Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #241
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
This is great! I love that you are saying where you end up each day because it helps me to construct a mental image of where you have been! More please!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #242
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,027
I searched PayPal and button and found a process to do it. Paypal merchant services, buttons, buy it, customer enters amount, PayPal creates link you can embed in web page or email or put in this thread. You can't use a donate button unless its a charity ( per IRS rules).

Or you can list your email and we can send $$ there!
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #243
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,945
While PayPal donations are a great way to fund an interesting adventure, and this one certainly has the makings of being worthy of Inmate support, the mods have at times taken a bit of a dim view of putting in a PayPal link in a RR. So assuming you even want to go there, if you do, maybe post the link elsewhere, like on your blog, and then only link to the blog? I'd certainly be in for a tank of gas if there were means to contribute.

In any case, love the writing
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #244
mattzilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntheavy View Post
Education: Check. Career: Check. (Or so I thought. For a multitude of reasons, and the pains of Big Business, I found myself as my own worst enemy. I refused to be a hack, and unfortunately it seems in this field, that type of behavior is handsomely rewarded.) I learned pride was more valuable to me than numbers in my bank account.

I suddenly found myself in a place I didn't want to be, doing something I wasn't proud to be doing for a profession...

Personal life was in a hell hole. Work had went to shit. Empty promises of change were getting old, and enough was enough...
My feelings exactly! Subscribed! As a fellow BMW STEP graduate (2006 Maryland) and current dealer inmate......I know the feeling. I'm 7 years and 3 dealers in, it's tough to give up on something that once sounded so promising. I would like to do the same, but I'm clinging to conventional life. Congrats on taking the plunge and safe travels!!
mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #245
stuntheavy'smomma
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thumb

My going out of my "comfort zone" was when you told me about your plans to do the trip and I did not try to talk you out of it and encouraged you to go live your dream. Does that count? As your mother, it was a bit difficult but I know I have to let you spread your wings and fly when you need to. Not saying I do not worry, but I do know you are intelligent, very resourceful and level headed and so I know you can handle any situation that comes along. Does that count?
stuntheavy'smomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #246
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
Yo momma, you sound just like my ma, bless you both for having the courage to support your sons decisions! YOU ROCK!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #247
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,704
Laugh +1 Gotta live your dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
Yo momma, you sound just like my ma, bless you both for having the courage to support your sons decisions! YOU ROCK!
Good for mom and dad for offering the encouragement.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #248
JNXPILOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
KLR Brake problem

I experienced a brake failure on mine awhile back. Turns out the inside of my boot was resting on the brake pedal just enough to cause the pads to just make contact with the disk. After about 20 miles I had nothing!

Ride on!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #249
Tyler
Miss Demeanor

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntheavy'smomma View Post
My going out of my "comfort zone" was when you told me about your plans to do the trip and I did not try to talk you out of it and encouraged you to go live your dream. Does that count? As your mother, it was a bit difficult but I know I have to let you spread your wings and fly when you need to. Not saying I do not worry, but I do know you are intelligent, very resourceful and level headed and so I know you can handle any situation that comes along. Does that count?
IMO, that counts! Based on what I've seen/read about your son, you have raised one helluva human being, Momma! You should be proud of him for having the strength to fulfill his dream... now is the time for him to do it... many don't and only have "I wish I would've..." later on down the road. I have a 21-yo daughter that will be flying our nest soon so I totally understand stepping aside and letting them go and the courage that it takes to let them fly on their own wings.

The world is an amazing place full of incredible things... your boy is out there experiencing it... maybe you need a little getaway for yourself too!

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #250
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
My going out of my "comfort zone" was when you told me about your plans to do the trip and I did not try to talk you out of it and encouraged you to go live your dream. Does that count?
Thankfully, my mom encouraged me when I decided to go to Japan back in 1991. And now that my own kids are growing up, I encourage them to do hard things, too.

So, now that you're here, I hope you realize that the inmates will gently try to convince you to go adventuring on a bike (assuming that you don't already). I'm currently in the process of trying to convince my wife that she'd enjoy a more active role than riding pillion.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #251
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,670
Hey mom, keep in mind we all are looking out for your kid. This website encompasses the whole world, and there are a lot of us. If he needs anything, 5 people will be jumping in/on their cars/motorcycles to race to help.!

Quote:
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #252
TommyPa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Awesome

Great RR. Really enjoying it. Recently purchased a new 990r and haven't rode my street glide (aka: pirate ship i believe you call it, well one quick lap around town to make sure it still ran). Dirt is new to me but have been easing into it and loving every minute of it. Good luck and looking forward to your next update.
TommyPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #253
Tyler
Miss Demeanor

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hey mom, keep in mind we all are looking out for your kid. This website encompasses the whole world, and there are a lot of us. If he needs anything, 5 people will be jumping in/on their cars/motorcycles to race to help.!
True dat... amazing the community of riders and what a perfect stranger will do to help someone they've never met... your boy is being looked after by a lot of those types of people... friends he just hasn't met yet.

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #254
Edmond Dantès
The Kanto Pain

Oddometer: 579
How you doing with the stock seat on the BRP? I couldn't ride mine for more than 30 mins at a time with feeling like I was dental flossing my ass!
Edmond Dantès is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #255
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPa View Post
Great RR. Really enjoying it. Recently purchased a new 990r and haven't rode my street glide (aka: pirate ship i believe you call it, well one quick lap around town to make sure it still ran). Dirt is new to me but have been easing into it and loving every minute of it. Good luck and looking forward to your next update.
Holy Hell! You sure picked a crazy bike to start your dirt career on! Awesome!

droided it

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote