ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #10771
picard
engage!

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Do any of you know anything about the Honda cb200t?

I saw this ad:

http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/4381789800.html

He sent me a pic, it looks in decent shape. From what I can tell, it would be worth $600 if it were running. I'm looking for something small, that my wife can learn on, this seems about perfect.

Are they easy to work on? I'm thinking with it not running, it really is worth about half that?
You might want to go to http://www.westerncovintage.com/ and ask someone on that board to go take a look with you. Nice folks on that list. If you buy it you will want to make contact there anyway.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #10772
Powderaddict
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Well, I just got back from looking at it, and it followed me home.

All thing considered, it's in pretty good shape. Engine isn't seized, has spark, the body is straight, there's even a minimal amount of the "patina" you would expect in a barn find.

Even the tires are in great shape.

It's going to need some work, but it's a decent little find. It should be fun.

previous: Suzuki Intruder 1400, KLR 250, KLR 650, Ninja 650r, Triumph Sprint ST, Yamaha Seca II, Yamaha XS650, Suzuki TS185

Powderaddict screwed with this post 03-19-2014 at 09:13 PM
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #10773
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,552
Super cool except for that last sentence...
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4383225993.html

I have a aprilia rs50 for sale it needs a little work the carb needs to be re jetted to run normal it has a new 70cc kit installed and would be a great beginner bike for somebody. I have no real use for it right now my wife no longer wants to learn to ride. These are great bikes and a lot of fun. Looks better than a ninja 250. E mail me for any other info. Does need a battery. Looks like the bike in the pics but not the actual bike.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #10774
Proveick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,058
Mystery Bike $1000

Wonder what's under the tarp?

http://rockies.craigslist.org/mcy/4383040971.html

Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #10775
HanzoSteel
n00bish

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveick View Post

Interesting.

The trailer alone is worth half that.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #10776
LC4Dakar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Nice looking KLX650

$1900

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/mcy/4376285886.html

1960 Lotus 7 (hey, it's a 4 wheel motorcycle!)
1953 Matchless G80 trials
LC4Dakar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #10777
jmacjgm
n00b

Oddometer: 5
'89 BMW R100 GS

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/4363977224.html
jmacjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #10778
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,336
71' Yamaha XS 650 XS650 Super Clean Low Miles (Trades?) - $4500 (Boulder)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4380709431.html

Selling my awesome 1971 Yamaha XS650, its in almost perfect condition and almost all original.
This bike runs and rides great. This is a rare opportunity to get a really nice classic bike.
It turns heads everywhere I go.
It has less then 10,000 original miles on it, its actually probably closer to 5000 but the odometer quit working around 2500.
I am only selling it because I have to move. Clean clear title.
Will consider trades or partial trades for a naked or sport touring bike that will be better suited for daily commuting.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #10779
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,552
beautiful

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:59 AM   #10780
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,206
Seems like a fair price otd.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 AM   #10781
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4380709431.html

Selling my awesome 1971 Yamaha XS650, its in almost perfect condition and almost all original.
This bike runs and rides great. This is a rare opportunity to get a really nice classic bike.
It turns heads everywhere I go.
It has less then 10,000 original miles on it, its actually probably closer to 5000 but the odometer quit working around 2500.
I am only selling it because I have to move. Clean clear title.
Will consider trades or partial trades for a naked or sport touring bike that will be better suited for daily commuting.

What a stunning bike. Old Yamahas are my favorate. They are not as sexy as the British units. But I spent more time looking at these than any other bike.Although I am a fool for early Sporties too.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #10782
Proveick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,058
How did he get it up on the balcony?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4381340920.html
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #10783
papa_j
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
San Juan Trail Riders Auction

From the San Juan Trail Riders Web Page. While I am a member of the San Juan Trail Riders I am not affiliated with the sale of the motorbike. The trail riders are a good group of folks and I would like to see the bidding "heat up" for the fundraiser.

Jude

San Juan Trail Rider Auction for the the 2001 KTM 300 XC-W donated by George Gangler will begin March 1, 2014.

George Gangler A.K.A. Arvada George spent many a day roaming the mountains of Colorado along with the deserts of Utah, Arizona, and Baja Mexico. All the while he worked tirelessly to insure that future generations of OHV enthusiasts would continue to have the riding opportunities he enjoyed.

Sadly we lost George in December 2012. One of his last wishes was for San Juan Trail Riders to auction off his trusty KTM 300 and use the proceeds to help us in our effort to promote responsible OHV riding. We will long miss George’s laugh and smile, his enthusiasm and his jest for life. We will forever appreciate and benefit from his efforts to promote the sport he loved.

KTM 300 XCW 2001

Summary of repairs done.

Crank Bearings with new connecting rod.

Top end, new plated cylinder, piston kit with new gaskets, new seals through out the engine and transmission.

New swing arm bearings all other bearings repacked with grease. New chain and sprockets, and new TM designs chain guide. New brake pads front and rear, new Moose rims front and rear with Dunlop MX51 tires and HD tubes. Suspension completely rebuild front and rear. New headlight and all new plastic except for license plate holder. New Enduro engineering hand guards and deflectors. New Pro Taper 7/8” handlebars and cross bar pad.

Bike features: Colorado title ( for trail to trail use not for day to day commuting)

Large fuel tank aprox. 3.4 gal, Trail Tech Endurance trip meter/speedo, Flat Lander Racing radiator guards. Kick stand. FMF knarley nickel plated expansion chamber. Stock KTM silencer.

I would really like to see the bidding heat up. You can get more infromation at sanjuantrailriders.org
papa_j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #10784
OldenSlow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveick View Post
Rode it, and maybe the ramp was employed at some point. At least I would like to think that's what happened.
OldenSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 AM   #10785
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
From the San Juan Trail Riders Web Page. While I am a member of the San Juan Trail Riders I am not affiliated with the sale of the motorbike. The trail riders are a good group of folks and I would like to see the bidding "heat up" for the fundraiser.

Jude

San Juan Trail Rider Auction for the the 2001 KTM 300 XC-W donated by George Gangler will begin March 1, 2014.

George Gangler A.K.A. Arvada George spent many a day roaming the mountains of Colorado along with the deserts of Utah, Arizona, and Baja Mexico. All the while he worked tirelessly to insure that future generations of OHV enthusiasts would continue to have the riding opportunities he enjoyed.

Sadly we lost George in December 2012. One of his last wishes was for San Juan Trail Riders to auction off his trusty KTM 300 and use the proceeds to help us in our effort to promote responsible OHV riding. We will long miss George’s laugh and smile, his enthusiasm and his jest for life. We will forever appreciate and benefit from his efforts to promote the sport he loved.

KTM 300 XCW 2001

Summary of repairs done.

Crank Bearings with new connecting rod.

Top end, new plated cylinder, piston kit with new gaskets, new seals through out the engine and transmission.

New swing arm bearings all other bearings repacked with grease. New chain and sprockets, and new TM designs chain guide. New brake pads front and rear, new Moose rims front and rear with Dunlop MX51 tires and HD tubes. Suspension completely rebuild front and rear. New headlight and all new plastic except for license plate holder. New Enduro engineering hand guards and deflectors. New Pro Taper 7/8” handlebars and cross bar pad.

Bike features: Colorado title ( for trail to trail use not for day to day commuting)

Large fuel tank aprox. 3.4 gal, Trail Tech Endurance trip meter/speedo, Flat Lander Racing radiator guards. Kick stand. FMF knarley nickel plated expansion chamber. Stock KTM silencer.

I would really like to see the bidding heat up. You can get more infromation at sanjuantrailriders.org

If there were a raffle I'd buy a ticket. Best of luck to you guys.