ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #106
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,409
This just blew my mind. I remember going to Ezell's in Lavaca, AL when I was a kid. That place was a shack, but had tasty food. Now I just found out that they've got several locations now. My how times have changed.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #107
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Shady Lane - Tifton, Ga

We made an unexpected trip out towards Tifton Tuesday, which gave me an excuse to hit Shady Lane. Unfortunately with a food score of 84, I'd say it falls into the "dive" category. but its good food regardless.

Shady Lane in on Main Street one block south of US-82.

Lori's little GZ still has a "cough", so she didn't want to ride it too far from the house yet. The KLR can handle a two-up ride, but after 74 miles round trip, we were both a little sore.

Drive up, park, and walk up to the window. You can eat in your vehicle or have a seat at the benches.

As always, I chose the two chilidog option. Lori doesnt always eat alot, so I just ordered 5 of em plus a drink. Plan ahead... because refills are not free here. Here, we're waiting for our food.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Not sure why messy foods are often the BEST foods... but it does seem to hold true.

Ice cream cone for desert before heading home!

They have burgers, hot dogs, milkshakes and soft serve ice cream. I was introduced to this place 23 years ago. If possible, I always stop and have some chilidogs. I've volunteered for transports from Tift County just so I have an excuse to stop and have some.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to food. We did get a little wet on the ride... but not too bad.

b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #108
Mr&MrsErnbo OP
Taggin' Machines

Oddometer: 1,315
Burger Shack, Summerville GA

While up retrieving and placing new tags, we stopped for a quick bite here! Should you be out riding, all duded-up in your super-cool gear, getting hungry, but not wanting to park your steed in a location where strangers can mess with it while you haul all your gear into a restaurant... try a drive thru!

This burger joint is located right next to a memorial park in Summerville on 27. Just place your order, give the ladies a few minutes to prepare it, and park your ride in the shade of the park. After they hand you a large cold drink in a jumbo styrofoam cup and a paper bag full of hot goodies, make your way to a table in the shade and enjoy the day. There are restrooms and walking paths, a nicely done memorial to veterans, and even a railroad turntable to explore while you stretch your legs and massage your sore backside.

$14 for 2 drinks, 2 jumbo cheeseburgers, and a large order of onion rings. Not bad.... Cash only.

Mr&MrsErnbo screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 06:45 AM
Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #109
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,512
Shack by the Track, St George GA

The Shack by the Track in St. George (about as far south as you can go in Georgia) is pretty good. It's a popular hangout for motorcyclists. CASH only.

Shack by the Track, 246 Jackson St, St George, GA 31562

It is, as you would imagine, a shack.

The menu is simple.

I think it's crock pot bbq. The smoker looks like it had not been used in awhile.

One plate is enough for two people. Potato Salad is pretty good, beans...eh out of a can. BBQ is good.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #110
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,512
Fincher's BBQ, Macon GA

Fincher's has been around since 1935. They have 4 locations in/around the Macon area. I visited the one at 3947 Houston Ave, Macon GA 31206. The Houston Ave location is in an urban neighborhood which, along with the cinderblock building and slight disrepair, added true Dive legitimacy.

I took a counter seat and enjoyed watching the hustle of the family running it. The menu is standard bbq:

The plates are well-portioned and I liked everything I had. The Brunswick Stew was pretty good and near the top of the list of what I've had out and about. The BBQ was done well and had just a bit of sauce mixed in. The sauce was good..a vinegar/mustard blend.

I liked it enough to be sure to stop in there the next time I'm up that way.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #111
Magnum1b
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 745

This newly reopened restaurant just outside Stockbridge serves all day, seven days a week. Robert Townsend is the owner and recently traded his Harley Davidson for a new R1200GSA waterboxer. The Pit boss Bubba's BBQ is excellent. They do pork and brisket. The breakfast and lunch specials are pretty large servings and very affordable. East Atlanta Road is on the East side of the RR Overpass in Stockbridge. Melissa, Shelby and Terra will take good care of you.

