Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by petzi-baer View Post
But I talked to a dealer today as well and also mentioned a bigger tank....
Same here. Still, the range of my F800GS has never been something to complain about. I occasionally carry a quart MSR bottle of fuel and only where I think I might run out of options on the road, but I've never had to use it in four years. (Yes, I do refill it with fresh gas.)

Fred
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #32
epicxcrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Ya, the range was never an issue for me anywhere I've been on the thing.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #33
WoodWorks
House Ape

Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicxcrider View Post
Ya, the range was never an issue for me anywhere I've been on the thing.
It's a little different out in the western US. I can point to a couple of major highways within a days ride of me where the distance between gas stations exceeds my tank's range. And if I get off of the major roads, there are a few more. Nothing that can't be overcome with a couple of MSR bottles and/or a little pre-trip planning, but give me a tank with another 50 (or 100) miles, and I'd be a happy camper.

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #34
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117

supposedly this was shown in a german bike magazin. from what i read they were also talking about front and (wider) rear tanks. total capacity of 23-26 liters with a central filler like the 690 as seen on the picture. seems to be some strange mock up though, note it reads wunderlich on the fork legs.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
Old 04-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
deguoren
该出手时就出手

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post

supposedly this was shown in a german bike magazin. from what i read they were also talking about front and (wider) rear tanks. total capacity of 23-26 liters with a central filler like the 690 as seen on the picture. seems to be some strange mock up though, note it reads wunderlich on the fork legs.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
Yes just a mock up by Wunderlich, we have to wait and see....
Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once; seize them. Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream, and wear your passion. Life is short."
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Same here. Still, the range of my F800GS has never been something to complain about. I occasionally carry a quart MSR bottle of fuel and only where I think I might run out of options on the road, but I've never had to use it in four years. (Yes, I do refill it with fresh gas.)

Fred
Go to a small engine / lawn mower shop and get a quart of the non alcohol fuel they sell pre-canned. It has a good life expectancy and you never have to deal with trying to fill that little bottle. sure it cost more, but if its the right size to fit your carrying area why not. Plus until you open it they don't leak.

I been meaning to start using them for the chain saw (they sell premix also) but I just never get around to it.
I live near you, and I never had a problem with finding fuel when I need it. Besides, I came off a Buell Uly and they would not go as far as the F800 on a tank.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
rockycraig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
how much more weight?

I have not heard or seen anything on this new bike, but how much weight is gonna be added? Im trying to cut back on weight and they are gonna pack more on. probably be close to the 505 of the klr 1190r weight . please post a link if there is one. My dealer soesnt know anything about it.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #38
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycraig View Post
I have not heard or seen anything on this new bike, but how much weight is gonna be added? Im trying to cut back on weight and they are gonna pack more on. probably be close to the 505 of the klr 1190r weight . please post a link if there is one. My dealer soesnt know anything about it.
How much do you weigh ?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
rockycraig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
who cares

all I care about is the weight of a bike for pushing around the yard
Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #40
WoodWorks
House Ape

You do know that this bike only exists in the rumor stage, right rockycraig? So anything anyone here tells you about it would just be wild speculation. So pick a number. Here, I'll give you one for free: 49. That number is going to be about as accurate as any other number anyone posts here. Until BMW makes an announcement (or doesn't), the bike doesn't exist except in the fevered imaginations of some inmates here.

--Curly
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #41
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
You do know that this bike only exists in the rumor stage, right rockycraig? So anything anyone here tells you about it would just be wild speculation. So pick a number. Here, I'll give you one for free: 49. That number is going to be about as accurate as any other number anyone posts here. Until BMW makes an announcement (or doesn't), the bike doesn't exist except in the fevered imaginations of some inmates here.
But, but, the VOICES!!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #42
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
F800GS Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
It actually is confirmed. 6 months ago your post was spot on. BMW has moved from rumour to fact.

It's an August announcement down here in Oz.

There's a massive market for well thought out adv bikes. The f800gs with some minor extra accoutrements makes it the contender.

BMW IS under attack from ktm. On all fronts. The new 1190 looks to be a real competitor to the big gs. BMW would like nothing better to own the light adv market by making a more serious f800gs. It would kill the 690 stone dead.

I think a lot of decent riders are now realizing a smooth twin is better than a paint shaking single.

Larger tank, 18in rear wheel, much better forks and shock and led headlight would be my want.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #43
epicxcrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
I would buy that KTM over the big GS in a heartbeat. That thing is awesome.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #44
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
It actually is confirmed. 6 months ago your post was spot on. BMW has moved from rumour to fact.

There's a massive market for well thought out adv bikes. The f800gs with some minor extra accoutrements makes it the contender.

BMW IS under attack from ktm. On all fronts. The new 1190 looks to be a real competitor to the big gs. BMW would like nothing better to own the light adv market by making a more serious f800gs. It would kill the 690 stone dead.

I think a lot of decent riders are now realizing a smooth twin is better than a paint shaking single.

Larger tank, 18in rear wheel, much better forks and shock and led headlight would be my want.
It seems like a larger tank is certain - all the other we will see. I was told it comes standard with crash bars etc.

Also it looks like the link from the start of the thread dissappeared
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #45
WoodWorks
House Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Last time I checked, August is still in the future. Also last time I checked, facts are accompanied by proof, or at least some sort of convincing evidence. Ergo: still a rumor. But hey, if you care to unveil some heretofore unreported fact for us, I'm sure that we're all agog with anticipation.

Not saying it won't happen. Just saying that it's all still speculation, wrapped in hearsay, and covered with a heaping helping of conjecture.

--Curly
Closed Thread