Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #136
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I'm interested in these jeans, but I'm a pudgy, stumpy guy - 29" inseam actual and the tape measure says just shy of 45" where my jeans normally ride. My most-worn pair of jeans is an old set of "Relaxed Fit" Canyon River Blues labeled 38x30, but the inside of the jeans' waist actually measures closer to 44 on the tape measure (???!!!).

So I'd be needing a 44x30 actual measurement, I think. Now is the inseam on these jeans a true length, or is there extra added to account for the riding position? Is 32" really 32" or is it more like 34"?

These jeans sound like exactly what I'm looking for but I think I might need to wait for an update with 30" inseam available, and the extra belt loops, if changes are coming.
The Blue Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #137
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
+1

Btw: could you describe here how to "measure the favorite jeans" to find out the correct size? My jeans vary a bit in size (I buy the same size but the fit varies from "relaxed" to "tight like in the 60s").
Here's a good reference:
www.selfedge.com/_measurements.php

Grab your favorite pair of jeans and use the above to figure out your waist measurement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
Endorsement to the above, although I must say I have gotten used to the low rise waist. I've been wearing them about 2 days a week to work. The other days I wear regular jeans under my Motoports. I also usually wear the Lean Angles on the hottest days. Once or twice it has gotten in the lower 90's here and these are not that hot for the protection they provide.

I really enjoy how comfortable these jeans feel here at work (wearing them now). I work behind a desk and leave the knee pads in. They don't bother me at all and as a matter of fact save me the other day when I banged my kneed on the edge of the desk :)

I do plan on getting another pair, just waiting on seeing what changes are coming.
Glad to hear you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Rider View Post
I'm interested in these jeans, but I'm a pudgy, stumpy guy - 29" inseam actual and the tape measure says just shy of 45" where my jeans normally ride. My most-worn pair of jeans is an old set of "Relaxed Fit" Canyon River Blues labeled 38x30, but the inside of the jeans' waist actually measures closer to 44 on the tape measure (???!!!).

So I'd be needing a 44x30 actual measurement, I think. Now is the inseam on these jeans a true length, or is there extra added to account for the riding position? Is 32" really 32" or is it more like 34"?

These jeans sound like exactly what I'm looking for but I think I might need to wait for an update with 30" inseam available, and the extra belt loops, if changes are coming.
Inseam is true length, so a 32 is a 32 and so on, if you wear boots, the extra 2 inches should be fine.

If you use the waist measurement above, you will be able to calculate the proper waist size, once you do we can help you out with a proper fit.

Domiken screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 09:03 AM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #138
cug

Oddometer: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Here's a good reference:
www.selfedge.com/measurements.php

Grab your favorite pair of jeans and use the above to figure out your waist measurement.
"The requested URL /measurements.php was not found on this server."
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #139
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
"The requested URL /measurements.php was not found on this server."
Apologies, left out a character:

http://www.selfedge.com/_measurements.php
Old 07-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #140
cug

Oddometer: 4,182
Thanks.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #141
strikerjb007
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Awesome jeans!

I joined this site recently after the Lean Angle Jeans came up on the search for new gear. I have been looking for riding jeans for a very long time and I never bought a pair because they just looked weird. I typically ride in leathers and sometimes overpants.

I have jeans that are low rise so low rise is not a problem. I do agree with others, a regular fit should be an option in the future. I have used the jeans for a week and a half now and I must say that I love them. At first, they felt weird but after an hour on the bike, I felt fine. I even picked up my bike from the shop the other day. My mechanic didn't even notice that I was wearing protective gear. I also got compliments from my girlfriend. Removing the armor can can a bit difficult at times but I don't think it's anything a visit to the restroom can't fix..

Other than that, I worn them on a few 85-90 degree weather and they felt comfortable while moving. Once I stopped and walked around, it was definitely cooler than my leathers and probably as hot as wearing regular jeans at those temperatures. Maybe it was better since you have the other fabric touching your skin as opposed to denim.

They are true to size. I wear 30x30 and I ordered 30x32. If you wear your jeans loose, then order a size higher. I really like the fact that they do stretch in key areas. They are heavier than regular jeans but that is expected and not a big deal.

Would I wear these jeans to work daily? Probably but I don't ride daily. For me, it will serve as my hang out gear. Many times, I am riding and people want to meet up at a restaurant or bar(I don't drink and ride but I still meet) and I hate to show up looking like I have 2 pairs of pants or looking like a power ranger.

Great customer service and great product. I highly recommend them.

PS: if there are changes in the future, I will probably get another pair. I really like them.
strikerjb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #142
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Still holding out for black.
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #143
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Quote:

Inseam is true length, so a 32 is a 32 and so on, if you wear boots, the extra 2 inches should be fine.

If you use the waist measurement above, you will be able to calculate the proper waist size, once you do we can help you out with a proper fit.
Yes I wear Alpinestars SMX-5s, usually boot over jeans, then 1-piece over jeans and boots. Of course with suit off (like at work), the jeans come out of the boots.

I measured my comfy jeans using the above method and came up with a waist value of 42 (2x 21). Also, the length of the inner leg seam of the jeans, from center of the crotch to the end of the cuff, is 28" (I don't know if that's helpful.)

So would 42x32 be the recommended size to order? I have a Klim jacket coming in Friday and I'd like to test these in combination, it sounds like exactly what I need.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #144
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes I wear Alpinestars SMX-5s, usually boot over jeans, then 1-piece over jeans and boots. Of course with suit off (like at work), the jeans come out of the boots.

I measured my comfy jeans using the above method and came up with a waist value of 42 (2x 21). Also, the length of the inner leg seam of the jeans, from center of the crotch to the end of the cuff, is 28" (I don't know if that's helpful.)

So would 42x32 be the recommended size to order? I have a Klim jacket coming in Friday and I'd like to test these in combination, it sounds like exactly what I need.
Yes, I would recommend the 42x32.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #145
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Quote:
Cool - order placed just now!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #146
CreatureCore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
I dont suppose you have an inventory over in manhattan do you? I see the website has the company address in FL but your location is in manhattan. Be cool to see the pants in person if possible.
CreatureCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #147
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Cool - order placed just now!
Thanks, You will get them very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureCore View Post
I dont suppose you have an inventory over in manhattan do you? I see the website has the company address in FL but your location is in manhattan. Be cool to see the pants in person if possible.
We do not, I have a small number with me, ill shoot you and PM and see if we can work something out.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #148
Majabine
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Fit Question

I am really interested in these jeans. How does the fit compare to Levi 501 jeans?
Majabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #149
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks, You will get them very soon
Got 'em. They are a fabulous product - surprisingly soft and comfy! - except, unsurprisingly, the 32" are about 2-3" too long. I really do have stumpy legs (and I wasn't kidding about the 28" inseam on my regular jeans!). So, I'll be returning them shortly and keeping an eye out for availability of 42x30.

We, the inseam-challenged really are out there. I know of at least one other person looking at these who would buy a pair if there was 30" leg available. So, there's two guaranteed sales!

The Blue Rider screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 02:54 PM
Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #150
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Got 'em. They are a fabulous product - surprisingly soft and comfy! - except, unsurprisingly, the 32" are about 2-3" too long. I really do have stumpy legs (and I wasn't kidding about the 28" inseam on my regular jeans!). So, I'll be returning them shortly and keeping an eye out for availability of 42x30.

We, the inseam-challenged really are out there. I know of at least one other person looking at these who would buy a pair if there was 30" leg available. So, there's two guaranteed sales!
The"inseam challenged" at least have the option of hemming pants. Us longer legged folk have a tougher time with finding the pant leg stretcher :)

Try hemming???
kingby is offline   Reply With Quote