ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Dryfuse OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
A little humor

Enclosed is an email I sent to fellow rider on ADVrider about having to re-register as I was no longer recognized.

Ed,

Larry here, ran into a snag on Advrider and had to re register.

The process was irritating at best. Name the world speed record holder model of Motor Home, like I would know or even care?, Wrong.......... re-resister, your answer is wrong. I said Winnebago, thought a good guess. Start from scratch, fill in all the boxes again.

Who did his own stunts in the great escape?, I could think of no one else but Steve McQueen......WRONG, re-register again. Fill in all the blanks again. Lets see.........Mcqueen died at about 40, I'm 65, I feel sorry for you young guys.......who's Steve Mcqueen?, Oh he was a buddy of Malcom Smith, who is he?, oh he is the guy watching TV next to Malcom and Mert Lawill, and I think they are sitting on Shag Carpet........under 40?, what is Shag carpet?, no not shagged.the question was Steve Mcqueen, not Mike Myers.

After the third time I got what maker builds the R1?, well maybe most dual sporters would not know it was a crotch rocket Yamaha, I almost said Hodaka, again under 40, whats a Hodaka?, (combat wombat) just to see if they were paying attention, finally I'm accepted but now have no history.

I felt like a freshman around seniors, I'm not wearing a Letterman jacket, what a bunch of D---s, Almost didn't do it. I think they made me re- resister as I didn't have a catchy name and used my own originally, I'm not ashamed of it. I chose Dryfuse, was going to use Hookweiner, thats a whole nother story, but chose dryfuse.

Could not get my password, same one I always used, and they didn't like my email as they said it was already being used, do Yah think?, thats how i get my old password, LOL.

I now have a catchy name, and am allowed to view the rest of the you senior members from afar, I'm to old for this. I'm laughing now writing this, totally stupid, you would think we were accessing someones bank account on here.

I am Dryfuse,

65 years old, partially bald, not politically correct, and I don't give people the finger, in my era if you did you had to fight.......... even if you would lose and they had a wresting champion haeavy weight letter jacket .

AKA hookweiner
Dryfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
MyBigToy
n00b

Oddometer: 6
From one freshman to another, thanks for the smiles!!!

Never even thought about the worlds fastest motor home, here it is.

Only 102.7 mph go figure.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
everycredit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
The world's fastest motorhome is like the world's largest turd. Mildly interesting, but has no practical purpose.
everycredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Flashmo
Whatever...

Oddometer: 2,552
Hookweiner...that reminds me of a story...about a dude...I knew about 30 years ago.........

Flashmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,955
obladi-oblada...
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
Bud Ekins did the fence stunt in the Great Escape, and also the motorcycle stunts in another Steve McQueen movie Bullet. I purchased my first motorcycle from Bud Ekins.
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
Dryfuse OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Unotup thanks

As noted obviously I was wrong as I got a re-do.

Did Bud play in the movie?, as I don't know only that the question was who did his own stunts inferring that one of the actors did.

Not arguing mind you,........... just curious, thanks for the heads up.

Dryfuse.
Dryfuse is offline   Reply With Quote