Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
andreweh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
A day riding is better thAn a day working

Ok it's time to start my ride report.
I decided to sell all my "things", pack my bike and take off for wherever she takes me.
Ok, Let me back up a bit. I was living pretty comfortable, I was working as a glazier putting in high end custom shower glass and whatever else to do with glass. Every week I'd go to many different types of houses but mostly million dollar homes. At first it's a great job, you get to see all sorts of neat gizmos, and gadgets people are putting in there houses. I've seen it all, drop down TVs, waterfalls, 9 hole golf courses, shooting ranges, stables under there house, secret passage ways, touch less car washes in there garages, private helicopters, and plains, million dollar rooms, and almost every collector car you can imagine. After a few years nothing really surprised me anymore.
In those years I always said when I make enough money or "win the lottery" I'm going to have that...
One day I went to a beautiful 5 million dollar home nestled back in the mountains. I've worked on this property many times, I knew the owners, they seemed like they were "living the dream". The last time I was there the wife that morning had overdosed on pills, The day before she was scheduled to take here grand daughters to Disney world. She lived, but how bad can things be? Her drive ways were heated for crying out loud. There's other story's as well but it just made me realize even when you have everything you still don't have everything. That's it for me, I sold everything, it makes me sick to think of all the crap I've wasted my money on, with the hope that one day I'd have the 5 million dollar home with the heated driveways and touch less car wash. It feels Silly to me now to having that as my end goal, there's got to be more to this life then the things you own.
So here I am, laying in my tent, somewhere on the coast of Oregon (which is so beautiful) writing a blog about my journey to Argentina or further! The goal for me isn't a destination but to find something in me, not to sure what I'm looking for but I'm confident I'll find it.

Cheers!!
andreweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
andreweh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412192759.801813.jpg
Views: 3271
Size:  169.9 KB
Old 10-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
andreweh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412192818.270055.jpg
Views: 3264
Size:  167.1 KB
Old 10-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
andreweh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412192898.310436.jpg
Views: 3251
Size:  180.5 KB
Old 10-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
andreweh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412192963.799497.jpg
Views: 3254
Size:  166.5 KB
Old 10-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 7,511
Nice start!

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
wvpc1
AKA: Bill

Oddometer: 65
I'm in for the ride. Take us South!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
RiderRick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Ill tag along if you don't mind.

"A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence" Author Unknown
RiderRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 862
Great start............
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
Lowcountry25
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Best of luck! What's the story with the upside-down starboard-side pannier?
Lowcountry25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
Roland44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcountry25 View Post
Best of luck! What's the story with the upside-down starboard-side pannier?
Yeah, that caught my eye as well. Great pictures so far OP!
Roland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
Proveick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreweh View Post
Ok it's time to start my ride report.
I decided to sell all my "things", pack my bike and take off for wherever she takes me.
Ok, Let me back up a bit. I was living pretty comfortable, I was working as a glazier putting in high end custom shower glass and whatever else to do with glass. Every week I'd go to many different types of houses but mostly million dollar homes. At first it's a great job, you get to see all sorts of neat gizmos, and gadgets people are putting in there houses. I've seen it all, drop down TVs, waterfalls, 9 hole golf courses, shooting ranges, stables under there house, secret passage ways, touch less car washes in there garages, private helicopters, and plains, million dollar rooms, and almost every collector car you can imagine. After a few years nothing really surprised me anymore.
In those years I always said when I make enough money or "win the lottery" I'm going to have that...
One day I went to a beautiful 5 million dollar home nestled back in the mountains. I've worked on this property many times, I knew the owners, they seemed like they were "living the dream". The last time I was there the wife that morning had overdosed on pills, The day before she was scheduled to take here grand daughters to Disney world. She lived, but how bad can things be? Her drive ways were heated for crying out loud. There's other story's as well but it just made me realize even when you have everything you still don't have everything. That's it for me, I sold everything, it makes me sick to think of all the crap I've wasted my money on, with the hope that one day I'd have the 5 million dollar home with the heated driveways and touch less car wash. It feels Silly to me now to having that as my end goal, there's got to be more to this life then the things you own.
So here I am, laying in my tent, somewhere on the coast of Oregon (which is so beautiful) writing a blog about my journey to Argentina or further! The goal for me isn't a destination but to find something in me, not to sure what I'm looking for but I'm confident I'll find it.

Cheers!!
No shortage of oil money in Alberta. First warm day in Spring all the supercars come out of nowhere downtown Calgary.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #13
acidman1968
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147

Bring it!!!
acidman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #14
steal6
Death have Mercy

Oddometer: 49
All the best on both your journeys...the physical and the spiritual. Take time. Enjoy the people and the places. I sense a vicarious journey about to begin. This winter will be warmer following your RR.
steal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #15
CanadaGS650
Mad fool

Oddometer: 288
Following right along, Got a side car by chance? Enjoy your journey of journeys.

Wife and i are packing right now to move to Vernon for a slower pace then Alberta..
CanadaGS650 is offline   Reply With Quote