a more comfortable seat and a modified suspension that lengthens the overall bike by a small amount. Not a bad list of enhancements for under $1500 bucks. That's comparing the msrp for a base 2013 F800GS ($12090) to the msrp for a base 2014 F800GSA ($13550). Who knows what the numbers might look like next year when the base price for the GS changes when it gets the 2014 stamp.

If you're looking for a bike to hit the single tracks with and be able to throw it around, you're right... this one's a fattie. If you're looking for a very strong and capable adventure bike that will eat up the highway miles and scoot you along the dirt roads in comfort, then this is a more than valid option in my opinion. Just because that's not what you are looking for doesn't make this a waste of money.
Lol. You're right. I have no interest in the 1200GS. Have they made it a 1250 or 1300 yet?

What does this thing weigh? I had the F800GS & always wanted to put it on a diet.

Hope they upgraded the front suspension in that list too.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #250
moto74
displaced

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
Doing a comparo on the BMW Motorrad USA between the F800GS and the F800GSA....are they 2 or 4 valve per cylinder?
Have to be a typo wouldn't it?
moto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #251
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
i wonder.. it would be kinda cool if it had a better torque curve or something.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #252
Roastpuppy
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Pretty much my bike of choice if I were much richer, or single with no wife to police my spending.
Roastpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #253
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
Considering that the 800 engines have been four valve from the start, I doubt they regressed to a two valve now. Just a typo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #254
Rodooo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Any reviews on the comfort of the standard seat yet. Or even the low version or does the comfort seat off a standard 800 fit the adventure model
Rodooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #255
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodooo View Post
Any reviews on the comfort of the standard seat yet. Or even the low version or does the comfort seat off a standard 800 fit the adventure model
I've rode the 13' model with the comfort seat and found it comfy.. By the looks of the shape its pretty much the same seat.

I did notice it marginally felt a bit thick when standing up off road though.. but after having the standard seat on my F650 I would gladly pay that price for the comfort it has over the std seat.