ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #16
zippy OP
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,061
wow Alpharetta has a Ferrari dealership
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:00 AM   #17
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,587
There is a Lamborghini dealership not too far away either. South on Hwy 9 (the same road the Ferrari 'ship is on)
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #18
zippy OP
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,061
Can you recommend a good steak house that'll feed a dirty hippy ?
( casual attire please )

And what's this about not buying beer on Sundays ??????????
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #19
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,587
Yup, no beer on Sundays. Shit man, up here you can't even buy a liquor drink at the bar on Sundays. Only beer. Messed up is what that is.

Good steak? Head West on Mansell til you hit Hwy 9 and go South. About 3-5 miles down you'll come to the intersection of Hwy 9 and Holcomb Bridge (I think it is Hwy 41.) On the NW corner of that intersection is Stoney River Steakhouse. Never been there, but man oh man it smells good every time I ride by.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #20
leeo45
Longtime Lurker

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Good steak? Head West on Mansell til you hit Hwy 9 and go South. About 3-5 miles down you'll come to the intersection of Hwy 9 and Holcomb Bridge (I think it is Hwy 41.) On the NW corner of that intersection is Stoney River Steakhouse. Never been there, but man oh man it smells good every time I ride by.
Zippy,

Stony River is great food and maybe the best steaks in Atlanta. Not cheap, tho. (dinner for two w/ dessert and tip, but no drinks was ~ $120). They're a bit dressy, but I don't think they'll run you off on a weekday if you're in jeans.

I work a few miles north of your training location and ususally commute on the bike. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in a guide thru the mountains some afternoon/evening; or if you'd just like someone to point to some good roads on a map so you can head out on your own. It would be a good excuse for me to leave the office early. I'm normally on the VFR, but if you want to see some sites further off the highway I can ride the DRZ and we can hit the pavement and some gravel roads in between. Maybe catch Pappy Red's BBQ on the way north and wait for traffic to clear out a little.

Have a good visit, and watch out for the frantic, unskilled, and inattentive cage drivers. It's a dangerous place on two wheels.

leeo45 screwed with this post 07-26-2005 at 04:50 AM
leeo45 is offline   Reply With Quote