ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #451
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
if i read correctly the thread is called New F800GS ADVENTURE!!!

not ...
New F800GS ADVENTURE!!! and it alternative?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Speed racer should work for BMW marketing.

This thread is supposed to be about the GSA and why it's an alternative to other bikes in the market place
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #452
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,501
Why would people be looking at a NEW F800GSA?

OK, I'll go back to working on my bike....I think the stupid is spreading.
Snowy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #453
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
........ ........

but if she read this ........ ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
lol or riding that great looking GSA if the head belonging to that ass decides it has a headache or read this post
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #454
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
cover your mouth your stupidity is contagious,joking ..... come on snowy cheer up we all like riding even if we all dont like the same bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Why would people be looking at a NEW F800GSA?

OK, I'll go back to working on my bike....I think the stupid is spreading.
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .

Sfladvrider screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 11:06 PM
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #455
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
back to the thread

friend riding the GSA ....



Right before he dropped it in a gas station parking lot



he made it up and let me take them for a ride



good friend to have

__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #456
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Speed racer should work for BMW marketing.

And yes, the KTM1190AdvR is a game changer.

telling anyone who'll listen that they are the best thing since sliced bread.
Lol and theres the problem, I dont think BMW would appreciate me saying the 1190 adv r is the best thing since sliced bread
__________________
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #457
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
another person who gets it ..... dropped it about 2 times today florida sand is tricky with no knobs but damn do those crash bars work and I'm getting some muscles picking it up
I just tried my first sand riding over the weekend.. Man what a rush, its more forgiving than I thought although I had new knobbies.. but got my dakar rally mindset going.. its great fun!!

Lol so the crash bars worked a treat? no scratches or anything? sweet!!! that's all you could ask for... My crash bars wern't so good... LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
........ ........

but if she read this ........ ...........
LMAO!!!! thats gold...
__________________
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #458
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 675
hahaha.. so back to the thread..

I had my heart set on the GSA, but took the S1000rr for a spin first, then the GSA second... I was sad, couldn't decide on if i wanted to do adventure riding anymore or track day riding..

No matter how much I insisted they simply wouldnt give me the factory fitted option of the s1000 engine with quick shift etc.. in the 800gsa hehehe

then (ahem, while I was drinking fanta), I started to get orange in my veins.. saw this new beast that had more balls then I do to push it to its limits but would still do my style of motoX adventure riding..

So a new horse was born in my shed I still love BMW's as well, I'm not prodigious to brands.. I'm easy
__________________
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #459
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
Austrian..German.... they both make a good product. . I just don't like the no front fender look.

Funny you should say fanta, twas in germany that fanta showed up.

ps. should look up the history of fanta....all i can say is coke is a dick company

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post

then (ahem, while I was drinking fanta), I started to get orange in my veins..

So a new horse was born in my shed I still love BMW's as well, I'm not prodigious to brands.. I'm easy
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #460
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Oddometer: 170
I have an F800GSA, an R1200RT and a KTM 350 XCF-W. Each one has it's place.

I bought the F8GSA because I liked the look of it and thought because I have other bikes to ride, I'd save 8K over the R1200GSA. I also decided I'd rather carry 6 gallons down low, than 9 gallons up high. :) I did go up to Malcolm Smith's place and looked at the big KTMs....didn't really care for them, which is not to say they weren't nice bikes for somebody.

So far, the F800GSA is great for it's narrowly defined purpose (and I hope to do some Back Country Discovery Routes soon), as is the RT. But seriously...if I'm going down to Mexico or out to the desert and want to do some single track trail riding, I'm not bringing along a F800GSA, R1200GSA or a KTM1190AdvR...they are ALL pigs. I'm riding the KTM 350. LIghtweight, nimble and plenty of power.

I remember watching a program where a guy who had lived in Anchorage for 40 years and had ridden up the Dalton dozens of times running tours...was asked what would be the best bike to ride it with. He looked at the camera and said..."it doesn't matter...I've seen them all...from Harley's to scooters, bicycles to jeeps and everything in between". "The best bike"...he says..."is the one that you got."

