User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
CTerrySGD OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Pine Barrens NJ

I want to check out some sand/dirt fire roads on the new R1200GS W. Live in Bucks County PA and have been having a blast in the past couple of weeks on pavement and some gravel roads in upper Bucks County and right across the river around Frenchtown NJ. Tomorrow the wife is out at a baby shower all day and I was thinking about heading down to the Pine Barrens in NJ to try some real fire roads with a sand/clay/dirt mixture. Itching to try some off road stuff with the new bike. No deep sand area please because I'm still running street tires at the moment.

Any ideas that are off of 70/73? Around Fort Dix but not in Fort Dix so I don't get shot :-)

Basically I'm coming from right across the river in PA closest to Trenton. 45 min road ride... Do some fire roads and then back home. I seem to remember as a kid my father taking me somewhere on the way to LBI a bunch of trails to go riding with our dirt bikes but can't remember where or even if those trails would still be around 20 years later. Maybe there is a better spot that isn't quite so far on the road?

Thanks!

Chris
CTerrySGD is offline   Reply With Quote