Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
Horsehead OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Not really a ride report for me, as I was in the car, but saw this on the highway yesterday and had to post it somewhere! Not quite ATGATT...

Jogging shorts and chuck taylors... Surprised he wasn't wearing flip flops!
Horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
ENJOYED your RR. I've got family in pleasant garden...i was raised in chatham county nc (bennett). I had a 1200 bandit like yours...love it so much, i bought the 1250. loveD it too but sold it and bought a goldwing for the wife... which has been replaced with a miata and a weestrom. i camped last july at gettysburg and it is a moving experience. after touring it in a bus, i realized just how ignorant i am about my heritage. there is just too much to say about that place! ORB?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
Horsehead OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thanks! I'm reading Killer Angels right now and it's hard for me.... The closer I get to the story the more I wish that somehow it would end differently, but I know that just can't be.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does ORB mean?
Horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #19
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
ORB is a ghost :) too funny...i camped at a park east of gburg where the old iron furnace is. it is a very nice campground! rode/walked to all the 'haunted' places...sat for very long times just meditating, watching, listening. Nothing! so 20 days later, i'm riding back through from new england and camp in the same campground. waking up at 0400, i took a stroll to the showers and coming back, there was this flashlight 'bouncing' along 100 yds ahead of me. i assumed it was a camper. not until i was a couple hours down the road did i realize that i was the only camper there! the camp host was in a $200k motor coach with a full hook up...probably not him going for a 0415 pee break. coming home and researching this place, i found this furnace was the site of a big battle and the ridge line where i saw the ORB was a strategic point.