Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,497
The venue for Saturday's Awards presentation / BBQ was moved from the Fire Pit near the Dorm to the new shelter for Captain Kaos to do his magic with his gismos, this time an outdoor cinema for everyone to relive their days exploits of fun & not so much fun for some .

Excellent effort Wayne, love your work.

By the way, whose bloomers did you use for the screen this time.

It was also fantastic to be greeted by Mr Beer Belly Brewing Equipment himself, Domonsura with guns at the ready to dish out our "punishment"

He was also tendering the unfortunately absent Kevs69's brews as well. Thanks Wayne.

After our long day's storm chasing adventure, I'm not sure which order events happened, but "The Organiser" received his justified reward for arranging yet another great event & spread.
A special thank you to all his helpers too

'

Our "Lady Of Taxes" arrived to "spoil" the fun, handing out infringements like there was no tomorrow, which in her case could be true sometime soon. Her ever vigilant security officer was definitely on his toes .

( "Oh my goord, she's not doin' it again, is she?, I can't bear to look " )

Excitement grew as the night progressed

Only interrupted by the chance of a prize ................ "the people on the buses looked left & right ...... left & right ........eyes right this time please"

Before seriously settling into Captain Kaos's movie magic (special thanks to all contributors )

.More to come .....

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 03:18 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
GelandeRoadie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Is there a rat in the house....?

Who are you and what have you done with MB? A RR without a bakery!!

Nice job whoever you are.
GelandeRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelandeRoadie View Post
Who are you and what have you done with MB? A RR without a bakery!!Nice job whoever you are.
..................... Patience Grasshopper
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #19
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

The following videos represent perfectly the true meaning of mateship enjoyed on a Flinders Classic Adventure.

Everyone is always ready to help another in need

.......... for example making sure the camera is positioned correctly to capture all the action

This one in particular epitomizes Trev's "Flinders Ranges Classic" perfectly

........ and of course, don't forget the Shame file

It was unusual to see a female rider challenging the guys domain, but we had the pleasure this year of a very capable Flinders Classic "Newby", Miss Molly" (aka Sarah), refer Con's Sarah's Climb video above ...................... that's her on the left by the way

The last time we enjoyed the company of a female rider, GasGasBird both our "Classics" ended in pain & injury from separate accidents on the Flinders Classic III (and that's not including kipo's tea towel exploits ), although it doesn't necessarily look that way in this photo after consuming the prescribed amount of pain killing "medicine"

However an air of intrigue continued to prevail about Miss Molly, whose personality I likened to that akin to the Tiger.

Further investigation revealed she was a new member of the Ariel Club and one of the lads' best kept secrets.

We were in fact honoured by the presence of a local winemaker legend, who is rated amongst the most highly decorated, internationally renowned winemakers in the world.

Owner & winemaker of Molly Dooker Wines in McLaren Vale, South Australia, Sarah has shattered the so called "Glass Ceiling" for women.

Molly Dooker Winery is amazingly at our doorstep, but they don't advertise, relying solely on their "word of mouth" reputation from their "Wow Factor" wines. With most wines selling internationally & over the internet, only recently can their wine be found in Dan Murphy & other Australian wine merchants.

Her latest collaboration is with Dave Stewart (from the Eurythmics) and Orianthi (Michael Jackson's guitarist) and their 'Molly Dooker Circus' to create & promote the Molly Dooker 'The Greatest Wine on Earth'.

After having the pleasure of meeting Sarah & learning of her ‘famousness’, I subsequently booked a winery tour & tasting, as I knew the day would be something special.

Like her wines, her achievements have the “Wow” factor and all I can say is: I now see why my words of praise are pouring out of my mouth ......... (well! ...... in the written word actually, but who cares )

Although Sarah could not be present, we found the experience a refreshingly friendly, relaxed, generous & contagiously dedicated professional fun loving atmosphere amongst all involved at Molly Dooker.

Being around "hav'n fun'' professionals was an intoxicating (that's not referring to the alcohol by the way), emotionally uplifting experience, especially after the difficult times we've endured with Mrs MB's health.

I can't wait to share with our friends. Thank you Miss Molly.

I digress ............................................. now troops pay attention

As the Laurel & Hardy Magic Movie Show was coming to a close, people started filtering back to their digs to either call it a night or party on.

Determined to keep my momentum going I reloaded my VB tool .... err .... cool bag and ..............................

"plotted a course" to talk more I know! ... I know! .... I can't help myself, life's one big ride for me & I like to know where I'm goin'

As age started to weary them, I too headed for home, only to be side-tracked by some fabulous, loud, rejuvenating AC/DC music and so ...................................... stayed a while.

As age started to weary me as well, I went in search of the previous night's camp party people but alas, the threat of another Domonsura "early morning wake up call" was too much. By this time my tool bag was empty, so I called it a night.

