Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #16
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 6,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
What's up Barry. We will be relocating to the Smithfield area (down near Suffolk) at the beginning of June. We will definitely have to get together.

Sucks when things go wrong in a deal like that.

Any bike that I have picked up used, especially from here, I fully expect that I will have to do some form or fashion of maintenance or repair. Reason I think this is because I believe that most on this site are riders, we ride our bikes.....A lot. Anybody who expects a used bike to be pristine, that has actually been ridden, are kidding themselves. I am sure that if I tore down my Buell motor today I would find somethings that may need to be replaced, at some point.

Pretty shitty that a shop calls you and tells you this. I guaran-f'n-tee that if I took either of my bikes to a shop they would hand me a laundry list of things that they "think" should be replaced.
No no... wasn't the shop. Was the inmate that purchased the bike. He told me the bike never ran. However the shop he left it at for weeks or months told me "we been riding that thing a lot, it's REAL fast". As soon as I heard that, I was DONE.

The seller put me in touch with the shop and my effort to ensure I did the right thing shed a lot more light. Sucks the way it unfolded, I'm sure the buyer blames me, I was going on facts... He was not.

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #17
hooliken OP
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
No no... wasn't the shop. Was the inmate that purchased the bike. He told me the bike never ran. However the shop he left it at for weeks or months told me "we been riding that thing a lot, it's REAL fast". As soon as I heard that, I was DONE.

The seller put me in touch with the shop and my effort to ensure I did the right thing shed a lot more light. Sucks the way it unfolded, I'm sure the buyer blames me, I was going on facts... He was not.

Barry
Damn! So he said it wouldn't run, but he shop had been riding it? WTF Dude?
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #18
Barry
Just Beastly

Quote:
Damn! So he said it wouldn't run, but he shop had been riding it? WTF Dude?
Oh, I believe this guy was 100% not making shit up. There was just massive miscommunication, and what HE told me the shop told him, is not what the shop told me the shop told him. I don't think this guy was making one bit of it up. I believe he believes I sold him a bike with problems. I know for a fact based on 1) me riding it up until sale with no issues and 2) shop monkeys riding it, that his belief was incorrect. But I wasn't giving him money to buy into his good grace. At time of sale, bike was fine. At some point after that, it needed to come apart for major motor work. That was not my problem, or my fault, regardless of what this other inmate may believe.

Just a bad situation all around. Sucks. I figured he'd call me out publicly on ADVRrider, but he never did.

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
hooliken OP
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Oh, I believe this guy was 100% not making shit up. There was just massive miscommunication, and what HE told me the shop told him, is not what the shop told me the shop told him. I don't think this guy was making one bit of it up. I believe he believes I sold him a bike with problems. I know for a fact based on 1) me riding it up until sale with no issues and 2) shop monkeys riding it, that his belief was incorrect. But I wasn't giving him money to buy into his good grace. At time of sale, bike was fine. At some point after that, it needed to come apart for major motor work. That was not my problem, or my fault, regardless of what this other inmate may believe.

Just a bad situation all around. Sucks. I figured he'd call me out publicly on ADVRrider, but he never did.

Barry
If you wouldn't of been squiden it up maybe you wouldn't of broke his bike.... I keed I keed!

Sucks that it went down like that, but at least you didn't have to deal with being called a douchenozzle in JM. We all know how damaging to your fragile ego that would of been.
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #20
Barry
Just Beastly

Quote:
If you wouldn't of been squiden it up maybe you wouldn't of broke his bike.... I keed I keed!

Sucks that it went down like that, but at least you didn't have to deal with being called a douchenozzle in JM. We all know how damaging to your fragile ego that would of been.
Hahahah... yup. I was braced for the flaming.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
gbmaz
Power Newb

Oddometer: 365
Bought my 2006 DR650 from an inmate up in CO (ricker) just over 2 years ago. Bike was just as he described it. Price was fair. And he drove farther than was really reasonable to meet me.

One of the best purchases I have ever made. The fun to dollar ratio has been great!

Ultimately the deal will cost me a lot of money since it has awakened my inner rider and dreams of long moto trips.

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
gbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
Grover6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Haven't bought or sold a bike on ADVrider yet, but have bought and sold a number of parts and accessories. Not a single bad experience. One inmate I have bought multiple items from and would hazard a guess that even though we have never met, if I showed up at his door cold, wet, tired and miserable he would flip me off with a smile and then give me the shirt off his back.

Great place ADVrider is...
Grover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #23
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable rider View Post
i might have to borrow (ok steal ) that term for awhile... ok?

"world wide inmate"

i like it.

ok
DONATE TO ADVRider
MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #24
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,503
Put my 05 V-Strom on here and a guy contacted me. He and his GF drove over to my office with a trailer, and took it for a test spin. They paid my asking price but I gave them a $100 rebate because the horn was loose. And let her ride it home on my plate.

...Just don't remember who it was.....

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is online now   Reply With Quote