ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #9001
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganshert View Post
I must have missed it when Blake bought this one.
apparently it went by so fast even I missed it
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #9002
Coloradical
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacfar View Post
2010 KTM Adventure $9,995

Only 56, five six! miles

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/3836132068.html
Quote:
My buddy Jim say's "dont look a gift horse in the mouth", thats the case on this one, great bike, great price.
I'm not sure he understands what that means.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #9003
jberg98n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R

http://roswell.craigslist.org/mcd/3839263042.html
jberg98n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #9004
mathews42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Sounds good... I imagine that includes a detour through Moab, huh?
Definitely!!!
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #9005
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

1984 Kawasaki GPz550 - $2495 (Colorado Springs)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3835235740.html

Up for sale is a 1984 Kawasaki GPz 550. I have a clear title in my name at my address.
There's nothing weird with the title, I own the bike free and clear, there are no liens and it is not a salvage title.

As you can see in the pictures, the bike looks great! The bike has 16,546 miles as of May 26th and is mostly original and complete.
The mirrors are aftermarket (I think they're aftermarket copies of the original mirrors) and so are the handgrips.
The bike has some scratches on it from being droppped at low speed on the right side.
The damage is purely cosmetic and the bike rides smoothly. There are a few very small scratches on the left engine (stator) cover.
The seat is in good condition and is not ripped/torn.

The tires are in good shape. There's still friction material left on the front brake pads, but I'd say they'll need replacing in the next 1,000 miles.
The rear brake pads are in good condition. The bike has a brand new battery.
I just changed the engine oil, filter and the brake fluid. I cleaned the carbs and they are not dirty. The air filter looks brand new.
The horn, lights and gauges and brakes work properly. I just replaced all four spark plugs with new NGKs.

As far as what the bike needs, I'd say the valve clearances should be checked and the carbs need tuning.
(I doubt the valve clearances are out by much, if at all since the bike only has 16,546 miles on it,
but I think it would be a good idea to check them anyway.) The bike seems to run lean (probably due to emissions requirements)
when it's warming up. I have a feeling a Dynojet kit would be a good idea. The bike runs smoothly once it's warmed up,
but even after it warms up the idle takes a while to come back down. I have a feeling the springs for the CV diaphragms
may be weak and in need of replacement, but I'm not 100% sure. I have not synched the carbs since I don't have the tool.

This is a solid, original bike that, with a little bit of tinkering, could be really, really nice!
Obviously, there are not many of these bikes around in any condition, let alone being this nice and original.

$2,495 cash. Thanks for looking! If you're interested, please e-mail and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #9006
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacfar View Post
2010 KTM Adventure $9,995

Only 56, five six! miles

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/3836132068.html
How is this even possible?

56 miles!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #9007
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
How is this even possible?

56 miles!
"post deleted by author" already

probably has 60 miles on it by now
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #9008
LoneRhino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
There was a great deal on a GS a while back listed out east, but posted in Denver. Not to expensive, but in the area of reality $$. I contacted the seller. Was a broker. They answered back pretty quick, but it seemed like a weird reply. Looked up the website and it looked like a legit broker website, nice site and all, but a buddy found a way to figure out where it was from... The website was listed in Russia... Listed as a suspect website.... Interesting investigation... I sent them the $13k anyhow and they are shipping the bike as of a couple of months ago... Should be here anytime! Can't wait...

AMA / NCTR.net
“Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” – Anon
LoneRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #9009
ILikeToThump
I'll Ride Anything.......

Oddometer: 703
My V-Strom Custom Seat Albuquerque

Just ride solo so no need for the "custom" seat any longer. On road only. It was mostly for my girlfriend's comfort. My skinny ass didn't care one way or the other. Well built seat though. Don't have the original box but can ship if need be.

Rick Mayer Custom Motorycle Seat for V-Strom - $275 (Far NE Heights)

I'm offering up my custom Rick Mayer saddle made for a 2011 or prior DL650 or any DL1000. It's a great saddle that is very nicely finished and executed. It's a very comfortable saddle for long all day rides. I had it built specifically for my girlfriend and she loved it.

