User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
sonicsix OP
Ruckus Rider

Oddometer: 66
We got new riding jackets!

The wife and I ordered riding jackets and they arrived this week. The first image is me posing in the Speed and Strength Trial by Fire mesh jacket. My helmet is a Bell Revolver EVO and helmet accessories are the Sena SMH10 and a Midland XTC 200 HD video camera.

Cynthia got a pink Fly Racing Cool Pro II mesh jacket. She wouldn't pose for a pic so here is a stock photo of the jacket. Both jackets are for summer riding (we have leather jackets for cooler weather) and they have CE armor in the elbows and shoulders and pads in the back. We paid $260 total for both jackets. We'll update with a review once we've had them a while.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
AlecMyrddyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
New gear is awesome. Enjoy!

Why/how did you manage to mount the Sena to the right hand (wrong side) of your helmet? It's pretty clearly designed for installation on the left side. Curious, since it seems you would want to control it with your clutch hand. Maybe you want to fiddle with the camera more while moving for some reason?

Alec
AlecMyrddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
sonicsix OP
Ruckus Rider

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecMyrddyn View Post
New gear is awesome. Enjoy!

Why/how did you manage to mount the Sena to the right hand (wrong side) of your helmet? It's pretty clearly designed for installation on the left side. Curious, since it seems you would want to control it with your clutch hand. Maybe you want to fiddle with the camera more while moving for some reason?

Alec
The camera was mounted long before I bought the Sena and I didn't want to scrape off the camera mount. Also, I do turn the camera off and on while riding every time I ride. Neither of my bikes has a clutch (Kymco scooter and Can Am Spyder) so that is a non-issue for me. I mounted the Sena on the "wrong" side because that was the only available side but all I ever do with it is turn it on or off or adjust the volume. I only use it to talk to the wife when she is with me on the Spyder, not for my cell phone or anything like that. When I do need to adjust the Sena, I just reach over with my left hand and do it.

As for mounting, the Sena just clips on so it doesn't matter what side of the helmet it is on.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
AlecMyrddyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsix View Post
The camera was mounted long before I bought the Sena and I didn't want to scrape off the camera mount. Also, I do turn the camera off and on while riding every time I ride. Neither of my bikes has a clutch (Kymco scooter and Can Am Spyder) so that is a non-issue for me. I mounted the Sena on the "wrong" side because that was the only available side but all I ever do with it is turn it on or off or adjust the volume. I only use it to talk to the wife when she is with me on the Spyder, not for my cell phone or anything like that. When I do need to adjust the Sena, I just reach over with my left hand and do it.

As for mounting, the Sena just clips on so it doesn't matter what side of the helmet it is on.
Thanks for the explanation. I was curious, as I've never seen it done that way before.

Enjoy! I love my SMH10.
AlecMyrddyn is offline   Reply With Quote