User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
SOLO LOBO OP
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,615
Motostorm.IT customer experience

Just wanted to drop in a comment as I was searching for new boots and found the Gaerne's I wanted at Motostorm.IT... This shop is based out of Italy, so I was a bit hesitant on my order.

I email the shop and received a response the next day confirming the price (which was very good) and that they had inventory

I ordered a few days later, and received tracking information the next day

The boots came FedEx, and when FedEx emailed me to ask about having the customs doc completed, Motostorm jumped right in and got it done.

From order to delivery (Italy to WA state) was eight days, but that included two days in the customs jail.

Over a great transaction, and Motostorm was very good about communication, replying to my emails within a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.

SOLO LOBO screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 02:41 PM
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
TexasMule
Float away ya fairy...

Oddometer: 3,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
Just wanted to drop in a comment as I was searching for new boots and found the Gaerne's I wanted at Motostorm.IT... This shop is based out of Italy, so I was a bit hesitant on my order.

I email the shop and received a response the next day confirming the price (which was very good) and that they had inventory

I ordered a few days later, and received tracking information the next day

The boots came FedEx, and when FedEx emailed me to ask about having the customs doc completed, Motostorm jumped right in and got it done.

From order to delivery (Italy to WA state) was eight days, but that included two days in the customs jail.

Over a great transaction, and Motostorm was very good about communication, replying to my emails within a day.
Unfortunately my buying experience is quite the opposite.

Ordered a paid of TCX Gore-Tex Airtechs on May 5, still waiting for them to
"arrive" in Italy so they can ship them. Find it hard to believe that a pair
of Italian boots would take three weeks to show up at an Italian vendor.

Am going to give them one more week to ship the boots, if not, I'm going to cancel my order.

Will never deal with them again.
-to my mind alloy triumph tanks rank near titties in their inherent attractiveness -Mutt

TexasMule screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 07:37 AM
TexasMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
TexasMule
Float away ya fairy...

Oddometer: 3,848
Unethical vendors drive me crazy

I've been trying to get a pair of TXC AirTech boots from Motostorm for almost 6 weeks.

Filippo Quadrelli stated he shipped the boots last Friday and provided a tracking number. End of story, right?

No, noticed that the "package" transit wasn't being updated by FedEx. Contacted them this morning and found out the shipping label was prepared, but the package was never delivered to FedEx.

Needless to say, I cancelled my order with these thieves, and am stopping payment on the CC.

Never again.

Caveat Emptor regarding Motostorm.
-to my mind alloy triumph tanks rank near titties in their inherent attractiveness -Mutt
TexasMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
motostorm
n00b

Oddometer: 2
It's not our policy to reply to letters.
People are free to comment as they see fit. We appreciate comments from people who have bought from us and those who have just visited our site.

When we get unjust criticisms we are obliged to respond.

The problem here is that we don't always have every product in stock at the same time, which means that we have to order them ourselves.
In this case the boots were actually being manufactured in Italy and it took the mother company 3 weeks from manufacture to delivery to Motostorm.

Unfortunately the second problem arose when the delivery company mislaid the parcel between our company and the destination.

We do our best to satisfy our clients, we don't appreciate being called thieves as we're always honest and as soon as we found out that the order was lost we refunded our client the full amount.
motostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
motostorm: I've always considered buying from you, but put it off thinking of having to deal with customs, and the time it takes to ship from you. Your reply makes sense, and I probably might end up buying from you the next time I am looking at some hard to acquire items.
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Jhawkins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
My experience

I ordered a helmet and coms from Motostorm on July 11th, it was shipped on July 17th and I had prompt and professional communication throughout.

I just tracked the package and it said it was delivered today....so super fast shipping, actually faster than most domestic shipping.

Once I get home I'll report on the stuff I recieved, but so far I'm very happy with Motostorm.
Jhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
nanisx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
I bought some spidi gear from them, everything went smoothly.
nanisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
DFWBo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Got my boots for a great price from them
DFWBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,181
I had a positive experience buying spidi gear from them. Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #10
gammaemme
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Talking

bought an ufo full-body sas foam protection from em. asked for the wrong size,s ent it back for free, got the right one. all in a week and half (mind that I live in Italy)
gammaemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
About to order a helmet from them and I was wondering if anyone had a discount coupon I could use.

Thanks
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #12
TomServo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I purchased a Shark Vision-R GT Carbon from them earlier this year and they had a great price and it go to me very quickly, several days ahead of the I expected it to take coming from Italy and having to deal with Customs. Took only 6 business days total if I remember correctly. They were also very good about answering questions before the purchase although there were some language barriers to break through. I will gladly order from them again.

BTW, you can see my review of this very helmet over at webbikeworld (shameless self promotion) :)
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
I appreciate your and others' posts. Question about Customs: (I've bought overseas in the past, and never seem to remember). Is it just customs paperwork/documents, or were there additonal fees on top of your purchase and shipping costs? Once the docs are complete, and the parcel clears customs, you're set, yes? Thanks!
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
LouDiamond
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
great service for me as well

Ordered a Schuberth for nearly $250 cheaper than i could get it in the states. was in my hands less than a week later.
LouDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDiamond View Post
Ordered a Schuberth for nearly $250 cheaper than i could get it in the states. was in my hands less than a week later.
Same here. I ordered mine on 8/12 and it shipped 8/13. FedEx is delivering it today. That's faster than if I had ordered it through Revzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote