ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Why the hostilities?

Wolfman would obviosuly be a great company to support. They are a moto company after all. And thanks for the picture Dude. When I was searching for hydration packs, I did take a look at the Wolfman pack that is pictured above. For my needs, it didn't work. I wanted a pack that isn't going to bounce around on me when I take a trip over the handle bars. The USWE pack is designed with this concern in mind. One of their primary selling points is that it is bounce free.

My original link for http://www.offroadchampions.com/ is also a local company. Based in Woodland Park in fact. Feel free to give them a call at 719-686-1109. You can tell them that 602 sent you. And then they are going to ask, "Who the hell is 602?" I am not sponsored, employed or affiliated with them in any way. I am just a satisfied customer sharing my thoughts on the pack. Isn't that the intent of this thread?

Supporting companies that share my passion about our sport is important to me. My bike was bought from the Kawasaki Dealership that is 15 minutes from my house. My suspension was done by Dave Rose at STM who is just down the road from me. And I even spent a bunch of money on graphics for my bike... bought from http://www.offtrackdesigns.net/, a company based in Denver.

I'm not trying to be a jerk to anyone here, just offering an opinion for a product that I think is great. Instead of bashing each other, lets remember that we are friends. I am going to be riding Watkins on Saturday and then the CORCS race in Colorado Springs on May 19th. Feel free to come share a beer and check out the pack. I'm the guy with the yellow truck and a smile.
602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #17
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,319
Costco's a members only thing, right? Or can I take my Joe Public self in there and poke around? My old Monsoon Max is getting long in the tooth.

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
Costco's a members only thing, right? Or can I take my Joe Public self in there and poke around? My old Monsoon Max is getting long in the tooth.
Yes, members only... Let me know if you want to borrow my card, or I can go with you. I live right behind the Costco in Superior.

I've got the Wolfman pack and it's great. You can add capacity and fuel bottles with the Wolfy rollie bags and bottle holders. It's a slick system. I've never had any problems with it bouncing or not feeling secure. But if I ever go over the handlebars, or a cliff, I sure hope it stays nice and comfy...
BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #19
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by COracer View Post
Just swung into Costco today at Park Meadows and found a couple good deals for fellow ADV'ers, no affiliation with Costco or either company just thought I would pass along.

Geigerrig Rig 1200 3L hydration pack- $59.99!! REI shows $145 on their website.

Lightspeed self inflating mattress- $34.99! Pretty cheap mattress, looks to be decent quality. Not especially small or light but if it is comfy I will find a way to strap it on the bike. I will report back once I try it out at home and see if it is any good.

Thanks! I'm going to the Arvada store and see if they will let me in to check both these items out, FYI $55 to join Costco though
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderScott View Post
Yes, members only... Let me know if you want to borrow my card, or I can go with you. I live right behind the Costco in Superior.

I've got the Wolfman pack and it's great. You can add capacity and fuel bottles with the Wolfy rollie bags and bottle holders. It's a slick system. I've never had any problems with it bouncing or not feeling secure. But if I ever go over the handlebars, or a cliff, I sure hope it stays nice and comfy...
Awesome, thanks! I was thinking of riding over to the Arvada store to have a look at one tomorrow. Think they'll let me browse or are they gonna card me when I walk in? Seems like I went in with a buddy before and nobody stopped us at the door.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
You can go to the Customer Service counter and ask for a one day temp pass. They want you to try them so you will join, think of it as a Gym you can always get a temp pass to "try" them out.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
Thanks! I'm going to the Arvada store and see if they will let me in to check both these items out, FYI $55 to join Costco though
Yep, but he could join go in buy the bag and then go to the custoemr service desk and say I don't like it and they will hand him the $55 back. I LOVE Costco for the no hassle policy.

Want to hear stories on return of tires, or this and that...I got plenty through my Uncle who works in shipping & receiving one day week just to keep busy since he retired like 8 years ago. There are some classic stories even TV's that YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO RETURN...yep they still do. All to please the customer.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
You can go to the Customer Service counter and ask for a one day temp pass. They want you to try them so you will join, think of it as a Gym you can always get a temp pass to "try" them out.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 440
GEIGERRIG on ADV

There's also Geigerrigs very own thread to check out right here in the vendors section of ADV.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657662

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
No Geigerrig Rig 1200 3L hydration pack

There aren't any Geigerrig Rig 1200 3L hydration packs for sale at the Arvada Costco - they only stock High Sierra packs. A clerk checked their computer and thought possibly it was a " Road Show" item, that's when vendors travel to various Costcos for a few days having temporary sales. Just did an online Costco search and came up empty handed.

Maybe COracer can chime in if it looked like a regular stock item or not - did they have very many before I drive to Park Meadows?

I did get a one day pass but you have to join for $55 to buy anything...I got a free lunch sampling about 10 different food vendors.

TooFast screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 02:11 PM
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by 602 View Post
Costco sure is a mega corporation. This thread is about buying the pack at Costco.

You have BRC and COHVCO listed in your signature. But yet, the idea of supporting a moto specific company causes you to become argumentative. It seems ironic that you missed my point.

Maybe you outta check out the USWE hydration pack as I mentioned?

Geigerrig and Costco are in the title.

It's a roadshow item where basically both companies break even on the product and not much more.

I do support both Cohvco and the BRC and even occasionally shop at Sprouts. FYI.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
BillyGoatGruff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
So, has anyone else found this pack at any other Costcos? I checked the Springs and nothin. I also had a friend in Denver check around and nothin. She even called the Park Meadows store and they said no record of it in there system. What gives? COracer, are you sure you were in a Costco? (lol!)
Are you sure it was a Geigerrig pack?

I would love to get one of these at that price. I've been eyeing this pack for a while now and just cant get myself to spend the $150 to get one.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

BGG
Old 05-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #28
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
I checked the Superior location and nada...
BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #29
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,824

This thread is AWESOME!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #30
bradrh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote: