ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #6781
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!
 
ballistic_ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Farmington, NM....Great Riding
Oddometer: 5,157
'03 KLX 400 for a grand...............

http://farmington.craigslist.org/mcy/2882165176.html
__________________
Enjoy life; take big bites. bigsnowdog
ballistic_ken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #6782
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 14,904
2002 KLR 650 - $2200 (Arvada)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2848654188.html

'02 KLR650 runs great. 44k miles mostly pavement. the price is firm. if it was riding season I'd ask more.
I'm selling it because I bought a new KLR.


__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #6783
barko1
barko1
 
barko1's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Las Cruces, NM or thereabouts
Oddometer: 3,060
[QUOTE=Blakebird;18132337]http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2848654188.html

'02 KLR650 runs great. 44k miles mostly pavement. the price is firm. if it was riding season I'd ask more.
I'm selling it because I bought a new KLR.

OTE]

Seems pretty high for a worn out KLR, what would you say it is worth?
__________________
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000,, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, 1965 Bridgestone 90!
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #6784
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic_ken View Post
'03 KLX 400 for a grand...............

http://farmington.craigslist.org/mcy/2882165176.html
If he called it a DRz, probably would sell for twice that.
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #6785
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,513
Really nice DRZ for sale. ADV discount.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/2884191704.html
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #6786
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Really nice DRZ for sale. ADV discount.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/2884191704.html


Nice

I couldn't make out the tool tube on my phone, but I'd like to learn more about that.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #6787
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Nice

I couldn't make out the tool tube on my phone, but I'd like to learn more about that.
Oops, don't bother straining your eyes.

The tool tube was removed for the pictures. It needs a fresh coat of paint. It's basically the 4" PVC tube with expanding cap that many folks mount on their KLRs.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6788
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Oops, don't bother straining your eyes.

The tool tube was removed for the pictures. It needs a fresh coat of paint. It's basically the 4" PVC tube with expanding cap that many folks mount on their KLRs.
But do you mount it to the ProMoto Billet rack?
That's what intrigued me.

edit: I couldnt get your picture links to work on my phone or my regular computer, FYI
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA

TheDudeAbides screwed with this post 03-04-2012 at 11:44 AM
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #6789
ironbrewer
Hopefully Riding
 
ironbrewer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Broomfield, CO
Oddometer: 4,001
[QUOTE=barko1;18132536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2848654188.html

'02 KLR650 runs great. 44k miles mostly pavement. the price is firm. if it was riding season I'd ask more.
I'm selling it because I bought a new KLR.
OTE]

Seems pretty high for a worn out KLR, what would you say it is worth?

He's high. It doesn't even have lever guards or a usable skidplate.

Maybe $1500

I paid $2000 for mine with 16,000 miles on it.
__________________
"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."


Pat Paulsen
ironbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #6790
barko1
barko1
 
barko1's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Las Cruces, NM or thereabouts
Oddometer: 3,060
Ebay not Craigs but in NM, Triumph/BSA Rickman
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rickm...item1e6bdcc015
__________________
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000,, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, 1965 Bridgestone 90!
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #6791
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
But do you mount it to the ProMoto Billet rack?
That's what intrigued me.

edit: I couldnt get your picture links to work on my phone or my regular computer, FYI
Craigslist didn't seem to like putting in hyperlinks. I think you need to cut & paste the line into your browser to see the pictures.

Yes, here's a picture with the tube mounted. I did some brackets to bolt to the motobillet rack. The top of the tube is even with the top of the rack, so that the rack is clear for carrying a chain saw.

__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #6792
thatdirtykid
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: fresh relocated in longmont
Oddometer: 168
just found this one (not mine), would be a decent deal if the add is accurate.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2885848891.html
__________________
On the grocery getter buell s3t.
thatdirtykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #6793
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 14,904
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2886714428.html

2004 KTM 450 EXC in great shape. Oil and filter has been changed every 12 hours of riding time.

Scotts steering damper
Scotts shark fin protector rear brake rotor protector
Bark busters
New KTM rear sprocket
OEM trip computer
New plastic
New rear tire - front tire has 3 rides on it
Street legal/plated
Front and rear Suspension has been revalved
Progressive rear shock spring







Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
just found this one (not mine), would be a decent deal if the add is accurate.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2885848891.html
the 520 SX is a four speed, kick start bike, though adding 5th and 6th is not tough to do.
__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #6794
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 14,904
1975 KAWASAKI H1 500 TRIPLE - $3250 (Lakewood)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2886547044.html

I have a 1975 kawasaki H1 500 triple for sale. This bike does not have a title and will be sold with a bill of sale. I am willing to accept a reasonable offer but if you are reading this add you know what you are looking at, and the value, so ridiculous lowball offers will be ignored. Everything on this bike is in great shape. This bike is currently not running as the electrical in the headlight bucket needs sorted out. The motor is free and has loads of compression. The paint is new, the chrome is in good condition. The seat is very nice. The plastic spark plug holder is still under the seat! There are a few things missing as follows; turn signals, rear grab bar and stock airbox the rest of the bike is complete. The shocks are brand new. The gauges are really nice and the mileage is just over 14k. The carbs are free, not stuck as most are. Bike static shifts through all gears. This is a great bike that won't take much to get going and there is room to make money when you finish. Don't miss out on this 2 stroke rocket! Please contact me through the add and leave your contact name and phone number. Emails without phone numbers will be ignored. Thanks and have a great day.

__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #6795
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer
 
Lomax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Westminster Colorado
Oddometer: 8,350
An H1 would be way cool, But not running and no title I would say he has a very nicely painted parts bike on his hands.

Marc
__________________
06 KTM 450EXC, 84 R100RS LE, 89 XL600V, 2012 Stelvio, 2013 V7R, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/?sc=3
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014