Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,605
Adventurize your pegs!!!

Hi all,

You've seen that there are adventure pegs for almost all the adventure bikes out there, having some benefits:

- they give you a larger foot surface, so that you won't feel pain after a long ride;
- better stability, so that the foot does not slip;
- some other benefits that you can think of :)

They do have a big disadvantage... the price. The cheapest I know of are at ~ 100 eur, being reduced from 160 eur.

So I thought of making these kits that allow you to have adv pegs on your bike. With a little work from your side. But a whole lot cheaper.

All the parts that you will get are stainless steel.

What would you get:

- a set of parts;

- necessary screws;

- nuts for holding everything together.

Here's the story...

Take off the OEM pegs and put them on a flat surface, next to the parts you got from me:

Using a thin marker, make the signs where the holes are suppose to be. Remember, on a flat surface, so that everything is at the same level.

After marking them...

Both of them :)

You now have to punch them, prior to drilling, on every mark, in the middle!

Now, you have to drill the OEM pegs. Use a 5.5 mm drill or higher diameter. The screws are M5, that is why you need a slightly bigger hole. I recommend using a fixed drill machine, rather than a mobile one, for a better precision.

At the end, put the screws in the pegs and center everything, then lock the nuts. The outside nuts are nylon ones, so they won't come off by themselves.

It should look like this:

That's it.

They are made so that your foot will not slip. Also, they won't damage the boot! At the outside of them, they are slightly cut off, so that you have more space until scratching them on the pavement, while cornering.

I made a couple of sets so far, mounted them and tested them. I loved them! I thought I was too enthusiast about this, but the friends that I mounted them to said the same. They just love them. The legs feel much lighter now. And the price is even lighter.

They are pretty wide, so they will fit virtually every kind of pegs. You don't have to own an enduro touring bike to get theses, they work on road tourers too.

The holes in my parts are slightly oval shaped, so that they allow adjustment, at a later time, in case the rubber on the pegs wear.

The price for such a set is 60$, shipping included, worldwide!

Also, you have 1 month since making the payment to return them, in case you will not like them. I don't think this will be needed, but you do have this option too. Then you will receive your money back.

Paypal is the only way I take payments.

Drop any other questions on this thread, using private messaging or via email at catadan @ fastmail . fm - delete the spaces.

Thanks,

Dan Cata
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
It's about time somebody made a version for standard GS pegs. They're very similar to my ZipTy Racing GSA peg extensions.

Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,605
To be honest, I never knew that these were already made in another form, by someone else.

The ones you have are cool too ;)

Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote