Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
As would I!
hobbit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #167
wandering fool
A Man on a Bike

Oddometer: 84
Good special might get the trigger pulled for me.
wandering fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #168
wjpjump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
just took advantage of the thanksgiving special . ordered up a pair of these mighty fine jeans
wjpjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #169
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,397
Any Idea when the 32 waist will be in stock for the dark blue?

These jeans looks great. I'd love to try them out.
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #170
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Thanksgiving Special fellas:

Domiken screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 06:08 AM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #171
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
Any Idea when the 32 waist will be in stock for the dark blue?

These jeans looks great. I'd love to try them out.
We have 32 waist in dark blue in stock at the moment. We can't seem to keep the lower waist sizes in stock, so check the website now they should be up.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #172
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
We have 32 waist in dark blue in stock at the moment. We can't seem to keep the lower waist sizes in stock, so check the website now they should be up.
Rad, thanks!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #173
deaf1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I have been trying to call the number on your first post, but i never get a answer???? Atleast a voice mail????

I am concerned with any Kevlar mix they are subject to slow degrade from water.

Right now I am looking at the Bull-It if I cant reach you

SCott
deaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #174
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf1 View Post
I have been trying to call the number on your first post, but i never get a answer???? Atleast a voice mail????

I am concerned with any Kevlar mix they are subject to slow degrade from water.

Right now I am looking at the Bull-It if I cant reach you

SCott
There is no number on my first post, but I can assure you if you call us at (954) 380-8781 you will get someone on the line or a call back within the hour, feel free to leave a voicemail as well. I've been talking to clients all day and have had no issues with our line.

DuPont's technical tests easily found online will show you that there is no "slow degrade" when exposed to water. In their tests Kevlar remained "virtually unchanged" after exposure to hot water for more than 200 days. If exposed to strong acids or bases (like bleach) it will degrade. The directions clearly state no bleach when laundering.

We are here to answer any questions.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #175
deaf1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
There is no number on my first post, but I can assure you if you call us at (954) 380-8781 you will get someone on the line or a call back within the hour, feel free to leave a voicemail as well. I've been talking to clients all day and have had no issues with our line.

DuPont's technical tests easily found online will show you that there is no "slow degrade" when exposed to water. In their tests Kevlar remained "virtually unchanged" after exposure to hot water for more than 200 days. If exposed to strong acids or bases (like bleach) it will degrade. The directions clearly state no bleach when laundering.

We are here to answer any questions.
Weird, that is the number I got from your website.

What my concern about Kevlar is not being submerged, it's the wet / dry cycle of washing and rain etc. My first pair were draggin jeans, and they even told me that they do lose effectiveness over time.

How do yours compare to bull-it ? I plan on ordering 4 pair of one or the other over the weekend....

Scott
deaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #176
Pawlie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Just got in on the thanksgiving special!

Looking forward to receiving these jeans.

Pawlie
Pawlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #177
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf1
Weird, that is the number I got from your website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf1

What my concern about Kevlar is not being submerged, it's the wet / dry cycle of washing and rain etc. My first pair were draggin jeans, and they even told me that they do lose effectiveness over time.

How do yours compare to bull-it ? I plan on ordering 4 pair of one or the other over the weekend....

Scott

We did not receive a missed call or message.

The wet/dry cycle is fine after laundering with the proper products, there are multiple studies found through DuPont's website illustrating what you posted is incorrect, no matter what anyone else has told you.

The comparison would be up to the consumer (you).

The sole purpose of this vendor thread is to illustrate our product, not a compare/contrast our products to the competition. There are other threads on this board where this has been discussed, feel free to check those out and come up with an educated decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawlie View Post
Just got in on the thanksgiving special!

Looking forward to receiving these jeans.

Pawlie

Thanks Pawlie, and to everyone else who took advantage of the Thanksgiving special!

Same special applies for today - Cyber Monday using code RIDESAFE at checkout.

Domiken screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 08:27 AM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #178
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

I received my new jeans yesterday and so far am pretty happy with them. The fit was spot on and they are comfortable to wear. I typically wear a 31x32 so usually settle for 32x32. I ordered the 32x34 for riding and think I am going to like the longer length.

After trying them on I sent them through the wash and did a partial machine dry. They shrunk just a little and I still have room for some long johns.

I'll second the belt loop comments, though. I wouldn't mind a couple extra. Or at least space the front two a little farther apart. The pockets are a lot wider than I've seen and maybe that is why the front loops are closer together?

Unfortunately I won't likely get out on the bike with these for a while. It's 10 degrees out. So far so good, though. Thanks to Lean Angle for making a great product.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #179
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
I received my new jeans yesterday and so far am pretty happy with them. The fit was spot on and they are comfortable to wear. I typically wear a 31x32 so usually settle for 32x32. I ordered the 32x34 for riding and think I am going to like the longer length.

After trying them on I sent them through the wash and did a partial machine dry. They shrunk just a little and I still have room for some long johns.

I'll second the belt loop comments, though. I wouldn't mind a couple extra. Or at least space the front two a little farther apart. The pockets are a lot wider than I've seen and maybe that is why the front loops are closer together?

Unfortunately I won't likely get out on the bike with these for a while. It's 10 degrees out. So far so good, though. Thanks to Lean Angle for making a great product.
Glad you like them and thanks for your review!

Hope the winter passes quickly, I can't wait to get back on the track and the street riding is not as enjoyable now.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #180
hobbit123
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I took advantage of the Thanksgiving special and have now had a chance to try them on. I usually wear a loose fit 36x30 jean (so maybe more like a 38x30 regular cut) and was initially concerned with 32" being the shortest length. I ordered a 38x32 pair and the length works perfectly fine with riding boots on. The pants feel comfortable and the bit of elasticity (2% spandex) in the jeans make the straight leg fit doable for me, otherwise it would probably be too tight in the thigh and waist.

I was looking for a casual pant option to use when meeting up with friends. While aesthetically I would prefer a looser fit jean that would make the body armor less noticeable, it would ruin the protective aspect as the armor would likely shift in a get off.

I'd love the ability to remove the armor when I'm not on the bike, but taking the jeans off to do so isn't a reasonable option for me, so I'll just leave them in. A great advancement from the manufacturer (in my opinion) would be a zipper that runs along the seem near the knee to be able to remove the knee armor (i.e. the rukka armas pants ... http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/rukka-armas-pants/ ), assuming it wouldn't ruin how the jeans would hold up in a wreck.

Hope this review is helpful. I won't get a chance to ride with them until the weather warms, but I'm happy to answer any questions in the interim.
hobbit123 is offline   Reply With Quote