ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #8026
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,498
PW 50 in Steamboat

http://rockies.craigslist.org/mcy/3370787197.html

Not me..
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #8027
skortch
mmm... curvy

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Now if I wanted a street bike, that would be the one. For that price, how can you go wrong.
For that price, I would get it just for the wonderful soundtrack it emits; gear driven cams, great V-4 rumble. I had a '91; great bike, a bit heavy for my tastes but makes a great sport-tourer.

Hmmm... tempting, but gotta wonder about repairs if it's not running. Might be the R/R, might not, bit of a gamble.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #8028
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,961
Paging Duke to the red phone.

1976 Dodge Full Custom Show Van, Bed, Bar, Love Seats, Light Show.LOOK - $5000

I have a one of a kind full custom show van that I was told was built for the famous musician Bootsy Collins. The van is called Bay Strip with a mural of the SF Bay Area Skyline on one side with the bay bridge, city scape sfo, etc.. and the other side is done with a mural of old Las Vegas MGM, Sands, etc.. With the rat pack Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin and other famous iconic landmarks when this van was built in 1976. This van has been fully customized with a bed in the rear, a hidden safe, Lake pipe side exhaust, full custom body mods with rear fins frenched tail lights, spar tire cover, custom grill, hood scoop, refrigerator custom air brushed, love tunnel, mirrored ceiling, love seats, a full bar with dispenser and sink, matching glasses custom to the van, swivel captain chairs, curtains, sunroof, light show, CB radio, stereo with eq top of the line for 1976, shag carpet through out with crushed velour interior, matching lighter and ashtray custom made for van, swivel stand for TV but TV is no longer available. This van does run and drive and is on current non op, the clear coat is peeling, it needs a good cleaning, it needs fuses and to be looked at to get all the electronics to work again. Basically you can either restore it to its former glory or do some maintenance to it, register it and be the talk of the town. I guarantee you will never ever find an old school custom van like this one on the planet built for a celebrity musician from new. The amount of money spent on this van back in 1976 must equate to $100k in today's money. This van has recently been used as a display for the SF art exhibition and for a famous rock video. The van in being stored at our music studio and is ready for a new home. The price is $5,000 or interesting trade. 510-299-303one
Old 10-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #8029
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
Paging Duke to the red phone.

1976 Dodge Full Custom Show Van, Bed, Bar, Love Seats, Light Show.LOOK - $5000

I have a one of a kind full custom show van that I was told was built for the famous musician Bootsy Collins. The van is called Bay Strip with a mural of the SF Bay Area Skyline on one side with the bay bridge, city scape sfo, etc.. and the other side is done with a mural of old Las Vegas MGM, Sands, etc.. With the rat pack Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin and other famous iconic landmarks when this van was built in 1976. This van has been fully customized with a bed in the rear, a hidden safe, Lake pipe side exhaust, full custom body mods with rear fins frenched tail lights, spar tire cover, custom grill, hood scoop, refrigerator custom air brushed, love tunnel, mirrored ceiling, love seats, a full bar with dispenser and sink, matching glasses custom to the van, swivel captain chairs, curtains, sunroof, light show, CB radio, stereo with eq top of the line for 1976, shag carpet through out with crushed velour interior, matching lighter and ashtray custom made for van, swivel stand for TV but TV is no longer available. This van does run and drive and is on current non op, the clear coat is peeling, it needs a good cleaning, it needs fuses and to be looked at to get all the electronics to work again. Basically you can either restore it to its former glory or do some maintenance to it, register it and be the talk of the town. I guarantee you will never ever find an old school custom van like this one on the planet built for a celebrity musician from new. The amount of money spent on this van back in 1976 must equate to $100k in today's money. This van has recently been used as a display for the SF art exhibition and for a famous rock video. The van in being stored at our music studio and is ready for a new home. The price is $5,000 or interesting trade. 510-299-303one
No. Period.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #8030
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Not mine.

Looks like a good deal on an aluminum bike carrier

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3358857339.html

dirt bike carrier, alum - $80 (denver)

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #8031
PPCLI-Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Damn i live in Canada and it would eat up all the saving having it sent here. My steel one weighs a ton BUT it holds my DR 650 no issues

http://www.youtube.com/user/spudhead/videos?view=0 my youtube channel
PPCLI-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #8032
29andSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Not mine.

Looks like a good deal on an aluminum bike carrier

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3358857339.html

dirt bike carrier, alum - $80 (denver)
That looks like the one from harbor freight. if so I can't recommend it. very flexy and feels "cheap"
29andSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #8033
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29andSingle View Post
That looks like the one from harbor freight. if so I can't recommend it. very flexy and feels "cheap"
That is the HF one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-...ier-99721.html

They are functional, but not great. I find it a bit tough to get my XR400 on/off easily by myself since the wheels drop down into the slots. OK for occasional use(which is all mine gets used for), but if you use it regularly a better one might be wise. When they first came out a couple years ago they were on sale for $80, current sale price is $110.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #8034
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,653
Classic 1975 Honda CB400F Super Sport - $2495 (Larkspur/Perry Park)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3378382288.html

This bike is in very good condition and completely original.
There are a few minor cosmetic issues - a dent in the front fender and some small paint chips on top of the gas tank.
It starts right up and runs well. The tires are fairly new with very little wear.
This is a great investment bike ready to be restored.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #8035
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3378382288.html

This bike is in very good condition and completely original.
There are a few minor cosmetic issues - a dent in the front fender and some small paint chips on top of the gas tank.
It starts right up and runs well. The tires are fairly new with very little wear.
This is a great investment bike ready to be restored.

Very special bike. Glad I'm too far away or I'd fall for it.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #8036
selaznog
Avoiding pavement

Oddometer: 2,797
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/3374941892.html

selaznog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #8037
29andSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post

They are functional, but not great.
That is prolly the best description. Definitely works, just better on smaller bikes.
29andSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #8038
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,653
1992 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours - $2100 (Centennial)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3317816035.html

cheap sporttouring rig, low miles for one of these too

1992 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000
26,542 Miles
Cosmetically in very nice shape, has been kept in garage the entire 12+ years that I have owned this motorcycle!
Original Hard Side Luggage bags
Factory back rest for passenger
Factory seat and windscreen
NEW front and rear Bridgestone Battlax tires
Battery is about 2 years old and in good shape
Factory exhaust
Center Stand
Black with red pinstripe
I have two ignition keys and two keys that open the side bags.
I have the Kawasaki factory Service Manual and an inexpensive cover that are included.
There are plastic covers that can be installed when the side bags are not used.

NEEDS A TUNE-UP!

$2100 CASH

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #8039
ILikeToThump
I'll Ride Anything.......

Oddometer: 710
blakebird is right. The connie for $2100 is a steal! I had one of the original ones in 1986 and bought another in 2000. I sold it to a friend and I think it has 84000 miles on it now. With new tires and the backrest I am glad I live 500 miles south or I would have already bought it!!!!!!!!!!!
"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. "
Adrian Rogers, 1931
ILikeToThump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #8040
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,961
I need a bigger garage.