ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
haildamage OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
haildamage's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Location: Kyoto, Japan
Oddometer: 178
GPSMAP62 Original Garmin Folder Screenshot

I need to know what was factory loaded on a GPSMAP62 and would like a screenshot of the contents of the Garmin Folder from one that hasnt had the files monkeyed with or one straight out of the box.

Can somebody please post one?

Thanks!
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
I need to know what was factory loaded on a GPSMAP62 and would like a screenshot of the contents of the Garmin Folder from one that hasnt had the files monkeyed with or one straight out of the box. Can somebody please post one? Thanks!
Are you asking which map sets come burnt in?

The only one is the Base Map which comes in all hand helds. You must buy or get other freeware maps.

NOTE 62 does not have 12V power input the 78 is the new hand held of choice.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
haildamage OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
haildamage's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Location: Kyoto, Japan
Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Are you asking which map sets come burnt in?

The only one is the Base Map which comes in all hand helds. You must buy or get other freeware maps.

NOTE 62 does not have 12V power input the 78 is the new hand held of choice.
i am a pretty advanced user and understand how to put maps on, take maps from other units and put them on, etc, etc.

i want to know what files come on it, so that i can put the files back to what comes on it from the factory. i would also like to delete all of the unnecessary birds eye stuff for parts of the world like France that i will never use it in.

i have a 660 that i use primarily on the bikes. i got the 62 for hiking, as a secondary geek unit on my bikes at times, and to keep in my scooter road kit in case i need to find some back streets around a traffic jam. i have always found that running my GPSMAP60 on rechargeable AA worked fine and i prefer the form of the 62, so i went with that one.

so to ask again. if someone gets a new one or has one that has never had the Garmin files altered could post a screen shot, that would be great!
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
so to ask again. if someone gets a new one or has one that has never had the Garmin files altered could post a screen shot, that would be great!
Not a 62/78 user yet so have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect not many users do either. Try your question on the "Official 62/78 thread" many more people will read it.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
haildamage OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
haildamage's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Location: Kyoto, Japan
Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Not a 62/78 user yet so have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect not many users do either. Try your question on the "Official 62/78 thread" many more people will read it.
yeah, it is a pretty geeky advanced user question i am asking. when you plug your unit into a computer the internal memory and the micro SD card will pop up and be viewable in my computer. if you open the internal memory drive, you will see a bunch of files including the "Garmin" folder.

i have put a North America map on mine from another unit, as well as some other maps. this is why i want to know what is out of the box pre-loaded. i think i have already deleted the extra stuff but would like to confirm it.
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer
 
250senuf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Kootenai, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 2,223
View "details" of the contents. "Date created" should let you sort out the new from the original content.
__________________
Not all who wonder are confused
250senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014