ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Tom Edison OP
No hurry, no worry
 
Tom Edison's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NW WA.
Oddometer: 2,342
Two Kawi's top Mt Washington...

after seeing that the Mukilteo crew didn't have
many photo's (1) Turnsleft (the Captain) and I
took a spin on up there. On the way we gazed
down at Philchuck Falls and talked about what
a great swimming hole it is in the summer.


on up at the top of the mountain it proved to be a bit hazy





I couldn't let n16ht5 Chris be the only one to play in the snow



why have a four wheeler when you could have six?



power from the north



heads south



the burn at Walker Valley happened last summer



after supper at Big Rock Kelvy had to check out this classic T bucket driver



nice way to spend the afternoon
__________________
Ride while you can - ozo
Tom Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
oldx
Beastly Adventurer
 
oldx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Camano Island, WA
Oddometer: 1,094
Pretty cool way to spend a nice day.
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer
 
turnsleft's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Woolley
Oddometer: 1,502
Tom and I rode up to Mt Washington to day just in case the last few days was our summer.

Tom had to play in the snow. If I was a bit quicker I would have caught Tom
resting, that is if he really fell over.



Steady now boy.



How is it Chris and Lorne do this.



We were up there.



Bald Cone.



Tom doing his thing.



We rode back through WV and seen the burn from last summer. Fish and Chips at Big Rock. Then home.

Illabot next week?
__________________
What has been seen can not be un-seen
turnsleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer
 
markwoodlief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Oddometer: 3,613
I miss riding with you fellas.. looks like you caught a great day to moto
__________________
Beta 525 RS..
markwoodlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Chris6_85
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Chris6_85's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Skagit County
Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
I miss riding with you fellas.. looks like you caught a great day to moto
mark if u dont have a bike that can get dirty i will let u use my little red pig anytime u want to come ride with us. just remember i think your odds are better now that there is one less deer prowling the roads of WV.

how have you been? i have not seen or talked to you in a long time. i hope all is well.

oh and where has lorne been hiding. i tried to get him to go riding with me a while back and he said he was fully detailing is bike to sell/trade in.

chris
Chris6_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,544
Mt. Washington, that's what it's called! Great pics, Tom, was that 6 wheeler at the very end of the road by the big clear cut? I was too wimpy to ride down there because I didn't think my bald tire would get back up across that little snow patch?
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer
 
markwoodlief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Oddometer: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris6_85 View Post
mark if u dont have a bike that can get dirty i will let u use my little red pig anytime u want to come ride with us. just remember i think your odds are better now that there is one less deer prowling the roads of WV.

how have you been? i have not seen or talked to you in a long time. i hope all is well.

oh and where has lorne been hiding. i tried to get him to go riding with me a while back and he said he was fully detailing is bike to sell/trade in.

chris
Thanks Chris.. bike isn't the problem as much as my shoulder being wrecked from said deer. I may try some light trials or dual sporting this year though, nothing gnarly is going to happen for a long time.
__________________
Beta 525 RS..
markwoodlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Tom Edison OP
No hurry, no worry
 
Tom Edison's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NW WA.
Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Mt. Washington, that's what it's called! Great pics, Tom, was that 6 wheeler at the very end of the road by the big clear cut? I was too wimpy to ride down there because I didn't think my bald tire would get back up across that little snow patch?
That big log hauler was close to where they were logging not far
from the gate. We didn't ride down that patch of snow either. Looked
like to much work getting back up through it. We were on a cruze
and didn't feel the effort would be worth the gain.
__________________
Ride while you can - ozo
Tom Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Mattleycrue76
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Marysville, WA
Oddometer: 29
That looks like an awesome road. Couple of questions: Would it be doable on a KTM 990ADV? Also is there any information on where this route starts out? I'm in Marysville and just recently got back into big Enduros so I'm trying to find some good places to ride. Seems like a lot of the roads around here are gated.

Thanks

Matt
Mattleycrue76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer
 
WeeMcD's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle & Skagit Valley
Oddometer: 431
There's a nice little trail through the woods in that area that will take you out to Grandview Road. I got going on it a while back and couldn't turn around when it spit me out into someone's back yard. I pulled up to the house and had a chat with the owner. Nice, understanding guy.
__________________
Blog of my adventures: www.BestScenicRoutes.com

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
Tom Edison OP
No hurry, no worry
 
Tom Edison's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NW WA.
Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattleycrue76 View Post
That looks like an awesome road. Couple of questions: Would it be doable on a KTM 990ADV? Also is there any information on where this route starts out? I'm in Marysville and just recently got back into big Enduros so I'm trying to find some good places to ride. Seems like a lot of the roads around here are gated.

Thanks

Matt
This photo show's the Granstrom Rd access to the area we rode in.
There is a gate that is locked when the logging operation closes for
the day. You can evaluate the get around when you get there.

__________________
Ride while you can - ozo
Tom Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
pb317
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: N Everett
Oddometer: 117
You guys realize that whole area is non-motorized? The gate is clearly marked. A friend of mines wife belongs to a horse club that rides in that area, they are far less than ORV friendly. If you fellas wanna duck around a gate or two fine by me, but pics with place names and Google earth screen shots posted on the net seem like evidence to me.
pb317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
deej
Deej (Deric)
 
deej's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Washington State
Oddometer: 506
Great stuff guys! I need to get my KLX ON!!!
__________________
One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced.
Think of your three closest friends. If they seem normal
you're the one!

2005 ST 1300--2006 250S--2006 XT 225
deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
Tom Edison OP
No hurry, no worry
 
Tom Edison's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NW WA.
Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb317 View Post
You guys realize that whole area is non-motorized? The gate is clearly marked. A friend of mines wife belongs to a horse club that rides in that area, they are far less than ORV friendly. If you fellas wanna duck around a gate or two fine by me, but pics with place names and Google earth screen shots posted on the net seem like evidence to me.
I have to disagree with you. There are no signs on that particular gate,
horses are not riding through the active logging on heavily graveled roads.
The loggers there had no problem with our presence. They pointed out where
we could ride and get around the gate.
You must be mistaken'. Horse's can't have all the fun!
__________________
Ride while you can - ozo
Tom Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
surferdude
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Oddometer: 44
This area is big bike friendly. Pete showed me this area on my first ride on my new (to me) 800GS. We got turned around on the way to Lake Cavanaugh by snow and ended up playing around this area and it was my first dirt adventure on the GS. So yes it is big enduro approved...assuming we were not trespassing which did not seem to be the case to me. I saw no signs that indicated we were not supposed to be there and on our way out the gate was wide open.
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014