ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #91
UtahJim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Thanks. I just found this thread

This is a good one. I'll be adding a few places in the near future. I did the Banning Mills thing with my son. It was fun but kind of expensive.
UtahJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 AM   #92
Mr&MrsErnbo OP
Taggin' Machines

Oddometer: 1,315
Worth it Once though.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJim View Post
This is a good one. I'll be adding a few places in the near future. I did the Banning Mills thing with my son. It was fun but kind of expensive.
I agree, it is a bit pricey but worth it once. They spoil most other zip lines you'll find since theirs is so friggin' awesome. Welcome to the thread and we look forward to your additions to our tasty drives.

If you're not busy on the 10th of August around 1 PM, come down to Warner Robins for a meet, greet, and eat. Check out this link:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906740

Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #93
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,265
How about a NuWay on Cotton Ave. In Macon. I've been enjoying these for 25 years.

Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #94
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Old Clinton BBQ in none other than Gray, GA.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #95
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Choby's on 441 just north of Milledgeville. Although I think it's called Jackson's now.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #96
Mr&MrsErnbo OP
Taggin' Machines

Oddometer: 1,315
Well Look At This!

Wow, Fireman.......you really do get out and ride. Thansks for the additions to our cause. I do love Old Clinton BBQ and have visited the Gray location several times now.

Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #97
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

All these pics are a few years old. I don't get to get out as much as I used to, but I do ride.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #98
UtahJim
Adventurer

Gotta work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&MrsErnbo View Post
I agree, it is a bit pricey but worth it once. They spoil most other zip lines you'll find since theirs is so friggin' awesome. Welcome to the thread and we look forward to your additions to our tasty drives.

If you're not busy on the 10th of August around 1 PM, come down to Warner Robins for a meet, greet, and eat. Check out this link:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906740

Unfortunately my schedule has me working Wednesday through Saturday all month. I would love to be there. I am going to do the Grand Tour of GA in September in one big loop with a brief diversion to NC and TN. I'm going to make a 5 or six day run of it if anyone wants to tag along. I'll have my September schedule in a week or so.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #99
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1000 View Post
How about a NuWay on Cotton Ave. In Macon. I've been enjoying these for 25 years.

hmmm....
i think i know where i'm stopping on my way to or from forsyth next month. i got a class that i'm tenatively scheduled for. looks like a good place to grab a bite on my way back. i have a bad habit of going to Shady Lane in Tifton for a chilidog or 4... which means i should probably do that one on the way up and post it here. dang. gotta wait a month.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #100
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer: 11,780
If you guys are ever passing through Warner Robins on Hwy 96, you should check this place out if you like Mexican. This is undeniably the best Mexican Restaurant in town! These photos were not taken while on the bike. Sorry.

If you like Greek, this place is right next door. Haven't tried it but I heard it was good.

jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #101
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
just a little something. havent had the chance to go and do an official visit for the thread, but i found an interesting article in the paper...

http://valdostadailytimes.com/busine...ating-50-years
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #102
DavidInPalmetto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Hope no one minds me dropping in.
Angie (wife) and I took a Sunday ride from Palmetto, Ga. to the city of Columbus, Ga. Our destinations are Ezell's Catfish Cabin and the Chattahoochee Riverwalk.

We avoided freeways all the way until we arrived in Columbus and then from one exit to the next. Ezell's was fairly easy to find. Just can't read the street signs til I'm almost past them. Still, better to be safe and go ahead a little farther and turn around rather than slam on the brakes.

The first thing that I noticed was the parking lot was full and there was a wait to be seated. That's a good thing in my book. Angie and I were both hungry so we were pleased that we didn't have to wait to be seated for very long. Neat stuff to check out while waiting too. Old outboards, tackle boxes, a canoe and lot of old catfishin' pictures.
Soon after we sat down we had our tea, cole slaw and hush puppies.

While the menu looked good we opted for the special that day. Catfish filets with fantail shrimp. Turned out to be a great choice.
I'll start with the hush puppies. Very light and fluffy with just a slight hint of sweetness that set it apart from any I've had in a long time. The cole slaw was very good too. It set itself apart with a touch of what I think was, but don't know for sure, pickle relish. Never had it like that before and would rate it near the top of any eaten by me before.
Now to the "Entree".

Oops! Forgot to take a before picture. We were so hungry after that ride we dug in and didn't stop until we were through (Is there a belching emoticon?).

This catfish was good. Cooked right and had a nice corn meal batter. It included two nice filets and there was plenty of tartar sauce available. Very important for Angie.
The fantail shrimp was excellent. Cooked perfect with a nice light flour batter that was a pleasant surprise. It tasted as fresh as the shrimp I had in Virginia Beach in May.

I would recommend this eateries to anyone. Waitstaff that was always keeping me with tea and ice and checking on us just the right amount of times along with the great food and catfish eatin' atmosphere.

After paying our tab we saddled up and found our way to the Chattahoochee Riverwalk.

We didn't stay here very long. Not because we didn't like it. We were just so hot it was hard to take it in. There are miles and miles of walking/biking paths, right along the river. Old architecture and great scenic river views. We will stay longer next time by either arriving later in the evening or later in the season when it's cooler. Looks like a lot of history, art and great vistas and I will be back for a better look.

Our last stop is at an old church that caught my eye in Lone Oak, Ga. I'm always stopping to rest at old cemeteries and take some time to read the engravings and imagine the history around each. I also enjoy stopping at historical markers. I got both on this stop.

Thanks for creating this thread. Great idea. There is so much, right here in our own backyards. Many less that an hour or two away from any of us in Georgia.
Biggest, Baddest State East Of The Mighty Mississippi...

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." Rush from "Freewill"
DavidInPalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #103
HPTuner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Nice report DinP! Gives me another place to add to my must-eats!
HPTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #104
UtahJim
Adventurer

Rose Hill Seafood

I always ate there when I was a kid. I haven't been there in years, but I'll be sure to fill everybody in when I go back.

Another great one is Macon Road BBQ. I did a ride down there with a friend recently and the pork is still great. Great prices too.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #105
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Nice find Dave. My wife's family is in Columbus, and we've never tried Ezell's. It will be on the list next time we visit.