User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
OK Lucinda OP
n00b

Oddometer: 206
Deer Park

So I've left Vancouver, probably for two years.

The first leg is finished, the goal was to visit Ottawa to see family. Crossed the border into the US at Oroville and travelled east on #2, seeing one other bike from Williston ND to North Bay ON, then crossed back into Canada at Sault Ste Marie, 3017 new miles on the clock. There was bad weather twice, but it was a beautiful ride and the bike was nearly perfect. There hasn't been time to play in the dirt much, but that should start soon. Now the plan is to reverse course and head south west.

Here's a pic during bike trials in September. The only changes are a larger GL tank bag an an additional 20 litre GL tube behind the duffle, so it's light. I love travelling two-up on my GS, but my goals this time are completely different and so has been the approach..

OK Lucinda screwed with this post 10-17-2012 at 06:03 PM Reason: pic problems
OK Lucinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
OK Lucinda OP
n00b

Oddometer: 206
Adirondack

Crossed the border at Cornwall ON without any hassle and took #30 then #86 to Saranac wher it had snowed, and not settled. But it was plenty cold. A fully loaded KTM going the other way it started snowing lightly between Saranac and Lake Placid. Lunch break.

Then the clouds broke and the rest of the day was fantastic. The scenery between Lake Placid and Keene was beautiful. The wind had torn most of the leaves off the trees but there was still plenty of color.

After Keene it was #9 for the rest of the afternoon. No gear and slicks at that moment would have been nice as the road (other than some construction higher up) was fast and tight through the villages and countryside. Stopped for a coffee at Lake Shroon to warm up then stopped again to watch the sun go down at Lake George. The plan was to be further south but there was some business to take care of by phone in Vancouver last night and this morning, so stopped there.

Lake George

OK Lucinda screwed with this post 10-17-2012 at 06:00 PM Reason: didn't apply links properly
OK Lucinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
MFS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
I'm in need of a long ride today, more than ever. But I can't, which is what Ride Reports are for! Always look forward to seeing Canada here....

Ride safe, best for luck!

MFS
MFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,642
Where's the rest?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Nata Harli
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Where's the rest?

Surely she isn't one of those who starts a ride report and then never finishes, is she? Nice pics, though.

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote