User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,462
Laugh

buy one used! That's the ticket... one with a little warranty left. That's where you will get the most bang for your buck!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
Apparently you haven't, unless you just eat the crap the dealers feed you.

$ 750 PDE and freight
$ 250 Budds BMW admin fee (???)
You need to update your profile. It looks like you are nothing but a wantabe trolling on a BMW site. If you at least had a BMW bike I might consider your opinion! You have to pay to play. If you don't want to pay the cost to play buy a Honda! GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
Bumbobee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
I went to another dealer today, BMW Toronto, and all I got was $ 250 off, plus the people working there were extremely unfriendly, it's like as if they didn't even care if they sell a bike or not, no one even approached me on the showroom floor, I had to approach one of the vultures.

Needless to say, I bit the bullet and bought the bike today with the $ 500 off, hopefully Ill have it by the weekend, let the adventure begin!
Bumbobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Oddometer: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbobee View Post
I went to another dealer today, BMW Toronto, and all I got was $ 250 off, plus the people working there were extremely unfriendly, it's like as if they didn't even care if they sell a bike or not, no one even approached me on the showroom floor, I had to approach one of the vultures.

Needless to say, I bit the bullet and bought the bike today with the $ 500 off, hopefully Ill have it by the weekend, let the adventure begin!
Good for you!! No pic for us?

The dollars have just begun to float from your wallet...
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
Bumbobee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Good for you!! No pic for us?

The dollars have just begun to float from your wallet...
Ill take pics of when I get it into my garage! :) It looks sexy, but not as good as my old bike which I miss already :P
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Oddometer: 2,390
Quote:
Ill take pics of when I get it into my garage! :) It looks sexy, but not as good as my old bike which I miss already :P
Just wait until you ride it. What color?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #22
Bumbobee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Just wait until you ride it. What color?
The olive one! Got the low seat too for free, feet aren't exactly flat but feel nicely planted.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Congrats you will not be sorry great bike.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #24
Pangia
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Thumb Congrats on the Kalamata!!

Quote:
The olive one! Got the low seat too for free, feet aren't exactly flat but feel nicely planted.
Congrats on your new F800!

I am an F800 newbie too - picked one up the end of last year - and am happy I did. I ride at least 50% off road and came from an enduro that I was trying to make into an ADV bike. The F800 is proving to be a great ADV bike for me.

Post some pics!
Pangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
You need to update your profile. It looks like you are nothing but a wantabe trolling on a BMW site. If you at least had a BMW bike I might consider your opinion! You have to pay to play. If you don't want to pay the cost to play buy a Honda! GH
Who's the troll? fish on
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #26
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 681
Quote:

Nice work, at least you tried. Now go get it dirty
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #27
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Quote:
Here is the pricing I got from the dealer for a new 2013 F800GS.

$ 13,450 base
$ 600 safety package
$ 355 comfort package
$ 750 PDE and freight
$ 250 Budds BMW admin fee (???)
$ 1939 sales tax (yes welcome to Canada)

Total after tax $ 17,380

I tried bargaining out a deal and all I got was $ 500 off the price, so final price out the door $ 16,880 Canadian

This includes all traction, adjustable suspension modes, and computer. He is also giving me the low seat option free of charge according to him, but I think it's free of charge regardless.

Is this a steep price? Can I iron out a better deal?

I tried asking him to throw in some of the hard case bags, or throwing in the first service free, or a jacket, but he wouldn't budge on price, I was even telling him I'm going to take out my credit card and make a deposit right now.
That's what I paid last week in Canada as well. It's spring and high season, it also a popular model and the all new 2013 model so flexibility on price is not there compared to a 2012 that may have been on the show room floor all winter.

Also my dealer said the same thing about the oil changes as they tol you. It's exactly what's written in the Canadian version manual.

Cheers

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
mikemaycga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:

Congrats on the new bike. I bought my 800GS last year (2012) and absolutely love the bike. Put 25,000 km on so far with trips to Tennessee (tail of the dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway - did this 2 times), 2 weeks though the Maritimes including Cabot trail, Key West, and all over Ontario. Just getting ready for a 2 week trip to Colorado and Utah.

My dealer (Open Road/Serpa) gave a price similar to your deal. BMW deliberately constrains supply so dealers can sell every bike at near full pop.

The bike is a blast to ride. I've added some farkles that improve the experience, the best one being a Brittania Composites fairing, which makes the highway miles a lot more comfortable and puts the GPS at eye level. I've had the bike off road many times, and make no mistake about it, it's not the same as my 250cc Enduro bikes of past. In fact, it's a bit of a pig on anything steep, slick or technical. Fire roads or good condition trails are OK. Had some hairy moments on steep, narrow trails, beside mountain stream cliffs while riding solo, and the lack of maneuverability is a bit harrowing.

The bike has some minor flaws (front fork dip is silly), but the plus features outweigh the negatives. I'm on the third set of tires and can say that in spite of the 21 inch front wheel, once you get comfortable with how the bike behaves, you can keep up with all but the best riders. The chicken strips were well scrubbed on the old tires.

I use an airhawk on any rides over 3 hours, although my butt is broken in enough that it can survive 2 days of 8 hour rides, but not more. A pair of D2 lights wired into high beam gives you great night riding safety.

I'm in Etobicoke, so let me know if you want to head out for a ride and break that sweetheart in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mikemaycga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #29
Bumbobee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
Bumbobee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Wow Mike that's some serious touring. I plan on heading to the east coast in July, doing PEI and Nova Scotia. Next year summer time I want to hit the west coast, Vancouver and then south into California. I live in Mississauga, I'd definitely be down for a ride sometime, except right now I'm only sticking to pavement lol.