Update: Monday hours are 7AM-3PM now

Magnum1b screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 05:11 AM
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #112
UtahJim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Amos' BBQ and Biscuits

This place is in Ball Ground Ga at the junction of 369 and 372. A nice road to cut east/west in north GA avoiding I20 and Atlanta traffic. The food was good, the service great and the prices hard to beat. It's a really nice family run kind of place.

I was hungry and almost finished the pulled pork sandwich before I stopped myself to take a picture.

UtahJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #113
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
Dolo, you picked one of the best BBQ joints in Macon. You also picked one of the worst neighborhoods to eat in.
Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #114
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,452
Had some great ribs at this place south of Blairsville on 129.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #115
Mr&MrsErnbo OP
Taggin' Machines

Oddometer: 1,315
Missin' Good Barbecue

I knew I should not have peered into this thread but had to. Now I am yearning for some tasty pork Barbecue and there ain't any in this area. The "Turkey Bacon" this morning just didn't cut it....but at least I had an incredible view.

Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #116
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Oddometer: 387
Been meaning to get this up for a long time. This is a place my Dad and I would
go to eat after we got our haircut on a Saturday afternoon. That was about
40 years and Mr. Hamm is still working the grill. His place has been open for
48 years and last year was the first time he has not been at work because he
was in the hospital. But, as you can see from the pics, he is 70 years old and
still working the grill with his son now.

We called it Hamm's Cafe, but the actual name is Town House Cafe.
Famous for their split sandwiches...red hots cut in half and thrown on the grill.
Get it with cheese, ketchup and mustard. Order of fries won't hurt ya none and
the sweetest ice tea.

They start serving breakfast around 730am, then lunch and close at 4pm.

Dang, almost forgot. It's in Covington, GA. on Washington St right off the
square.

Hors d'oeuvre - The gnat that falls into your drink while you're working on the bike.
SchwingTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #117
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&MrsErnbo View Post
Should you be out riding, all duded-up in your super-cool gear, getting hungry, but not wanting to park your steed in a location where strangers can mess with it while you haul all your gear into a restaurant... try a drive thru!
I have eaten at this place!! Have friends across the mountain in Mentone and
would either stop and grab burgers or across the street and pick up a few
groceries. Great burgers and amazing the styro cups are still in use. Around
the sharp curve up ahead is town and there is a guy that has a bunch of
"art" in his yard that he made. I will have to get on google maps and try to find
it.

Good memories going through Summerville.
Hors d'oeuvre - The gnat that falls into your drink while you're working on the bike.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #118
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwingTing View Post
Around the sharp curve up ahead is town and there is a guy that has a bunch of "art" in his yard that he made. I will have to get on google maps and try to find it.
OK, way more famous than I thought. It's called Howard Finster's Paradise Garden. When I went, it was late in the evening and I had no idea that the
place was this famous. He's a little bit bigger deal than some guy with art in his yard.

200 Lewis St. Summerville, GA

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11320
Old 11-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #119
Magnum1b
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 745
The 2013 Edition of "Chomp-da Dogs" is scheduled for November 16th, 2013. We are welcoming the Grand Tour of Georgia Riders to come on down also as that tour finishes that week also. This will be the third year for our little RTE and we're looking to getting together with old and new friends at Nu-Way Weiners once again.

Due to the expected larger turnout and to be able to accommodate everyone more comfortably we'll move to the Nu-Way #8 location on Zebulon Road off Exit 9 of I-475. The address for you luddites with paper maps is 6016 Zebulon Road Macon, GA 31210 478/474-5933 This location is part of a small food court and has more seating than the original Cotton Avenue downtown Macon store. The location is on the South side of Zebulon between Wendy's and Buffalo's and in front of the Kroger Store. The hours for the Zebulon Road location are 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM so feel free to come early for breakfast and tire kicking. We'll plan on the main gathering from 10:30 AM until 12:00 Noon when we'll announce the Long Distance Award and maybe something else. Remember," I'd go a Iong Way for a Nu-Way "
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #120
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Laugh Mmmm, Jim's is Goooooood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Had some great ribs at this place south of Blairsville on 129.

Come to North Georgia, eat, buy gas, spend money, enjoy, but please don't stay for more than 72 hours!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote