Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #16
Sakadt OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomochila View Post
You can do anything with an XRL. Keep your imagination open and build baby build... And lowering the front end, absolutely. It makes for a good street tracker or something better. here's mine...
Wow that is awesome motomochila! I will definitely be pminh with you with question in the near future.

I have a lot of ideas and energy I want to put into my bike. My next big update will be coming this weekend as I'm hoping to have the bike complete apart and will be striping the fame. I don't have access to a sand blast and I'm trying to keep as much of the work to myself as possible. I picked up a Paint and Rust Remover 4-1/2" Disks for my angle grinder and will be working with that and my wire brush to clean the frame. That shouldn't be a problem right?
Sakadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #17
Homerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
I recently stripped my frame and used brush on paint stripper to soften the paint and then a pressure cleaner to blast the soft paint off. Got about 90% off, and get the rest off with a wire brush mounted an an angle grinder. Dont need to get frame sandblasted if you dont want to.
Homerb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!

Oddometer: 2,313
Please don't turn your XL into a street tracker, they're beautiful beasts as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post
He's the XL600 Jesus, his bike dies for our sins.
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #19
Sakadt OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus124 View Post
Please don't turn your XL into a street tracker, they're beautiful beasts as they are.
The appeal to me is just having something no one else does and while not to many people are driving around on a 1983 XL it just seems so much fun to create something new!
Sakadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #20
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!

Oddometer: 2,313
Well just make sure you have fun and burn those fart cannon kids at the stoplights, they hate that

Won twenty dollars on a bet that my co-workers new mustang would beat me from light to light, easiest money ever. I'm kinda not surprised I dropped my seat now thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post
He's the XL600 Jesus, his bike dies for our sins.
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote