User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Hatch OP
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
Question Barkbuster mounts

Ok, so I am gathering info on the different types of mounting systems available for barkbusters.

I have cycra probends with triple tree mounts on my drz - by far my favorite.

but I have a ktm 200 that has pinch bolts on the back of the triple, so that option is out.

So that leaves a few other options.

I have the typical handlebar mount, and they suck.

they scar up my nice protaper bars, they rotate in the event of a crash, and the enduro engineering bars are straight, and I have come to really like the curve like the cycra probend.

Next option is the cycra CRM that mounts right next to the handlebar clamps. I am very curious to hear some honest hard reviews of this, as this is a big contender.

the next most popular option I have been seeing is the bonz handlebar clamp mounts. this is probably the cheapest system, as it would utilize the bars I already have.

and the final option is the whole top clamp system. Fastway F.I.T. and Highway dirtbikes makes these systems. I would love to hear reviews on both...

Fastway FIT

HDB

Some thoughts I have heard is that a whole top clamp system would make the bars too rigid, causing rider fatigue... I think that's black magic personally, but it keeps coming up.

Another thought is that in the event of a big getoff, if you break that top clamp, you ain't ridin outta the woods, whereas a CRM or other handlebar mounted type would only break the bar/mount/one side of the handlebar. Which I can attest to, because I have bent one side of my handlebar down to the tank in a crash, and still rode out...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Have you considered The Real Barkbusters? I think that the Jet line would be perfect for this bike. As you can see they are a full wrap solution.

There are two bar options:
  1. Standard 7/8" bars
  2. Tapered bars

You have a range of colors to choose from including Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, and Yellow.

You can get them from Twisted Throttle or any of our dealers.

Kevin
Old 05-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,178
My $.02 is that the center bar clamp ones are the best.
I have an old set of Fastway's on my 520 and love them.
The 640 has a Highway Dirt bike set up and that is great.

I don't think you will ever break the center bar clamp, but I do know from experience that the ones that clamp onto the handlebars will rotate in a heavy crash.

The statement about rider fatigue is BS!

Just get the Highway Dirt Bike set up and don't look back............unless you choose the mirror option!

Cheers
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Hatch OP
PAR OG

Thanks for the review dropta!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Just get the Highway Dirt Bike set up and don't look back............unless you choose the mirror option! Cheers
Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
Hatch OP
PAR OG

DON'T BUY THE FASTWAYS.
They suck ass. nothing good about em. going to try and return em and buy bonz + cycra probends.

Looks terrible

here's one to dispel the rumor that they're "licensed" by cycra

totally different bend.

this is my buddy's cycra probend + bonz setup, which is what I shoulda went with in the first place.

Hatch screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 08:44 AM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote