ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #376
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Well done amigo First ones on me next time we meet. Great trip with some great experiences
Thanks John.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #377
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Deseret Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: East Central Utah (Deseret)
Oddometer: 243
Against the law?

Those pictures you are taking----I gather that it is against the law to take a picture of a scene with a pretty girl in it? Or maybe there are just no pretty girls in those places? You are doing a great job of avoiding being arrested for breaking the law. Not like Colebatch


Edit-----But the pictures you are taking are really good---and I am enjoying seeing those places and structures that otherwise I would never see----so don't take the above as a criticism ---so much as maybe just a suggestion as to how to improve upon otherwise a great presentation -----

Deseret Rider screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 10:59 AM
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #378
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Those pictures you are taking----I gather that it is against the law to take a picture of a scene with a pretty girl in it? Or maybe there are just no pretty girls in those places? You are doing a great job of avoiding being arrested for breaking the law. Not like Colebatch


Edit-----But the pictures you are taking are really good---and I am enjoying seeing those places and structures that otherwise I would never see----so don't take the above as a criticism ---so much as maybe just a suggestion as to how to improve upon otherwise a great presentation -----
If there were too many pretty women in my pictures,I might not be taking anymore trips.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #379
rgiroux
Invisible Man
 
rgiroux's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Socal near the great 33
Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
If there were too many pretty women in my pictures,I might not be taking anymore trips.

__________________
"Otherwise, its been a carnival of idiots, and Im the f*ckin ringmaster" - RTW Doug
Speed is your friend, it also why you see a bike up in a tree from time to time - WarLlama

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #380
TheBlurr
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Montana
Oddometer: 5,588
Great Thread

This was actually the first thread I started reading on this site, and I followed it to the end.
I loved it, no glamour, everything was raw, just how it really is.

Your not trying to get sponsors, nothing special, it is just you, your bike, and an amazing journey.

Thank you so much for taking us along
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #381
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlurr View Post
I loved it, no glamour, everything was raw, just how it really is.

Your not trying to get sponsors, nothing special, it is just you, your bike, and an amazing journey.

Thank you so much for taking us along
I'm glad you liked it.

I don't want to ride for a cause or a sponser. I want to ride for me.No obligations or reporting back. If I don't finish a trip,no hard feelings.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #382
nightflyer
Hors contrôle
 
nightflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Horn of Africa
Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
I'm glad you liked it.

I don't want to ride for a cause or a sponser. I want to ride for me.No obligations or reporting back. If I don't finish a trip,no hard feelings.
Now that is the spirit! that's what freedom is about

Thanks for taking us along my friend and welcome back home
nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #383
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 503
9-13-13 187 miles 17922 total

Yesterday my wife and I drove to Norfolk,Virginia to pickup my bike so I could ride it home and finish my trip.

A little after 8am we went to the shipping address on my papers.At the gate I was told I was at the wrong gate.So they sent me to the North Gate of the Norfolk International Terminal.At that gate I was sent to the Port Police station across the parking lot.They told me what I needed before I could go in the terminal.

I called Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics for 2 release forms I needed.They e-mailed them to the cargo office at the terminal.Then I had to go to the Norfolk Airport Customs department. I had to fill out another form and answer some questions.Then I was given a signed stamped paper to show at the terminal. Before I could take all these forms to the cargo terminal,I had to arrange an escort to take me inside the secure area.My escort cost $150 for about 1 hour of his time and less than 1 mile of driving.If I had known I needed an escort before I got there,I might have found someone more reasonable.In Liverpool it was a free ride in a terminal van.

I hoped to be on the road at 9-10 am and ride all the way home.But it was 3pm before I had the bike out of the terminal.At the cargo office my bike was sitting in the parking lot and ready to go. And it started right up. I rode out of the terminal and returned my visitors pass.My wife followed me through some heavy traffic out of Norfolk. We stopped early in Waynesboro,Virginia.