Ear plugs at the ready I snuggled into "Doris" my sleeping companion for a good nights sleep.

By the way before you guys start jumping to conclusions, that's the name of my air mattress.

Doris on the other hand had other ideas and after a while all she wanted to do was go down on me.

She had obviously received a prick or two unbeknownst to me. in fact as it turned out, she had taken one in the front & one in the back

Despite my best efforts through the night .......................... by morning I was f*#ked

The thought of another big day's riding lay ahead, not to mention another night with Doris .

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 03:22 PM
Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #20
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

The final full day of my Flinders Classic VI adventure, I was determined to enjoy the fruits ....... well? ... anyway, of the famous Copley Bakery.

Last year Trev appeared determined to have lunch at Arkaroola, then ride onto Copley for afternoon tea. But after organising everyone, which he does extremely well he pulled the pin at the last minute with some lame excuse about having to prepare the nights catering. Consequently we found ourselves travelling the route anti clockwise with the bakery one of our last destinations only to find
.............................................. no pasties left.

Now that, together with Kipo's glowing endorsement for the Umberatanna Track out of Arkaroola towards Copley, we were all enthused and rode blindly off into the distance

Arek Kontrol (who unfortunately couldn't make Classic VI) summarised it brilliantly :

This year I had The Plan ................................ Copley first, passing the historic Beltana on the way of course

After the previous days storm, a few interesting moments were encountered getting out of Parachilna Gorge with KymW (K2) & DR Ozzy for company.

Enthusiasm was high for a another Copley Bakery experience, we found ourselves ahead of schedule and decided to enjoy a thorough ........ well actually a 2 minute look at Beltana ruins.

Mysteriously drawn to ........................

Sickened by the madding crowds, our taste buds were tingling and justly rewarded

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 03:26 AM
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #21
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Sated, we decided to seek out the beautiful ...

The main water supply for Leigh Creek

and enthralled by the antics of the local equivalent of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

After their show had finished, we hit the smooth and fast , winding, undulating main Copley/Arkaroola Road stopping occasionally to look for "Drop Bears" and their habitat.

Gobsmacked by how green the plains were

We headed onward to our next planned rest stop, Warren Gorge

Being conscious of the recent flash floods, we parked on high ground

This part of the trip was really uneventful ................. apart from the major road works ; the super slick smooth highway ; a pair of emus launching themselves out of the very close road side shrubbery within 5 metres in front of me and then determined to out run the TDM for what seemed like 5 kms .

Until we reached the damage from yesterday storms.

It was around this location that the shit fuel the TDM had received started having effect with blockages stopping her in her tracks every 5 kms or so.

A few minutes to settle, a shake of the tank & another few kms were covered, time & time again until we finally reached Ango & refreshments under another glorious sunset.

The evening was really quite uneventful with most participants already on their way home.

The Flinders Ranges morning glory was absolutely fabulous.

However careful attention was still needed on the road out of Blinman for remnants of the storm.

Until we actually realised, we were leaving "The Little Smoke" for "The Big Smoke" & sadness began to set in.

Until we stopped at Kipo's brother's bakery at Port Wakefield, Kipling's Bakery on the way home and Wow has that improved lately

Many thanks to everyone who assisted in making another "Classic" ............................. "The Legend" it is.

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-15-2013 at 04:07 PM
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #22
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,153

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #23
LC4nicator
Certified Wino

Oddometer: 450
Great account of what was a great Classic.......Well Done Kymbo.

and yes....my first night antics.....well...I just don't know why i do this to myself....suffice to say, Nuerofen is the first item packed on any excursion these days!........Ho Hum!
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #24
KIZ
Marty

Oddometer: 430
Thanks Kym, excellent photos. Planning to make it next year, God willing.
Marty
KIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #25
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,265
That was GREAT! Thanks for sharing it!
I kept having to remind myself that this wasn't a group of ADV FFs from around the US. Everybody and everything looked familiar to me.
Great to see that fun with dual sport bikes is truly a world wide phenomena..AND it's not just for the young bucks either!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,314
Well done again MB, it's always a pleasure to read your epic ride reports, still a bit pi$$ed off that I couldn't make it along for the Beltana/Copley ride, there's always next year.
Cheers, Sol..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #27
icebergstu
Husqvarna Tragic

Oddometer: 469
Brilliant ride report uncle Kym!

Stu

icebergstu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #28
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergstu View Post
Brilliant ride report uncle Kym! Stu
Thanks son!

Ya know things take a little longer at my age.

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 12:53 AM
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #29
PeasantFarmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Well done MB, an epic to rival the best works of Tolstoy & Milton.

Needs more bakeries however.
PeasantFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #30
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantFarmer View Post
.......... Needs more bakeries however.
Actually we stopped at Kipo's brother's bakery at Port Wakefield, Kipling's Bakery on the way home and Wow has that improved lately

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 04:02 AM