Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #46
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,664
We had 3 F800GSA threads on the go... pruned and cleaned up and started this one with factual info, rather than the previous threads with photochops and speculation without released facts.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #47
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
I like the new cleaning lady :o)
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #48
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostON2 View Post
starting a sentence with 900cc and ending it with GS is the only way BMW will get into my pockets again for the F series. for now touratech will get my $ until we see a BMW 1200 GSA wethead

Well sadly I don't think this will happen anytime soon. the Nuda engine is a whole other philosophy, more agressive, 26 more hp and 10,6 mkg. It's not the way an easy dual sport is supposed to function. The Tiger XC has its powerfull triple but most of the fun from the 675 engine is out. Now it's just linear and that's it. The Nuda engine is explosive and would more fit a "supermoto" what the nuda is more or less. Putting that engine in the 800R wouldn't make much sense either since they're making an 1000RR Roadster. Oh and most importantly I don't think that the othership would allow themselfs to take the engine of another brand even if they "designed" it with rotax. The whole KTM community is screaming for an 800 Adventure model, and we the Beemer community want (I know some don't but please don't try to start an argument bla bla I like my engine in THIS thread...) a 900cc engine... Crazy world

Anyway, anything new on the suspensions? WP? Sachs? Maybe excel is part of the deal now?
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:

Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #49
epicxcrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I was actually thinking the same. Looks bulky, and fat in the rear. I refer to the bike itself, not with the luggage, but It has lost it's lines. Not doing it for me.
Ghetto booty!

It's a pig. I liked the original because it was svelte for an ADV bike. Now it's just another fat touring bike.

Can't see those engine guards doing much, looks like the huge rad shroud will take whatever hit comes along.

GPS mount is cool, but I'd probably rip it off in the woods.
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #50
trululu96
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Hello

Look what I just found
http://3d-car-shows.com/2013/the-new...-gs-adventure/

Greetings
trululu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #51
Vagueante
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
For what i can see.

The windscreen it's the best that i've ever seen for this model, and the wider front (if the radiator it's bigger ?!?), will make a much better wind protection, than any other gs800, with no matter what extras you've put on it.

The bigger tank does look rather bulky, the pannier, engine guards, it's an improvment that has to be seen to see the tough they are.

Excepting the tank, i like the bike, has i don't know the price here, i cannot say if it's a good deal or not
Vagueante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #52
Vagueante
Adventurer

For what i can see.

The windscreen it's the best that i've ever seen for this model, and the wider front (if the radiator it's bigger ?!?), will make a much better wind protection, than any other gs800, with no matter what extras you've put on it.

The bigger tank does look rather bulky, the pannier, engine guards, it's an improvment that has to be seen to see the tough they are.

Excepting the tank, i like the bike, has i don't know the price here, i cannot say if it's a good deal or not.

The seat does look very nice!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #53
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagueante View Post
For what i can see.

Excepting the tank, i like the bike, has i don't know the price here, i cannot say if it's a good deal or not.

The price is listed at 14000€ or 2000 more that the "normal one". I never liked the looks of the OEM crashbars and now with the bigger plastics I think they are almost useless.. hope for those getting one of these that they can order it without the oem crashbars.
Hope I can mount the windscreen to my 2010GS... Oh wait I bet it's again about 350€... well never mind, I'll have to get a Mirage 2
Quote:

Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #54
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,720
My Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I was actually thinking the same. Looks bulky, and fat in the rear. I refer to the bike itself, not with the luggage, but It has lost it's lines. Not doing it for me.
Ummm, that's called maturity. Happens to the best of us.

Of course it's manly, it says so in the brochure. "Robust and masculine GS Adventure bodywork styling"

It's all about proportion. The big rear is balanced by the bigger front. "Balanced proportions, despite large rear tank." It looks like they added air ducts to help with cooling, possibly bigger rad but I doubt it. They should advertise it as "leg warmers". An image of a feeding whale shark came to mind. Just sayin'.

The pics show a plastic looking skidplate but all the action shots have the larger aluminum one. Hope that's standard for the price.

The first 1,000 bikes sold will be dubbed the 2013 BMW F800GS Adventure “Launch Edition” This will make tracking easier for recalls.

I could go on but I'm not really meaning to be critical. In this economy, it'll take more than this to pry my wallet open that far. Is BMW listening here? Offer a fuel tank retrofit kit for your loyal followers who have endured your growing pains. We could replace our cracking tanks that have managed to outlast the warranty before failing.

It's just like marriage, I'll keep the one I love and be faithful but will look longingly at the newer, younger models. I suppose I could test ride the bike much easier and get away with it too.

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #55
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselandon View Post
So if they made the underseat tank larger, what is the point in fattening up the side of the bike? Is there more fuel in there too? Or are they just trying to make it look like the R1200GS ADV?
Its all about how it looks. If it looks capable of crossing the Sahara, then it must be; right. And of course, that's what the buyers are going to do with it, right. After all, you do have to cross the Sahara to get to your favorite diner.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #56
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
". I never liked the looks of the OEM crashbars and now with the bigger plastics I think they are almost useless.. hope for those getting one of these that they can order it without the oem crashbars.
At least they redesigned the crash bars to make them wider. Maybe these on an older will work nicely. I bet there will be sets in the FM or Ebay soon enough.

Oh well, the posers will be happy with it.

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #57
Vagueante
Adventurer

For what i can see.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #58
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over

Oddometer: 720
So taller, shorter wheel base, narrower, nice fuel tank, electric suspension selection, new windscreen, pannier racks, heavier, less payload, less mpg, lower speed, and more $$.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #59
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Quote:

It looks like they added air ducts to help with cooling, possibly bigger rad but I doubt it. They should advertise it as "leg warmers".
If it's like the "old models" -2012 these will warm up your legs like crazy and I don't think I want that when it crosses the "sahara". Hope they fixed that problem... can't see how other than deflecting it somehow but who know what these mad germans have in mind!

The pics show a plastic looking skidplate but all the action shots have the larger aluminum one. Hope that's standard for the price.
I think the aluminium is only "standard" for the first 1000 models.. you know in some kind of package.

The first 1,000 bikes sold will be dubbed the 2013 BMW F800GS Adventure “Launch Edition” This will make tracking easier for recalls.
Mauvaise langue

Is BMW listening here? Offer a fuel tank retrofit kit for your loyal followers who have endured your growing pains.
Reaver for president! Brilliant idea... But do they offer such a kit for the 1200GS? If not I won't get my hopes up
:o)
Quote:

Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #60
dbh
d00d

Oddometer: 48
Can't find data on gear ratios - don't imagine they are any different.
dbh is offline   Reply With Quote