ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #9376
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 22,199
That's damned nice, but the drum brake is a deal breaker for me.
I'd love to find a RD that clean (and a little cheaper).
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #9377
barko1
barko1
 
barko1's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Las Cruces, NM or thereabouts
Oddometer: 3,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
That thing is begging for some bottomless swamp to die in!
I bought 2 non runners at a garage sale and flipped them to an inmate from MT who was happy to pay a premium I think I know who might be selling that one, a retired cop, has a million older machines.
__________________
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #9378
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
That's damned nice, but the drum brake is a deal breaker for me.
I'd love to find a RD that clean (and a little cheaper).
The RD is a 6 spd to the R5's 5 spd, and the RD was a reed valve engine and the R5 piston port only....so the RD is a better bike for sure.
They're all pretty desirable if priced right. He might have that for sale for a while at $4200.
__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #9379
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 15,682
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3997417901.html

Excellant example of an older Honda dirt motorcycle.
All original, runs great, titled ( it can be licenced for street use)
Even have owners manual.






I've seen the rare enduro tripmeters go for big money by themselves...
__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #9380
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America
 
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Loveland Colorado
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpokes View Post
So was the ad correct, $450?

Yes, he was asking $450, has a title.
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #9381
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America
 
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Loveland Colorado
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
That will make a great bike to flip. Does it run?

Marc
Marc, Yes it does, likely could use a carb clean or at least some fresh gas and a pair of plugs.
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #9382
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer
 
Lomax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Westminster Colorado
Oddometer: 8,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3997417901.html

Excellant example of an older Honda dirt motorcycle.
All original, runs great, titled ( it can be licenced for street use)
Even have owners manual.



Great bikes, a set of fork gators and a cam chain and you would be ready to go.

Marc
__________________
84 R100RS LE, 2012 Stelvio, 2013 V7R, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 13 TR650
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/?sc=3
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #9383
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Great bikes, a set of fork gators and a cam chain and you would be ready to go.
I've been thinking about giving the guy a call and seeing it in person.
The 250 and 350 are the only full size XR's I haven't owned yet.
__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #9384
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 15,682
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3985299921.html

uh oh

Very nice 92 kx 500.

1992 KX 500 NICE! Priced to sell - $1200 (loveland)

Good shape, runs well , good compression , newer tires ,recent fork seals,some newer plastic/fenders rad. shrouds etc.
new pro taper style bars, FMF pipe & silencer with spark arrestor.

Great bike for the money, if you have ever wanted to own a 500 two stroke now is the time to get a good one for a good price!
price is firm!








__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present

Blakebird screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 11:17 PM Reason: .
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #9385
jimco
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: colorado
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Denis Eton-Hogg View Post
Marc, Yes it does, likely could use a carb clean or at least some fresh gas and a pair of plugs.
Want to sell it?

Jim
jimco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #9386
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America
 
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Loveland Colorado
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3985299921.html

uh oh

Very nice 92 kx 500.

1992 KX 500 NICE! Priced to sell - $1200 (loveland)

Good shape, runs well , good compression , newer tires ,recent fork seals,some newer plastic/fenders rad. shrouds etc.
new pro taper style bars, FMF pipe & silencer with spark arrestor.

Great bike for the money, if you have ever wanted to own a 500 two stroke now is the time to get a good one for a good price!
price is firm!







Belongs to my friend Josh, I was looking at it last week, nice bike, runs real good.
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #9387
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus
 
TaterHarry's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NNM
Oddometer: 2,464
KLR in Taos

Not mine; but I always liked this color scheme...


http://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/3998237619.html


KLR 650 - $1350 (Taos)



1991 Kawasaki KLR 650

Supertrapp E.A.R. exhaust
42,500 miles
Acerbis bark busters/hand guards
Lowering kit (stock linkage also included)
New UNI oil + air filters
New spark plug
New fork seals
New brakes
Tires at 80%
Saddlebags + extra parts
Great running and well-maintained motorcycle. Title in hand.
Location: Taos
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3998237619 Posted: 2013-08-12, 8:35PM MDT email to a friend
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #9388
AKASY
Noob
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hopefully on a bike
Oddometer: 2,166
Yamaha 400

not mine
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/3956808292.html
__________________
Don't make the mistake of believing everything you think.
AKASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #9389
Mala Suerte
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitheringidiot View Post
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=26350...id=&search=bmw dakar&ad_cid=2

Nice looking scoot, 15K miles, $4,500.

Here's another Dakar in UT:


01 Dakar w/ 4150 miles $5250

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=26377...dakar&ad_cid=1
Mala Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #9390
princess jamaica
OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS
 
princess jamaica's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: KM111.5 POSADA CONCEPCION,BCS
Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHarry View Post
Not mine; but I always liked this color scheme...


http://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/3998237619.html


KLR 650 - $1350 (Taos)



1991 Kawasaki KLR 650

Supertrapp E.A.R. exhaust
42,500 miles
Acerbis bark busters/hand guards
Lowering kit (stock linkage also included)
New UNI oil + air filters
New spark plug
New fork seals
New brakes
Tires at 80%
Saddlebags + extra parts
Great running and well-maintained motorcycle. Title in hand.
Location: Taos
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3998237619 Posted: 2013-08-12, 8:35PM MDT email to a friend
I had an'87.If we can work something out,I'll soon have a'91.....
__________________
24 hours,maybe 60 good years,it's really not that long a stay.........jimmy b.
princess jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014