So there you go. Sometimes I think that guys only feel good about themselves when they can tear down someone else's choice in motorcycles. I suspect these same guys talk a big game, but are the ones with the least experience. Very knowledgeable on paper...real skills lacking.

Ride what you have and quit your bitchin. :)
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #461
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 155
how you liking that ktm

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
hahaha.. so back to the thread..

I had my heart set on the GSA, but took the S1000rr for a spin first, then the GSA second... I was sad, couldn't decide on if i wanted to do adventure riding anymore or track day riding..

No matter how much I insisted they simply wouldnt give me the factory fitted option of the s1000 engine with quick shift etc.. in the 800gsa hehehe

then (ahem, while I was drinking fanta), I started to get orange in my veins.. saw this new beast that had more balls then I do to push it to its limits but would still do my style of motoX adventure riding..

So a new horse was born in my shed I still love BMW's as well, I'm not prodigious to brands.. I'm easy
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #462
Icy Roads
Adventurer
 
Icy Roads's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta
Oddometer: 57
nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPHusky250 View Post
I have an F800GSA, an R1200RT and a KTM 350 XCF-W. Each one has it's place.

I bought the F8GSA because I liked the look of it and thought because I have other bikes to ride, I'd save 8K over the R1200GSA. I also decided I'd rather carry 6 gallons down low, than 9 gallons up high. :) I did go up to Malcolm Smith's place and looked at the big KTMs....didn't really care for them, which is not to say they weren't nice bikes for somebody.

So far, the F800GSA is great for it's narrowly defined purpose (and I hope to do some Back Country Discovery Routes soon), as is the RT. But seriously...if I'm going down to Mexico or out to the desert and want to do some single track trail riding, I'm not bringing along a F800GSA, R1200GSA or a KTM1190AdvR...they are ALL pigs. I'm riding the KTM 350. LIghtweight, nimble and plenty of power.

I remember watching a program where a guy who had lived in Anchorage for 40 years and had ridden up the Dalton dozens of times running tours...was asked what would be the best bike to ride it with. He looked at the camera and said..."it doesn't matter...I've seen them all...from Harley's to scooters, bicycles to jeeps and everything in between". "The best bike"...he says..."is the one that you got."

So there you go. Sometimes I think that guys only feel good about themselves when they can tear down someone else's choice in motorcycles. I suspect these same guys talk a big game, but are the ones with the least experience. Very knowledgeable on paper...real skills lacking.

Ride what you have and quit your bitchin. :)
agreed
__________________
Icyroads
Icy Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #463
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
how you liking that ktm
Everything about it is great.. It really doesn't feel as heavy as it is and the crash bar design is awesome same as the suspension, with the f650 and 800's a lot of people swap out the springs and everything (which I didnt bother but I knew if i kept it, I would of as it was bottoming out all the time..) The KTM suspension is fantastic, real progressive and some would say a bit stiff.. I like it though, same as tracking your lines and giving a real point and shoot steering characteristic.

Now if we go down the engine path all i can say is, it will make you grin ear to ear and shit yourself at the same time, every time you open the throttle. :)

The little problems people whinge about are nothing compared to what it offers.. (Eg: heat from under the seat) My only problem is I don't have enough time to ride it while I'm working to pay for it.. lol...

Did you have any adv bike before the GSA?
__________________
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #464
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
Austrian..German.... they both make a good product. . I just don't like the no front fender look.

Funny you should say fanta, twas in germany that fanta showed up.

ps. should look up the history of fanta....all i can say is coke is a dick company
wow.. didn't know that about Fanta.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanta

almost as much of a shock as it was to hear hitler was austrian.. hehe
__________________
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #465
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer
 
rmhrc628's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: The high country VIC
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
I just tried my first sand riding over the weekend.. Man what a rush, its more forgiving than I thought although I had new knobbies.. but got my dakar rally mindset going.. its great fun!!

Lol so the crash bars worked a treat? no scratches or anything? sweet!!! that's all you could ask for... My crash bars wern't so good... LOL





LMAO!!!! thats gold...
Rip poor little bike

rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014