Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #16
baddrapp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I ordered an oasis on Tuesday night and it should be delivered on Saturday. I can't wait to test it out.
baddrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #17
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddrapp View Post
I ordered an oasis on Tuesday night and it should be delivered on Saturday. I can't wait to test it out.
I am certain you will be very happy with it. Enjoy.

Kev
Old 02-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
popscycle
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 917
Went to Twisted Throttle's store in RI this weekend and came back with a trunk load of stuff. Prices were fair and service was great. That all motorcycle stores were this good/nice. They should be opening their lunch counter in the next several months, which will add to the fun of going there.

Goodbye Cruiserface, Hello Happyface!

2014 R1200GS | 2010 MX5 | BMW MOA
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #19
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by popscycle View Post
Went to Twisted Throttle's store in RI this weekend and came back with a trunk load of stuff. Prices were fair and service was great. That all motorcycle stores were this good/nice. They should be opening their lunch counter in the next several months, which will add to the fun of going there.
We'll do a "soft opening" of the (Twisted) Cafe next month (March 2014) and then it will be full swing in April. We also plan to be open on Sundays during the riding season so you can ride here and get a cup of joe and do some bench racin'

Kev
Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
DakarGuy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsnxj View Post
I am considering the same jacket but am confused by the euro sizing. I am 6'3" , 210 lbs, and 34" waist, was wondering if you could give me some perspective as to the sizing before purchasing. Thanks
For some reason I never got notified of your post. Anyway, I'm 6'4", 205lbs with a 35" waist. I had the XXL, which was too big. The XL is a perfect fit. Enough space to get something warm underneath, and not too big with just the outer. It is quite adjustable with the straps on the sides.
You will love this jacket. Quality. Functionality. Style. All 10 out of 10 IMO.

And Twisted Throttle is fantastic to deal with.

Like to see some pics when you have the jacket.
DakarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #21
wtsnxj
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Oasis Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarGuy View Post
For some reason I never got notified of your post. Anyway, I'm 6'4", 205lbs with a 35" waist. I had the XXL, which was too big. The XL is a perfect fit. Enough space to get something warm underneath, and not too big with just the outer. It is quite adjustable with the straps on the sides.
You will love this jacket. Quality. Functionality. Style. All 10 out of 10 IMO.

And Twisted Throttle is fantastic to deal with.

Like to see some pics when you have the jacket.

DakarGuy,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I received the jacket and thought it was a high quality piece of gear that fit well with the exception of some tightness in the arms. For this reason I am returning the jacket.

Kevin from Twisted Throttle was a great help and their customer service is first rate. I will definitely order from them in the future. By the way, the clearance deal on the jacket is excellent, I wish it would have worked out, I guess I'm too picky.

Thanks again for the help.
wtsnxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #22
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Unfortunately, so far my experience has not been as smooth. Ordered several items last week, all on back order and assured they would be in and shipped by end of week. Then received email they they would be in and shipped today. Received no further communication. Called and now told sometime in early March.....really. Are the distribution and stocking logistics that far behind customer demand.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #23
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Unfortunately, so far my experience has not been as smooth. Ordered several items last week, all on back order and assured they would be in and shipped by end of week. Then received email they they would be in and shipped today. Received no further communication. Called and now told sometime in early March.....really. Are the distribution and stocking logistics that far behind customer demand.
Normally, we are in much better shape. There has been a number of issues with the last two shipments from SW-MOTECH. The follies have resulted in two containers of product ordered in different months arriving within days of each other. The current issue has been getting the containers off of the ship and delivered to us. This winter had been exceptionally diffacult for us. Weather is a terrible excuse but it is the most accurate truth I have.

If all goes well and we take deliveries as currently promised by our shipping company we will see the first container tomorrow (Friday, Feb 21). The next container is expected on Monday. Due to the sheer volume of parts it will take until the end of next week to complete checking in all of the gear. Our goal is to receive some of the larger components like crashbars and TraX boxes immediately. Once recieved, they should go out that same day.

Trust me, we're as anxious to deliver the product to you as you are to receive it. One of the stregnths of Twisted Throttle has always been to deliver quickly. We guarantee to ship every in-stock item ordered that is received by 3:30pm est that day m-f.

Kevin