If you're of similar measurements to me this could be a great deal for you. According to Mayer's website the seat width is determined by hip measurement diameter among other things. "Hips are the widest part of your rear end in a full circle while standing up. Think of it like your butt's equator."

When I sized myself to have this saddle built I measured with a tape measure 41" around the widest part of my hips. I weighed about 180 lbs when I had the seat built and am 5'11 with a 32" inseam. My sweetie was 5'3 and about 130lb. The passenger portion is not nearly as sculpted as the pilot portion so there is a lot of wiggle room here. It is a great flat area for her to sit on! It's a great saddle, quality construction, and it's gently broken in (it normally takes about 1000 miles to break in a saddle of this type).

All in all, it's a great touring saddle ( although I never really got into tour mode just day trips). It is very supportive of the lower leg/hips area and I can get both feet flat on the ground.

No rips, tears or abrasions and it was always garaged. You do need to use your stock rear mounting bracket to attach it to your bike. I have to use it to reattach my stock seat. It takes about 1 minute to change the bracket.

I am only selling because she won't ride with me any longer. We had a friend killed on his motorcycle and she isn't into riding with me any longer. No need for this seat as I need a new set of tires a lot more!!

This seat cost me about $450 when it was all said and done. It is in great shape and I will sell it for $275. Please check out all the pics! Cash only and please email me your phone number and I will call you back! I have a 24/7/365 job so be patient it may take me a day. Thanks for looking!
"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. "
Adrian Rogers, 1931

ILikeToThump screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 10:28 AM
ILikeToThump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #9010
ILikeToThump
I'll Ride Anything.......

Oddometer: 703
My Widder Heated Vest Albuquerque

Like new! I lost a bunch of weight so WAY too big for me now! I can ship it if need be.

Widder Heated Vest With Tall Heated Collar Size 46 like New! - $50 (Far NE Heights)

I paid almost $150 for this a few years ago and then lost about 40 pounds so this just hangs on me now. It includes the cord to connect to your battery and the on/off switch plus the vest itself. Works great! These vests will last forever. I have a friend who has one that is 30+ years old! Looks just like the one in the picture. Ride when it is COLD and laugh about it! Send me an email with your phone number and I will call you!
"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. "
Adrian Rogers, 1931
ILikeToThump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #9011
Gillus
High Desert Rat

Oddometer: 689
I know nothing

http://lascruces.en.craigslist.org/mcy/3834899471.html

Gillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #9012
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 963
2002 brp xr650r

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/3840010701.html

Not mine. Sold mine a few years ago.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #9013
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoJones View Post
There was a great deal on a GS a while back listed out east, but posted in Denver. Not to expensive, but in the area of reality $$. I contacted the seller. Was a broker. They answered back pretty quick, but it seemed like a weird reply. Looked up the website and it looked like a legit broker website, nice site and all, but a buddy found a way to figure out where it was from... The website was listed in Russia... Listed as a suspect website.... Interesting investigation... I sent them the $13k anyhow and they are shipping the bike as of a couple of months ago... Should be here anytime! Can't wait...
Damn, so you're the one who sniped me on that one.

I'm getting the usual scammer/spammers on my CL ad for the KLR. One said he was at sea and cannot make phone calls for security reasons. Sounded valid to me. He could only cut a check for $10k, so I've sent him a rebate for the difference. His "agent" will be stopping by later today. Since the buyer offered $1k over my asking price, I'm going to take him out to lunch.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #9014
meerobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Metzler Karoo Tires for big Adventure bike

Mine. Asking $260 on CL. $230 for you blokes here.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/3810963177.html

meerobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #9015
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillus View Post
I know nothing
Neither does the seller

"Its registered as an 1943 BMW but has markings of a Chang Jiang (also known as a Ural) on the case."

It's a Chang Jiang flathead, not a Ural....