ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #31
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,770
So 8 days....Hmm this is gonna really test my vacation time
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
+1
Apparently we are being denied.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #33
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
Apparently we are being denied.

S.C.
in due time all the locations and route will come out my friend.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #34
ezrdr55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ezrdr55's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Oddometer: 337
I'm looking forward to doing this ride. Last year I did the UTBDR solo on a Wee and was wondering how would you rate AZBDR compared to the UTBDR?
__________________
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not represent that of any other humanoid past, present or future on this or any other planet.
'95 H-D FXDWG '06 Honda CRF250X '04 KTM 450EXC '97 Honda XR-600R (Sold) '04K1200LT(SOLD) '07 K1200GT (SOLD) '09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS '14WR250R
ezrdr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #35
bhorocks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bhorocks's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix az
Oddometer: 346
Looks like camping on the navajo res out by the confluence of lil and big colorado river... . Awesome area out there.
I could be wrong on location though.
bhorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
Mil T
Studly Adventurer
 
Mil T's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Payson, AZ.
Oddometer: 621
Where you guys in Payson last week around Wednesday while mapping this ride? At the Mcdonalds riding around the parking lot?
There were a lot of Adventure bikes rolling through for the Outdoor Expo for the weekend. But I saw what looked like some people on a mission on bikes.
Mil T
__________________
Mil T
Iron Horse Cowboy
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #37
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD
 
BELSTAFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona--Land of the free and heavly armed
Oddometer: 1,089
If

If you saw a new wethead or waterhead or whatever BMW has chosen for a moniker for the 2013 1200 GS , then yes they were at

EXPO and said that they had just finished the AZBDR. Like lots of others on here I'm looking forward to seeing how they treated

us desert rats, but judging from the other published routes I'll bet it will interesting regardless .
__________________
"WIND CALLS THE HEART,ADVENTURE BEGINS"

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #38
eakins OP
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhorocks View Post
Looks like camping on the navajo res out by the confluence of lil and big colorado river... . Awesome area out there.
I could be wrong on location though.
...could be.
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #39
BrassAss
Lost, but not forgotten
 
BrassAss's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Monument
Oddometer: 183
Not quite 8 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
So 8 days....Hmm this is gonna really test my vacation time
It probably will only take 6 days... when filming it takes much longer. But take as much time as you can and see some of the other sights along the way.

Rob
__________________
KTM 990 Adventure
BMW 1200GSW
www.tmadvgear.com
www.backcoutrydiscoveryroutes.com
www.butlermotorcyclemaps.com
BrassAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #40
BrassAss
Lost, but not forgotten
 
BrassAss's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Monument
Oddometer: 183
AZBDR vs UTBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrdr55 View Post
I'm looking forward to doing this ride. Last year I did the UTBDR solo on a Wee and was wondering how would you rate AZBDR compared to the UTBDR?
Overall, I'd say the AZBDR is slightly more difficult than the UTBDR. You have to pay attention most of the time on the AZBDR.
__________________
KTM 990 Adventure
BMW 1200GSW
www.tmadvgear.com
www.backcoutrydiscoveryroutes.com
www.butlermotorcyclemaps.com
BrassAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #41
BrassAss
Lost, but not forgotten
 
BrassAss's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Monument
Oddometer: 183
Payson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T View Post
Where you guys in Payson last week around Wednesday while mapping this ride? At the Mcdonalds riding around the parking lot?
There were a lot of Adventure bikes rolling through for the Outdoor Expo for the weekend. But I saw what looked like some people on a mission on bikes.
Mil T
No, that wasn't us... but Payson is a great place to visit.

Rob
__________________
KTM 990 Adventure
BMW 1200GSW
www.tmadvgear.com
www.backcoutrydiscoveryroutes.com
www.butlermotorcyclemaps.com
BrassAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #42
Britome
Get Free
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassAss View Post
It probably will only take 6 days... when filming it takes much longer. But take as much time as you can and see some of the other sights along the way.

Rob
Can anyone tell me what the best time of year do this. Specifically, march, April or may? This is going to be my big trip for the spring. I don't need route species, just timing so we can plan vacation time accordingly.

Brian
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #43
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 598
I would say April. It will be warm in the higher elevations, but not killer hot in the valley.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #44
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
in due time all the locations and route will come out my friend.
I just wanted to know where the pics were taken.

Will you ever tell us?

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #45
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
Can anyone tell me what the best time of year do this. Specifically, march, April or may? This is going to be my big trip for the spring. I don't need route species, just timing so we can plan vacation time accordingly.

Brian
Now
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014