Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,156
check out the where to ride section on the snail trails site. bellthorpe is good if you just stick to the main dirt road, all the gnarly hill climbs etc are off on side tracks. about 15km in you'll get to sections that are eroded and have some ruts but easy enough in first gear for noobs to get through if you take your time.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
iSAW
Whats this lever do?

Oddometer: 156
Run around mt mee for the day. There is one bit of single thats quite fun just off the forest drive, and you can stop for a swim at one of the watering holes there to break up the day a bit.

IF (big IF!) you want to be sneaky there are a few ways around the gate at K-Break and the trails are still easy but more fun.
Personally, I'd avoid the single stuff for a while and stick to the fire trails until there is a bit of conditioning and what not.

Good luck !

My Philippine Adventure!
iSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #18
Kimi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 171 View Post
Kimi,
Take another look at that "somewhat ordinary looking gear" I wouldn't call a top of the range Arai helmet, top of the range jacket with full CE approved armor, good quality Kevilar jeans with, if you look closely at the bulk at the knee good quality knee guards fitted under the jeans, good quality Alpinestar gloves and good quality boots too ordinary. Admitted the boots are road riding boots but this was predominantly a road riding trip with the occasion made dirt road.
Cheers
John.
Your right, I was spotting the pants and the boots, my partner spent ages trying to get me into proper dirt pants and knee armour and proper boots (I have some lovely italian boots that were so comfy) I now wont "not" wear the dirt gear I bought, a friend had a bike drop on their foot and that was enough for me ......it was a bit of an effort to get used to the boots but now its easy ......must upgrade my helmet now
Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote