Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #106
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetman View Post
There's only one CE level for knee armor, isn't there? I thought level 2 was only for back armor. That said, I do wish more companies would wrap around the knee like BMW's NP stuff.

I ordered a pair of the jeans also; can't wait to check them out. Low rise is okay; that's been the hip style for a while, so it'll blend in well.
EN 13595-2 Level 2 is for the protective liner in the jeans, not the armor.

Let us know your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Got my replacement jeans today and . . .

THEY FIT!!

Here's my fitting advice: If you wear a "Relaxed" or "Loose" fit jean, go a size up in the waist. If you wear 501's, get the same size. I wear a 36 x 34 Levi's 559 and this pair of Lean Angle Jeans fits great.

What's funky is this: I originally ordered a pair of 36 x 34 jeans. Kevin said that, due to a mix up somewhere along the line, I would receive jeans with a 34 x 34 tag, but they would be sized like my 36 x 34. Nope. Thanks to Kevin's awesome customer service, four business days later, I have a replacement pair. The tag in these says 36 x 34 and, for me, that's what size they are.

Can't wait to get out and ride in these jeans!
Glad to hear you like them, thanks for the feedback on the fit, great to know!

Our website is now up and running, check it out:
www.leananglejeans.com
Old 06-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #107
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,093
Considering the $259 price tag, can you explain why you're making them in Pakistan rather than the USA? Draggin Jeans are made stateside and even with the optional armor are $100 less. I know your jeans have a more complex design, but the price is quite a bit higher as well.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #108
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Considering the $259 price tag, can you explain why you're making them in Pakistan rather than the USA? Draggin Jeans are made stateside and even with the optional armor are $100 less. I know your jeans have a more complex design, but the price is quite a bit higher as well.
As you may know from following the thread, my father has been in the garment industry for over 40 years, and has personal contacts all over the world, the best contact we had for this product just happens to be in Pakistan.

If you are referring to the company in the US, their product is not the same as ours. For example, they sell an inner liner for $160, then you have to add denim, knee and hip armor in addition to that. So, I would say we are selling at a great price, and it's all in one package.

Feel free to visit our website, you will see how different our materials, technology, fit, comfort, and style is compared to the competition.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #109
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,988
I wear 36X34 normal (not relaxed) Levis and tried on the Lean Angle Jeans today and went for a ride.

The waist is slightly looser than the Levis (might be the stretchiness) and the crotch and thighs may be tight on the overweight. I'm a 6'3"/203lbs old fart and they fit pretty darn good.

Fit/finish good. I'm a huge fan of Forcefield and the armor pockets are well shaped.

Comfy on the bike. Temps were in the mid 80's and they didn't feel hot.

I confess. I've been riding in Levis in recent months. I could definitely notice the armor in these when walking around. Wasn't unpleasant by any means, just noticeable. The jeans look like normal jeans when off the bike, which is what I wanted.

Keeping them. Good value.

Best feature is they aren't your typical baggy-assed, relaxed-fit, mom-style motorcycle jeans. So they won't fit everyone.

I say they run true to size. Because of the stretchiness, needs a belt, which I wore.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #110
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer: 328
Got mine yesterday and I'm wearing them today. I really like them. I also have the US Draggin Jeans and there are some differences.

When I'm wearing the Draggin Jeans after awhile the Kevlar in the knees starts to feel like sandpaper. With these the liner keeps that from happening. Add the knee pads and it provides an additional layer between the knees and the Kevlar. I also like the fact that the Kevlar covers the whole area of the pants where as the Draggin Jeans only cover the knees and the ass. And with the full liner in these you don't feel Kevlar at all.

I also like the fact that these really do look like regular jeans. When I wear my Draggin Jeans to work I have people ask me if those are motorcycle pants. No one has said anything like that today.

The only negative thing I guess I can say about them is the low rise cut. It is taking some getting used to. I feel like my pants are falling off and I keep trying to pull them up. Young people sure do have some strange fashions but I'm sure my old ass will get used to them. No way would I return them for that.

I also like the armor. I am sitting here at my desk and I don't even notice that I'm wearing armor. So there is no need to make a special trip to the bathroom to remove them.

I wear a 33 waist and these are a 34. To me they don't seem to be as big as a Wrangler 34. More like a 33 1/2 which is fine with me. There is also some stretch in them just in case I start to expand.

Overall I really like them. These will make my ridding experience in and around town much more enjoyable.

cakmakli screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 03:23 PM
cakmakli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #111
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Thanks for the review. How would you compare the weight to your other jeans? I have sartso jeans and they weight a ton (probably cause of the kevlar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
Got mine yesterday and I'm wearing them today. I really like them. I also have the US Draggin Jeans and there are some differences.

When I'm wearing the Draggin Jeans after awhile the Kevlar in the knees starts to feel like sandpaper. With these the liner keeps that from happening. Add the knee pads and it provides an additional layer between the knees and the Kevlar. I also like the fact that the Kevlar covers the whole area of the pants where as the Draggin Jeans only cover the knees and the ass. And with the full liner in these you don't feel Kevlar at all.

I also like the fact that these really do look like regular jeans. When I wear my Draggin Jeans to work I have people ask me if those are motorcycle pants. No one has said anything like that today.

The only negative thing I guess I can say about them is the low rise cut. It is taking some getting used to. I feel like my pants are falling off and I keep trying to pull them up. Young people sure do have some strange fashions but I'm sure my old ass will get used to them. No way would I return them for that.