9-14-13 434 miles 18356 total

I had great weather and traffic all the way home.My wife took a couple pictures of me pulling in the driveway. This is where I started from 3 1/2 months ago.





Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #384
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid
 
WeazyBuddha's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: RGV Texas
Oddometer: 4,261
Home sweet home

Thanks for the effort in putting the RR together
__________________
A drunk driver killed someone I love
WeazyBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #385
Paratrout
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Paratrout's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Cackilackistan, Concord Oblast
Oddometer: 170
Great Job.

Awesome job Bro! I love reading ride reports like yours, thanks for putting this together and glad you and the bike are back home.
__________________
If you go to the gym everyday and workout you don't feel as sore. Same with riding bikes. The more you ride the easier it gets. -JDowns


2008 KLR 650
Paratrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #386
ONandOFF
-ROAD-
 
ONandOFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley riding wonderland
Oddometer: 5,295
Cool! We live near Waynesboro. Been to Burr Oak State Park, sounds like you may live near there. Sweet ride across WV! Does this look familiar?
__________________
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)

ONandOFF screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 01:12 PM
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #387
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Cool! Does this look familiar?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #388
HalfPlate
What? Where?
 
HalfPlate's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Eastern VA
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Does this look familiar?
ADV making the world a little smaller yet again. You just gotta love it.

Congrats on an great trip Doongle.
__________________
-07 R1200GS
-07 Ruckus
5th BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2013
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #389
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass
 
bloochdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
Oddometer: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
9-13-13 187 miles 17922 total

Yesterday my wife and I drove to Norfolk,Virginia to pickup my bike so I could ride it home and finish my trip.

A little after 8am we went to the shipping address on my papers.At the gate I was told I was at the wrong gate.So they sent me to the North Gate of the Norfolk International Terminal.At that gate I was sent to the Port Police station across the parking lot.They told me what I needed before I could go in the terminal.

I called Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics for 2 release forms I needed.They e-mailed them to the cargo office at the terminal.Then I had to go to the Norfolk Airport Customs department. I had to fill out another form and answer some questions.Then I was given a signed stamped paper to show at the terminal. Before I could take all these forms to the cargo terminal,I had to arrange an escort to take me inside the secure area.My escort cost $150 for about 1 hour of his time and less than 1 mile of driving.If I had known I needed an escort before I got there,I might have found someone more reasonable.In Liverpool it was a free ride in a terminal van.

I hoped to be on the road at 9-10 am and ride all the way home.But it was 3pm before I had the bike out of the terminal.At the cargo office my bike was sitting in the parking lot and ready to go. And it started right up. I rode out of the terminal and returned my visitors pass.My wife followed me through some heavy traffic out of Norfolk. We stopped early in Waynesboro,Virginia.


9-14-13 434 miles 18356 total

I had great weather and traffic all the way home.My wife took a couple pictures of me pulling in the driveway. This is where I started from 3 1/2 months ago.







Dude I wrote all my info on the key tag at the port! I wish you had a chance to see it before you had to jump through all the hoops. I could have saved you time,trouble and money. Glad you are home safe..
__________________
"That light is bright, I can"t see sh!t."- H14

bloochdog screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 06:04 PM
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #390
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Doogle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Cool! We live near Waynesboro. Been to Burr Oak State Park, sounds like you may live near there. Sweet ride across WV! Does this look familiar?
I-64 through Virginia and West Virginia is plesant easy riding.I like it.I've been quad riding at Hatfield Mcoy quite a few times.Love it when the leaves are changing.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Dude I wrote all my info on the key tag at the port! I wish you had a chance to see it before you had to jump through all the hoops. I could have saved you time,trouble and money. Glad you are home safe..
A day late and $150 short.I didn't know I needed a paid escort to get in the terminal.In Liverpool I had a free escort ride.I saw the info on the key ring. Didn't realize you were an inmate. I thought it was just info to find the right bike/bike combination. Anyway,I'm glad it was a qualified ADVrider moving my bike around.Thanks.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014