User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
wacoja OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Little trip in May weekend 2013 - Lubelszczyzna

I'll brag about my little moto adventure in May 2013.

Time: 1-4 May 2013.
Length of the route: 1465km
Fuel consumption: 4.4l/100km

Route:

May 1st 2013. Departure. Just over 10C and that was almost to the end of the expedition, 10 - 14C. Rain in fact passed, it rained only at nights, and sometimes drove an hour in the rain. Sometimes it was really cold, pants, fleece and lining in a jacket and still had the chills. I need to move to warmer countries.

Museum of Road in Szczucin k) Pacanów started by GDDKiA. We drove up to the gate but unfortunately it was closed. Suddenly the guard has occurred and the door were opened. I asked if I could drive in and he said with a smile, that since he has opened the gate, we are welcomed. So we walked all the exhibits (you can get in and play with everything) and got a lot of leaflets, newspapers and children's games for FREE: D Generally, the museum is available for FREE (read: taxpayers pay )
http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/pl/900/wydz...-drogownictwa/

Somewhere on the road

Castle in Sandomierz

Father Matthew Manor. Apparently there take an action a series "Father Matthew" with Arthur Żmijewski in the lead role. I can not confirm because I have not watched show or have not seen Żmijewski there either. I know one thing, in the pub at the manor is a delicious potato cake in Hungarian, in turn, Father Matthew casseroles are overrated.

Camping Browarny in Sandomierz. I encourage you to visit - the first league camp. The first unfolding of the tent.

The market in Sandomierz - Town Hall

Morning Jackdaw, evening Bison (means: Coffee at the morning, and beer named Bison at evening (it’s a known sentence from beer advertisement in Poland)

2 May 2013. Departure from Sandomierz

Arrival to Zamość

The historical gateway to the city over the moat (now without water :P)

Market in Zamość

The border crossing with Ukraine in Dorohusk

Somewhere between Dorohusk and Chelm. Average speed of 40km/h. Not all the holes were patched. Some could fit about half a wheel.

A seat of local stunters. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of Chełm.

We had to sleep on a Resort Piaseczno camp (where I called a few days earlier), but upon arrival found that we can not break down the tent because the toilets do not work, hehe, funny. Besides, there were a closed event. They wanted us to rent a cottage for 170PLN, so the sooner we hopped on a motorcycle and fled. We asked in a local store if they know anything about any rooms for rent in area. They've made some phone calls but found nothing, and when we wanted to depart the owner of the shop offered us one room in his home, bathroom and kitchen available for 50PLN, so right away we agreed. As soon as I brought the lumber from the motorcycle into the house, it started to pour. Morning was the storm of lightning, I thought that did not go away. Fortunately, we had breakfast before the weather had calmed down and left as planned.

3 May 2013. Road to Włodawa.

The historic XVII century Uniate church in Kostomłoty.

Travelers (maybe with a small "t")

The road through the woods in Włodawa. Everything out of the way was under the water, marshes and swamps.

Everywhere graves of murdered during World War II.

The border crossing with Belarus in Terespol

Neple, small village on tour with interesting monuments.

New roundabout, but where is the road?

Sanctuary of the Blessed Martyrs of Podlasie in Pratulin

"The Janów Podlaski Stud, established in 1817, the oldest state owned and operated horse stud in Poland. The breeding of purebred Arabians has been primarily responsible for Janów Podlaski's fame worldwide. Each summer Janów Podlaski Stud hosts the famous Arabian Horse Days - the Pride of Poland."
http://www.janow.arabians.pl/en/

Jeziorzany - a little flooded village

Krakow Street in Kazimierz Dolny. Access to the campsite.

Camping in Kazimierz Dolny, unloading

It is I, Leclerc!

Meerkat comes out of the hole

The two-person tent is quite tight. Panniers, topcase, clothes, shoes, helmets, and we. Well done

Kazimierz Dolny - definitely overrated. Worse than Krupówki in Zakopane. Millions of people, enormous prices - a fillet of cod and halibut, chips and salad = ........ 100PLN We were a little scared but what we could do? We couldn't run away. Could we?? At least it was delicious, not some frozen fish but fresh fish from the sea.

Wisła river in Kazimierz

The market in Kazimierz Dolny

It started to pour in the evening. It rained during the night and in the morning .... and then some ...

So something to warm up before bedtime delicious mulled wine. It worked good

4 May 2013. Departure from Kazimierz Dolny.

We drive by Puławy, Radom, Kielce, Zawiercie i Katowice to home. Sometimes it rains, but do not dress rain covers, dries out between rains. The first 70km we ride with an open topcase and did not lose anything . In 6h 45min we drive 400km with a break for breakfast in McDonalds and dinner in IKEA. An hour later we are welcomed home by longing children

Despite the rain and cold was MEGA!!!

wacoja screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 02:24 AM
wacoja is offline   Reply With Quote