I also like the armor. I am sitting here at my desk and I don't even notice that I'm wearing armor. So there is no need to make a special trip to the bathroom to remove them.

I wear a 33 waist and these are a 34. To me they don't seem to be as big as a Wrangler 34. More like a 33 1/2 which is fine with me. There is also some stretch in them just in case.

Overall I really like them. These will make my ridding experience in and around town much more enjoyable.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #112
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
Thanks for the review. How would you compare the weight to your other jeans? I have sartso jeans and they weight a ton (probably cause of the kevlar)
They weigh quite a bit more than regular jeans but about the same as the Draggin Jeans. I think the reason they weigh about the same is because despite Lean Angle Jeans having three layers, the denim is not as thick. The Lean Jeans appears to be made from denim the same as regular jeans, where as the Draggin Jeans seems to be thicker.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #113
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
After a week of wearing these to work, etc. I have a few comments.

1) They look great. Not one person has realized they are riding jeans. Even my wife had no clue, she just thought I got new jeans.

2) They are very comfortable as jeans. Without the pads in, they are more comfortable than my regular jeans. Once they're on, I don't really notice the weight either. I could easily see wearing these for the ride somewhere and then taking the pads out and wearing them around for the weekend, sticking the pads back in and riding home.

3) They are cooler to ride in that normal jeans with mesh overpants. I definitely notice the difference.

4) They need at least two more belt loops. Especially in the rear to the sides of the center loop. Take a look at how Dickies jeans do their loops. I am going to have at least two additional loops sewn in.

5) I wish the pads were easier to remove/insert with the jeans on. While you can wear the jeans all day without removing the pads, if I didn't have a desk job I would have to remove them. This is the least noticeable armor I've worn, but the pads are noticeable.

That leads me to my question. The knee pads are not the same, yet there's no indication which pad is for which knee. Kevin?

Conclusion: At this point I give them a solid 8/10. With additional belt loops they'd be an 8.5.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #114
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Quote:

That leads me to my question. The knee pads are not the same, yet there's no indication which pad is for which knee. Kevin?
I'm too lazy to go upstairs to check but I'm pretty sure my knee pads are the same. The hip pads are different.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #115
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
I'm too lazy to go upstairs to check but I'm pretty sure my knee pads are the same. The hip pads are different.
Mine are slightly different.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #116
NorADV84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Now, being a european I guess I might be out of the ballpark here, but what's the fuzz about stuff being better if made in the U.S? Should'nt the main concern be quality, quality, quality and price? These jeans looks awesome, and when I get a proper motorcycle (driving a scoot now ), I might be interested in these. Looks like the real deal!

Good luck on the business venture.
NorADV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #117
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorADV84 View Post
Now, being a european I guess I might be out of the ballpark here, but what's the fuzz about stuff being better if made in the U.S? Should'nt the main concern be quality, quality, quality and price? These jeans looks awesome, and when I get a proper motorcycle (driving a scoot now ), I might be interested in these. Looks like the real deal!

Good luck on the business venture.
Quality and price are important but American jobs would be icing on the cake.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #118
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
After a week of wearing these to work, etc. I have a few comments.

1) They look great. Not one person has realized they are riding jeans. Even my wife had no clue, she just thought I got new jeans.

2) They are very comfortable as jeans. Without the pads in, they are more comfortable than my regular jeans. Once they're on, I don't really notice the weight either. I could easily see wearing these for the ride somewhere and then taking the pads out and wearing them around for the weekend, sticking the pads back in and riding home.

3) They are cooler to ride in that normal jeans with mesh overpants. I definitely notice the difference.

4) They need at least two more belt loops. Especially in the rear to the sides of the center loop. Take a look at how Dickies jeans do their loops. I am going to have at least two additional loops sewn in.

5) I wish the pads were easier to remove/insert with the jeans on. While you can wear the jeans all day without removing the pads, if I didn't have a desk job I would have to remove them. This is the least noticeable armor I've worn, but the pads are noticeable.

Conclusion: At this point I give them a solid 8/10. With additional belt loops they'd be an 8.5.
Thanks for your review!

I will make a note of the belt loops and we will be making additional changes to our jeans in the near future to make them better, this is why I appreciate everyone's feedback so we can continue improving our product.

The knee pads are the same, there is no right or left side for installation, the way they are cut from the factory might have a slight variation in one of the petals, but if you put one on top of the other you will see there is no difference in coverage worth labeling, this is all determined by Forcefield themselves, not us. The hip pads are labeled right and left.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #119
hetman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
EN 13595-2 Level 2 is for the protective liner in the jeans, not the armor.

Let us know your thoughts!
Oh, meant that for another comment that said the armor was level 1.

Got the jeans and they look awesome! I got shipped a size smaller (30x34) than I ordered (32x34), but I'm glad since they fit me perfectly. Similar maybe to Levis 514's (slim but not painted on hipster style).

For me, the knee pocket is a little too high; luckily with the velcro on the armor and pocket, I can hang it halfway out.
hetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #120
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Just got my Jeans in the mail today. Fantastic fit. Really happy with the sizing. I am usually a 34x34, but wanted a little lenth as my pants always ride up when on the bike, so the 36 length is perfect. I also got a "mislabeled" pair 32x36 which are actually 34x36.

Just for reference I am 6'3" and 187lbs.

They are pretty heavy pants with all the layers. These are in no way just a little more protection that regular jeans. With the armour, they are a full on riding pant.

As above, the only gripe would be more belt loops (maybe even an option to zip to a jacket???)

Thanks!
kingby is offline   Reply With Quote